No Expiration Tix Need To Be Across The Board

RollerCoaster

They can’t offer refunds...which means they’ll let you in...which means they can’t operate from a liability standpoint until there is little risk in that.
They absolutely can offer refunds and they absolutely do give refunds depending on the situation. The official policy is "no refunds", but they will make exceptions on a case-by-case basis. I got a cash refund two years ago for an unused ticket to the Christmas Party. Weren't you the one lecturing people about stating false information in a different thread yesterday?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It was implied by your response.

You can't control crowds with tickets that are not date specific. No expiration tickets are not date specific.

Also, right now if you have a date-specific ticket and you don't use it you can apply the value (amount paid) towards the purchase of a new ticket for another time. Disney hasn't been giving refunds for unused tickets, but you don't forfeit the money you paid. It's a credit that can be used to purchase new tickets.
I think you’re reading the “implication” wrong...

I think club was saying you can’t have people spend Disney prices to get/stay there and then have them turned away after the thermometers “spin to wheel” on them.

It isn’t about refunds...it’s that Disney will never tow that line and they know it. They know their clientele.

Last edited:

RollerCoaster

Then I HIGHLY doubt you’ll be denied entry to a themepark you have a date stamped ticket for...

“Highly”
Disney has publicly stated that they may implement temperature checks before granting admission. The interpretation of that statement is pretty clear. If implemented you will be denied admission if you have a temperature.

In the interest of guest service and best practices, I fully expect they will offer cash refunds to anyone who is denied admission. However, that refund will obviously be limited to your admission tickets.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They absolutely can offer refunds and they absolutely do give refunds depending on the situation. The official policy is "no refunds", but they will make exceptions on a case-by-case basis. I got a cash refund two years ago for an unused ticket to the Christmas Party. Weren't you the one lecturing people about stating false information in a different thread yesterday?
No, jack...you were berating people and misreading my opinions which I am entitled to and are quite well informed through experience.

You are thrashing around like a 26 year old know it all...which “implies” you know very little

thomas998

If you are turned away before the turnstile then it doesn't matter what the expiry of remaining days are on the ticket if you never got to use it in the first place!
It could matter. Assume you arrive with a 5 day ticket. You go in the first day not problem. The second day you get denied entry because of the temperature check... now while they haven't made it official one would expect that if Disney is going to send someone home because they believe them to have the coronavirus that they wouldnt' be allowed to return for at least 14 days... so the person with a 5 day ticket only got to use 1 day of it, by the time the 14 days has expired the remaining 4 days has also expired.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It could matter. Assume you arrive with a 5 day ticket. You go in the first day not problem. The second day you get denied entry because of the temperature check... now while they haven't made it official one would expect that if Disney is going to send someone home because they believe them to have the coronavirus that they wouldnt' be allowed to return for at least 14 days... so the person with a 5 day ticket only got to use 1 day of it, by the time the 14 days has expired the remaining 4 days has also expired.
This is an example of why I don’t see these types of plans working in a destination spot like Orlando. It’s a large outlay to get there and long stays...

Not a run down the street to Six Flags.

Jon81uk

And then as you have been turned away you get a refund of the percentage of the price you didn’t use.

thomas998

And then as you have been turned away you get a refund of the percentage of the price you didn’t use.
Maybe if you complain long and hard enough. If you look at the terms of your ticket they are non-refundable... so while they may do it in some cases I wouldn't want to pin my hopes on them doing it for everyone.... nor would I expect them to give you a reasonable refund. I can see them saying, "Okay your 5 day ticket was 420... but instead of given you (420/5)*4 or 336... we're going to take the 420 minus the one day cost of 130 so you get 290." Is it a lot of difference? No... but then if you went as a family what would they do with the other 3 tickets in the family has? I could also see them no offering any concession on the other 3 family members. Never trust a corporation especially when they are going to be desperate to make up for lost revenue.

thomas998

Disney has publicly stated that they may implement temperature checks before granting admission. The interpretation of that statement is pretty clear. If implemented you will be denied admission if you have a temperature.

In the interest of guest service and best practices, I fully expect they will offer cash refunds to anyone who is denied admission. However, that refund will obviously be limited to your admission tickets.

Also a good chance they wont stop anyone based on a temp reading because it is only going to be done to make people feel better not to actually catch any one that is infected.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Also if they reject you at the park...are you ok to go back to one of their hotels?
That’s what I’m saying...it’s a slippery slope you can’t start down.

Who makes sure you aren’t “contaminated” before you show up and check in to a $10,000 package?

TSA at the Pittsburgh International Airport?

I don’t see anyway they can hold the line on denying entry...even if intentions are good.

Rapid covid test at the bag check? Ok...let’s see it.

But an infrared thermometer reading of 99.2 at 10 am on July 24th when it’s already 89 degrees?

I’m not against any precautions...I just can’t go with support of things that make no sense.

Last edited:

thomas998

But an infrared thermometer reading of 99.2 at 10 am on July 24th when it’s already 89 degrees?

I’m not against any precautions...I just can’t go with support of things that make no sense.

The more humorous part is that when you read a FLIR manual it will normally include instructions on how to properly use them to detect someone's internal body temperature which is what you would want to do when trying to find someone with a fever. In order to get the closest approximation of the internal temperature you need to get a reading from the tear ducts of the eyes. Now the first problem is I seriously doubt most people that are going to be using these cameras or even the managers that buy them will ever bother to read the full manuals. I read one cover to cover because I"m a bit OCD when it comes to manuals, most people aren't and most will just use the quick guide on how to use the camera and never bother to look at the shortfalls of it which are always like the bit on tear ducts, buried in the fine print.

And as you pointed out when someone has been out in the hot Florida sun, especially if they have dark skin are going to show up hotter than you would expect. I could see Disney getting sued if the sue the cameras because it could easily end up being racially biased.

Giss Neric

If they turn people away, they really need to provide a refund to the entire party.
If the reason they turned you away is valid, then that's not their fault. If I got turned away cause I'm having a slight fever, I wouldn't ask for a refund of everyone in my family. I would just come back. Besides, when they reopen it's gonna be locals first.

Giss Neric

About 10 days ago, I was denied entry of an establishment who was doing temperature checks before entering. I am certain that I was feeling well at that time and had no fever. The reason for my high temp than usual was that I parked a bit far and had to walk about 5-8 minutes on direct sunlight. I had to cool down first and passed the temperature check 20 minutes later. I never got mad or shouted at them for denying me entry but I'm sure a lot would.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
The more humorous part is that when you read a FLIR manual it will normally include instructions on how to properly use them to detect someone's internal body temperature which is what you would want to do when trying to find someone with a fever. In order to get the closest approximation of the internal temperature you need to get a reading from the tear ducts of the eyes. Now the first problem is I seriously doubt most people that are going to be using these cameras or even the managers that buy them will ever bother to read the full manuals. I read one cover to cover because I"m a bit OCD when it comes to manuals, most people aren't and most will just use the quick guide on how to use the camera and never bother to look at the shortfalls of it which are always like the bit on tear ducts, buried in the fine print.

And as you pointed out when someone has been out in the hot Florida sun, especially if they have dark skin are going to show up hotter than you would expect. I could see Disney getting sued if the sue the cameras because it could easily end up being racially biased.
I dont think you have to worry about racial bias suits due to overheating being an issue. All skin gets the same kind of hot since most heat soaked in by sun rays is from infrared radiation, which effects light and dark skin the same.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If the reason they turned you away is valid, then that's not their fault. If I got turned away cause I'm having a slight fever, I wouldn't ask for a refund of everyone in my family. I would just come back. Besides, when they reopen it's gonna be locals first.
About 10 days ago, I was denied entry of an establishment who was doing temperature checks before entering. I am certain that I was feeling well at that time and had no fever. The reason for my high temp than usual was that I parked a bit far and had to walk about 5-8 minutes on direct sunlight. I had to cool down first and passed the temperature check 20 minutes later. I never got mad or shouted at them for denying me entry but I'm sure a lot would.
Where are you coming from?

And there are a slew of reasons why your comparisons to a Winn Dixie don’t wash for wdw...like at all.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I dont think you have to worry about racial bias suits due to overheating being an issue. All skin gets the same kind of hot since most heat soaked in by sun rays is from infrared radiation, which effects light and dark skin the same.
I think you have to worry about the bad PR from ruining an expensive trip from a temperature check by an amateur making minimum wage

Jon81uk

What about all the other costs?

Disney gonna pay for a no notice, limited schedule flight back to O’Hara on United that afternoon?

This is why the whole thread and this entire conversation is irrelevant really.
Either they do thermometer checks but they are meaningless, or they don’t do them at all and hope the other mitigations (Disney employed or state mandated) work or the whole tourism and travel industry waits for it to be suitably “safe”.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is why the whole thread and this entire conversation is irrelevant really.
Either they do thermometer checks but they are meaningless, or they don’t do them at all and hope the other mitigations (Disney employed or state mandated) work or the whole tourism and travel industry waits for it to be suitably “safe”.
Exactly

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom