Trip Report No Creative Title...Just my Live Trip Report from Disneyland!!

Currently at the St. Louis airport waiting for our 9:20 flight to LAX for our week long stay at Paradise Pier Hotel in Disneyland!

We left Eastern PA on Wednesday morning and traveled to Southern Illinois to visit family. The trip out was great. The kids love road trips!

In the last week, we found out my brother-in-law will be meeting us in Disneyland for the first two days. We usually travel to AZ to see him during our trips out west, so this will be a nice surprise for the kids since they don't see Uncle Pat too often. We also found out my wife's cousin will be meeting us for dinner tonight as well.

Thanks to those who follow along. Ill keep this updated frequently!

coachwnh

Original Poster
Love all your photos, especially the Captain America ones!

Try the goat trick the next time you ride Thunder Mountain. Ask the CM to sit in the back and once you pass the goat with the dynamite in its mouth, stare at it as you go down. I can't really explain the feeling, but it's a neat trick.
Will definitely do this. We will be in DL again tomorrow.

coachwnh

Original Poster
Making the walk down Main Street and back to the hotel earlier today.

IMG_1637.JPG

IMG_1638.JPG

IMG_1639.jpg

IMG_1643.jpg

IMG_1642.jpg

DisSplash

You can meet Captain America, Thor and see the Iron Man Suits inside Innoventions.

Yes. You can also meet Thor! There is also a cool Ironman setup.

I am thinking I will win the man over with this news .... He's already on the "Disney Side" so to speak, but was thinking DL was a few years off. Maybe not now!

Coach - are you guys planning on meeting Thor? I'd love to see those photos!

coachwnh

Original Poster
I am thinking I will win the man over with this news .... He's already on the "Disney Side" so to speak, but was thinking DL was a few years off. Maybe not now!

Coach - are you guys planning on meeting Thor? I'd love to see those photos!
Yes. We will be heading back to DL later today and again tomorrow. We are here until Saturday, so no doubt we will meet him!

Californian Elitist

OK. All caught up with this morning's pictures. Now enjoying an adult beverage by the pool. The pool is the only real disappointment about Paradise Pier. Its a very small pool (especially by Disney standards).

Paradise Pier wasn't always a Disney hotel, which is why it's lackluster for some. I forgot the name of the original owners, but Disney took control of it. They didn't bother taking it down and starting over.

coachwnh

Original Poster
Paradise Pier wasn't always a Disney hotel, which is why it's lackluster for some. I forgot the name of the original owners, but Disney took control of it. They didn't bother taking it down and starting over.
I Don't really think any of the three have that Florida Disney feel. They are nice, but there's just something missing

Californian Elitist

I Don't really think any of the three have that Florida Disney feel. They are nice, but there's just something missing

I know what it is. It's the fact that we don't see a lot of tourists, compared to Florida. We are commonly known as a "locals hangout", which is true in some way. I guess Disney didn't feel they really needed to go all out for the hotels here since we rarely see tourists. Even the people who live out of state are common repeat visitors, some even annual passholders (like you). WDW is looked at (and is) as a huge vacation mecca and destination. The DLR, on the other hand, is looked at the opposite way. It's looked at as an attraction of California, with California as a whole being the vacation destination, which it is. That becomes obvious when you see Disneyland selling CityPasses, tickets to other theme parks. If you've ever been around Hollywood/Los Angeles, the tourists booths have brochures of a whole bunch of places for visiting, including Disneyland.

I find the dynamics of WDW and the DLR very interesting. They are from the same company, yet completely different from each other.

coachwnh

Original Poster
Getting something to eat at the PCH Grill here at the hotel before heading back to DL for the night.
I know what it is. It's the fact that we don't see a lot of tourists, compared to Florida. We are commonly known as a "locals hangout", which is true in some way. I guess Disney didn't feel they really needed to go all out for the hotels here since we rarely see tourists. Even the people who live out of state are common repeat visitors, some even annual passholders (like you). WDW is looked at (and is) as a huge vacation mecca and destination. The DLR, on the other hand, is looked at the opposite way. It's looked at as an attraction of California, with California as a whole being the vacation destination, which it is. That becomes obvious when you see Disneyland selling CityPasses, tickets to other theme parks. If you've ever been around Hollywood/Los Angeles, the tourists booths have brochures of a whole bunch of places for visiting, including Disneyland.

I find the dynamics of WDW and the DLR very interesting. They are from the same company, yet completely different from each other.
Well said. Im happy we have been able to explore DL the past three summers. Its fun comparing the two (DL and WDW). There are so many things I like about both. Im just happy we have been able to do it as we have.

coachwnh

Original Poster
Brayden and Madelyn decided they want to ride California Screamin', so we are going to CA first before we go back to DL for the night. It closes early for WOC. Hope we get there on time.

coachwnh

Original Poster
Just as we were about to get on California Screamin', the ride was shut down due to technical difficulties. Real bummer. At least we only waited 15 minutes. Now in line for the Silly Symphony Swings

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom