No Cameras on Space Mountain

DCLcruiser

Not that I am aware of. The only rule at WDW pertaining to recording is...

"Photography, videotaping or recording of any kind, or otherwise engaging in any activity, for unapproved commercial purposes."
POV ride videos on YT, to me, are like bootlegging a movie. You have to see it in person, or buy the video from Disney.

Lilofan

... and what way is that? I know they have a rules against "commercial photograph" same as the US parks, but I am not sure how they enforce that.
Ever been to Japan? I have. The society has a different mindset in following the rules , personal responsibility etc. This even followed to the FIFA World Cup. The Japan team and their fans cleaned up after themselves cleaning and picking up trash in the locker rooms and seating area. Can’t see that ever taking place in the USA.

SteveAZee

I thought it was always against T&S to video record on a ride as that is copyrighted content?
I guess the key to that is "without permission".

Back in the MGM days, if I recall correctly, the 'studio' tour had a prohibition on image/video capture. Could have been the lack of permission, or just not wanting to leak out what the animators were working on.

thomas998

I think people just don't understand how camera settings work, or how to control their aperture. So they, based on decades of disposable cameras, use the flash in any dark setting. Even for fireworks :facepalm:
Yeah, I see two types that make me cringe... you have the folks with a cheap phone or camera that doesn't even have enough control for anyone to get a reasonable photo, or you have the ones that have spent more on their camera than they spent on the trip but they never bothered to learn how to use it so they set it for auto and turn on the flash. Rarely do you see people with a clue, though the ones that know what they are doing don't use a flash in every dark ride in the park.

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
So it looks like this is actually a ban on "loose items" not on filming. If you have the camera secured to your body in some way you can still film.
Where did you hear that? The sign still says cameras Or are they going by Busch Garden rules?
Space-Mountain_Full_49580.jpg

Comped

POV ride videos on YT, to me, are like bootlegging a movie. You have to see it in person, or buy the video from Disney.
Many use them to experience rides they otherwise wouldn't be able to go on - be that for physical or economic reasons... Unlike movies, which except for limited releases are generally widely available (at least for those produced in an English-speaking country), theme parks are far more expensive to visit...

EeyoreFan#24

It seemed like there was some confusion on the Resort TV livestream last night. The phone was physically secured to his arm by an exercise band or something like that. One CM said it probably wouldn’t be allowed, with others saying it would. When it was go/no go time in safety check on the rocket I don’t think the CM said anything until he asked if it was ok. The answer was basically the rule is nothing in your hand - not nothing attached to your hand/arm so it was ok to go. The safety checker concerns were about the device falling off not about the filming.

Sounds like just attach whatever to have to yourself and your good.

Chip Chipperson

It seemed like there was some confusion on the Resort TV livestream last night. The phone was physically secured to his arm by an exercise band or something like that. One CM said it probably wouldn’t be allowed, with others saying it would. When it was go/no go time in safety check on the rocket I don’t think the CM said anything until he asked if it was ok. The answer was basically the rule is nothing in your hand - not nothing attached to your hand/arm so it was ok to go. The safety checker concerns were about the device falling off not about the filming.

Sounds like just attach whatever to have to yourself and your good.

That's why I'm having a camera surgically installed on my head. It might be a PITA when it needs to be upgraded, but I'll deal with that when the time comes.

IanDLBZF

Was this policy recently extended to dinosaur?
Because I tried using my camcorder with a wrist Strap, obviously, and was told to put it away (which I complied).

JohnD

Was this policy recently extended to dinosaur?
Because I tried using my camcorder with a wrist Strap, obviously, and was told to put it away (which I complied).
Not sure if "extended" but makes sense. You are jostled around a lot during that ride. Loose items should be secured during that ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom