Pre-Trip no boys allowed!

I wasn't going to start this quite yet, but I've reached a point in my planning that I need a bit of advice from the experts. So here I am. By experts, I mean people who go more often than once every 3-5 years and know shortcuts and tricks. @Tuvalu @Darstarr @ajrwdwgirl @riverside I know there are many of you, so I apologize for not naming all of you, but these were the names that came to me off the top of my head because I'm reading your TRs often.

The basics:
Who: My daughter (E) and me. My husband isn't a Disney fan and would rather spend the money on a gaming computer, which he did last Summer and told me I should take E on a trip with just the 2 of us because we have a similar travel style and both LOVE Disney and will get a lot more out of it than he or our son would. So...no boys on this trip. Just us girls. There may be appearances from a few other players, but we're not sure yet. My best friend Shasta might join us for a few days, my cousin C and her daughter L might pop in as well, and we'll be staying a couple nights with my friend D.

When: July27 - July 29th at Universal's Endless Summer Dockside Inn and suites
July 29th and 30th with my friend at her home in Kissimmee
July 31-August 14th at Disney's All-Star Music resort

Why?: Because that was the deal. My husband and A both got gaming computers so E and I get a Disney trip. And E is going to be a senior next year, but didn't want to do a graduation trip because she didn't want to be trying to do her senior projects while also planning a Disney trip, because she's a perfectionist and wants to focus on school. So we're doing a trip to celebrate her senior year!!

Songbird76

Original Poster
Wait.... you taught your husband how to do laundry yesterday? I know I'm unique in that my husband does 90% of the laundry, but I still know how to do it. We both were taught how to do laundry as teens/pre-teens so we could help at home and have the skill as an adult. Does A and E know how to use the laundry machine?
Well, he did his laundry in college, but that was 25 years ago. He doesn't like doing laundry and I HATE doing dishes, so we agreed before we got married that he'd do the dishes and I'd do laundry/ironing. So he hasn't done laundry since college and he doesn't know how to use our machines, like what settings to use for what, what hangs up, what can go in the dryer. When I was stuck in the US after my dad died, he just brought all the laundry to his parents' house and let his mom do it for him.

I did teach E the basics because when she goes to college, she'll need to do laundry. For now, it's a little bit too much for A. I'll teach him when the time comes, but for now it's too overwhelming along with the other responsibilities and things he needs to learn. He'll most likely be living at home during college, so we've got time for him to learn. We don't know if he'll ever be able to live on his own. He's high functioning, but has low problem solving skills. He can handle the daily life when it's predictable and it's a standard routine, but not everything is predictable and when something out-of-the-ordinary happens, he can't cope and he needs help. So he may never be able to live on his own. We don't know. So if that time comes, I'll teach him the basics.

Tiki Traveler

I’ve been following along. Have a wonderful time!

Excited Oh My God GIF by Pudgy Penguins

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
The Princess And The Frog Food GIF by Disney

Almost there! We leave Tuesday morning. I have to work today, but then I'm off. I wasn't supposed to have to work, but one of the guys called in sick yesterday while I was working and they asked if I can work today if he's still sick. But it's only 4 hours, so it could be worse.

E finished my Halloween party costume last night, and I've packed pretty much everything I CAN pack, so it's just the last minute stuff now.
Have a great trip! We can't wait to hear about it!

Songbird76

Original Poster
Made it to the doubletree in Philly and got our cookies. There were no food establishments in the international arrivals terminal, so we had to wait until we got to the hotel for food, which sucks because it took us over an hour to get through immigration, but then the baggage didn't come out for another hour or so because there was a storm when we landed and they were on a lightning lockdown and couldn't get the bags off the plane. We were starving.

Attachments

• IMG_20230725_154457.jpg
    IMG_20230725_154457.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20230725_162137.jpg
    IMG_20230725_162137.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 55

fractal

Made it to the doubletree in Philly and got our cookies. There were no food establishments in the international arrivals terminal, so we had to wait until we got to the hotel for food, which sucks because it took us over an hour to get through immigration, but then the baggage didn't come out for another hour or so because there was a storm when we landed and they were on a lightning lockdown and couldn't get the bags off the plane. We were starving.

Welcome to Philly airport!

By the way, more storms on the way.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

At least you got a good cookie and that pizza & sandwich look good. Was it from the hotel or did you order delivery?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom