Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

Brer Oswald

Not sure if this is a Universal decision or a Nintendo decision, since the land appears to be finished. The 3D World Port was supposed to drop this Fall, And was pushed to February. Since this land is based on 3D World. There might be some good synergy opportunity there, with the game dropping shortly before the Land does.

BrianLo

The footers now appear mostly poured for the DK Coaster in Japan. I suppose it will debut a year following, unless they put the project on freeze for a bit. The coaster's steel is probably already bought and paid for at this point I'd imagine.

Brer Oswald

The footers now appear mostly poured for the DK Coaster in Japan. I suppose it will debut a year following, unless they put the project on freeze for a bit. The coaster's steel is probably already bought and paid for at this point I'd imagine.
I was under the impression that they weren’t doing DKC.

Brer Oswald

That’s Hollywood and Singapore. Japan and Orlando, which are the two that are nearly identical, are both to get it. In Japan it is Phase 2 and Orlando it was to open with the park.
When the land was first announced, The was much doubt that the land was going to get more than Mario Kart and Yoshi.

Things must have changed within the last year or two.

mccgavin

That’s Hollywood and Singapore. Japan and Orlando, which are the two that are nearly identical, are both to get it. In Japan it is Phase 2 and Orlando it was to open with the park.
As far as I am aware, we don't actually know what is going to be built in Singapore. The artwork that was released resembles the Japan/Orlando versions of the land, but I don't think we definitively know what will be there.

When the land was first announced, The was much doubt that the land was going to get more than Mario Kart and Yoshi.

Things must have changed within the last year or two.
1602609846950.png

This artwork from Universal has been floating around on the Internet since shortly after Super Nintendo World was announced. While it only slightly resembles what is being built, it's been clear that Donkey Kong was always going to be a part of this from the beginning.

Brer Oswald

As far as I am aware, we don't actually know what is going to be built in Singapore. The artwork that was released resembles the Japan/Orlando versions of the land, but I don't think we definitively know what will be there.

View attachment 505077
This artwork from Universal has been floating around on the Internet since shortly after Super Nintendo World was announced. While it only slightly resembles what is being built, it's been clear that Donkey Kong was always going to be a part of this from the beginning.
Of the Orlando version.

The original report was:
- Mario Kart, Yoshi, And DKC in Florida
- Mario Kart in California
- Mario Kart and Yoshi in Japan (with a possibility of DK)

lazyboy97o

Of the Orlando version.

The original report was:
- Mario Kart, Yoshi, And DKC in Florida
- Mario Kart in California
- Mario Kart and Yoshi in Japan (with a possibility of DK)
Japan and Orlando have pretty much been identical from the beginning of serious planning after Zelda and Pokémon had been jettisoned from the land. Donkey Kong was always slated for Japan, just in a second phase.

seascape

Where is Universal going to put Nintendo world in Orlando? According to everything I have read there contract with Nintendo requires it to be built prior to when they will now get Epic Universe built.

Ragerunner

Where is Universal going to put Nintendo world in Orlando? According to everything I have read there contract with Nintendo requires it to be built prior to when they will now get Epic Universe built.
They could still build it at the Kids Zone area in the Studios. That was the original plans which they had submitted to the City of Orlando for permits.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom