Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

Mike S

Say its for Mario Kart, they have to include drifting, its the only way to play the game and the most important skill to have playing competitively against other human players. I can't see Nintendo not including this kind of fan service to their hardcore gamer fanboi/fangirlz.

On to the Switch, Blizzard Entertainment, ( The BEST game developer in the world bar none! ), just made mention it appears that the absolutely amazing 2016 Game Of The Year Overwatch won't be coming to the Switch because of the Switch not having the power to run it, which is terrible news as the game would be perfect for the platform. Hopefully other developers won't make this a echoing excuse.

Psst, get ready for the SNES Classic this November, make sure to Pre-order!
If it was solely about power they would've flat out said no which they haven't yet. I think some of these games will come if the Switch keeps selling the way it is. Remember, even the Wii got Call of Duty ports.

Btw, I would totally buy a SNES Classic.

Jimmy Thick

If it was solely about power they would've flat out said no which they haven't yet. I think some of these games will come if the Switch keeps selling the way it is. Remember, even the Wii got Call of Duty ports.

"I think the problem is, we've really targeted our min spec in a way that we would have to revisit performance and how to get on that platform," Kaplan explained.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/overwatch-director-says-nintendo-switch-115533044.html

^ Blizzard speak for "Nope not happening".

I've been a Blizzard fanboi since the first Warcraft, they are very forthcoming with good news and if there was a Switch version on the horizon or in development they would have made a huge announcement/ spectacle at BlizzCon last year,they didn't, its not coming. Which is a shame, if I could play Overwatch online anywhere competitive I would buy the Switch in a heartbeat, millions would, it would sell more systems than Zelda and Mario combined. 25 million players stuck to a tv/pc monitor can't be wrong and most would agree with me. Would love to eat my words on this, but Blizzard is Blizzard and very predictable.

Btw, I would totally buy a SNES Classic.

Heck yeah, if the HD is as good as the NES classic games, I'll preorder as soon as possible and pay up to $100. Super Metroid and Super Castlevania in crisp HD would be as good as it gets for retro gaming, especially on a classic SNES controller. Dam, just getting excited thinking about it...

Mike S

"I think the problem is, we've really targeted our min spec in a way that we would have to revisit performance and how to get on that platform," Kaplan explained.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/overwatch-director-says-nintendo-switch-115533044.html

^ Blizzard speak for "Nope not happening".

I've been a Blizzard fanboi since the first Warcraft, they are very forthcoming with good news and if there was a Switch version on the horizon or in development they would have made a huge announcement/ spectacle at BlizzCon last year,they didn't, its not coming. Which is a shame, if I could play Overwatch online anywhere competitive I would buy the Switch in a heartbeat, millions would, it would sell more systems than Zelda and Mario combined. 25 million players stuck to a tv/pc monitor can't be wrong and most would agree with me. Would love to eat my words on this, but Blizzard is Blizzard and very predictable.
"Just because we're not on a platform right now, it doesn't mean we won't reconsider it in the future, so we stay aware of all these things."

Still not a definite "no," especially if they keep getting asked about it ;)

Also when did BlizzCon happen? Because if you recall correctly there was a time when third parties weren't allowed to confirm any games for the Switch even when they were featured in the reveal trailer.

Sparksfly

This has probably already been asked...and answered...but, when is excavation supposed to start for Nintendo land (or whatever its being called)? Is kid zone still set to be demolished?

JT3000

So, like Dinosaur.

Except even as budget-slashed as it is, Dinosaur is more thrilling and inspired than Kong.

The only thing less inspired than the pitch darkness of Dinosaur was Sounds Dangerous! I'll gladly look at a screen if it means I actually have something to look at.

Supposed to be after HHN or first of the year according to the people with info.

Funny, they were saying the exact same thing last year.

Tom Morrow

The only thing less inspired than the pitch darkness of Dinosaur was Sounds Dangerous! I'll gladly look at a screen if it means I actually have something to look at.
Conceptually, IMO, racing against time before the mass extinction-causing asteroid hits, while on an unauthorized mission to bring back the last living dinosaur, is a lot more inspired than "let's look for Kong. There he is. He fought the monsters." Yes, there is some backstory, but they sure don't give you much of any context before you board the truck.

To me, actually moving on a track and whipping around, even if its in darkness with bare bones sets as Dinosaur is, will always be more fun and thrilling than being parked in front of a screen while you watch action happen to characters that aren't you. This is why I love Spider-Man, Transformers, and Forbidden Journey, but feel Gringotts kind of misses the mark (although it's story concept is well done), and I don't care much for Kong at all.

JT3000

Conceptually, IMO, racing against time before the mass extinction-causing asteroid hits, while on an unauthorized mission to bring back the last living dinosaur, is a lot more inspired than "let's look for Kong. There he is. He fought the monsters." Yes, there is some backstory, but they sure don't give you much of any context before you board the truck.

Dinosaur's concept has more holes in it than swiss cheese. We're given no particular reason to care about this random cartoon dinosaur from a movie no one remembers, we're only trying to bring him back with us because some crazy scientist wants us to. Why are we, as random civilians, even agreeing to put our lives in danger for this guy? It's not like we could possibly be in danger, he straight up tells us a mass extinction event is about to take place right after we reach our destination. And how are we even bringing the dinosaur back? I don't recall an iguanadon ever (conveniently) jumping into our vehicle. If you can overlook these glaring issues so easily, doing the same for Kong should be a piece of cake. Yeah, it could do a better job delivering backstory & context while you're waiting to board, but the radio was basically the only way they could do that given the location/time period the ride is set in and the technology available.

To me, actually moving on a track and whipping around, even if its in darkness with bare bones sets as Dinosaur is, will always be more fun and thrilling than being parked in front of a screen while you watch action happen to characters that aren't you. This is why I love Spider-Man, Transformers, and Forbidden Journey, but feel Gringotts kind of misses the mark (although it's story concept is well done), and I don't care much for Kong at all.

Suit yourself. No matter how much fun the actual ride movements may be, an almost complete lack of visual stimuli on a ride just doesn't appeal to me. Every time I go on Dinosaur, all I can think about is what a waste it is, especially after riding Indy (which is far superior even in terms of motion.) I'm as tired of the screens as the next person, but it's a much better option than simply turning the lights off.

I don't remember anyone saying Kid Zone was closing last year. Could be wrong on that.

I'm not going to dig up their posts, but that's what all the "insiders" were saying at the time. They were certain we'd see activity the moment HHN was over, as if that were the only thing hindering the project's progress.

Last edited:

snek

Dinosaur's concept has more holes in it than swiss cheese. We're given no particular reason to care about this random cartoon dinosaur from a movie no one remembers, we're only trying to bring him back with us because some crazy scientist wants us to. Why are we, as random civilians, even agreeing to put our lives in danger for this guy? It's not like we could possibly be in danger, he straight up tells us a mass extinction event is about to take place right after we reach our destination. And how are we even bringing the dinosaur back? I don't recall an iguanadon ever (conveniently) jumping into our vehicle.
I rode this four times recently and can't remember... Do they ever say why we need to bring him back? Just cause of the mass extinction? I still love this ride to death even though it makes no real sense. I think the dinosaur is captured in a green net/grid now too BTW... Not sure how lol. Anyway this got me thinking, did anyone here know that pirates has a story to it besides the movies now? I had a tour guide tell me recently that we as riders are supposed to be escaping the city that the Pirates are burning down and that's why we go through the fort and board boats. I had no idea...

Tom Morrow

I rode this four times recently and can't remember... Do they ever say why we need to bring him back? Just cause of the mass extinction? I still love this ride to death even though it makes no real sense. I think the dinosaur is captured in a green net/grid now too BTW... Not sure how lol. Anyway this got me thinking, did anyone here know that pirates has a story to it besides the movies now? I had a tour guide tell me recently that we as riders are supposed to be escaping the city that the Pirates are burning down and that's why we go through the fort and board boats. I had no idea...
IIRC this is true for the Magic Kingdom Pirates, which is why you see the image of a pirate ship approaching off in the distance just past the loading area. Disneyland's Pirates is supposed to be a trip back in time. I could be wrong though.

Jabbas

Any recent news on this? I've looked and I haven't found anything other than the original articles. They seem to be keeping things under wraps.

Mike S

Any recent news on this? I've looked and I haven't found anything other than the original articles. They seem to be keeping things under wraps.
I'm not bothered as it hasn't yet reached the absolute fever pitch that we had leading up to the Nintendo Switch reveal. THAT was insane. At least we have concept art.

Later this month Nintendo is having a stockholders briefing so maybe we'll get info there.

Jabbas

I'm not bothered as it hasn't yet reached the absolute fever pitch that we had leading up to the Nintendo Switch reveal. THAT was insane. At least we have concept art.

Later this month Nintendo is having a stockholders briefing so maybe we'll get info there.

As long as it's still happening I'm okay with it too! I was just worried because I've only seen the original articles.

Mike S

I'm wondering if it a matter of "let's see how the water park does". Water park wasn't cheap and doubt Nintendoland will be either. Also see if the new hotels carry through on last year. Everyone likes new but sometimes things go down hill after that.

Who knows but I do like that's it's sitting in the wings pretty much ready to go.
I seriously doubt it'll be dropped.

Casper Gutman

I seriously doubt it'll be dropped.

From my (meager) understanding, it's more the case that all future plans got thrown a bit into confusion by the huge new land purchase and the acquisition of Dreamworks Animation - what should go where and when got jumbled up as a third park and a bunch of new IPs were added to the mix.

I'd be really saddened if we don't get Nintendo Land, but I don't think there's any reason to worry about it.

Mike S

From my (meager) understanding, it's more the case that all future plans got thrown a bit into confusion by the huge new land purchase and the acquisition of Dreamworks Animation - what should go where and when got jumbled up as a third park and a bunch of new IPs were added to the mix.

I'd be really saddened if we don't get Nintendo Land, but I don't think there's any reason to worry about it.
Yeah, Nintendo was a huge win for Universal. I read something recently that companies have been trying for years to get the theme park rights to their characters. The only casualties seem to be that SLoP ride and maybe Avengers being pushed back. From what I understand the Forbidden Forest and Nintendo have taken precedence.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom