Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

Tom Morrow

I guess we'll have to wait and see how much of a "transition" role this contraption would play. The dome screens in Forbidden Journey are technically transitions... they just make up more than 50% of the ride.

Mike S

I guess we'll have to wait and see how much of a "transition" role this contraption would play. The dome screens in Forbidden Journey are technically transitions... they just make up more than 50% of the ride.
Personally I wouldn't mind that as Forbidden Journey nailed a good balance just like the new Pirates and I'm sure the main Star Wars ride as well.

danpam1024

And without them, FJ would be a mediocre ride, instead of the masterpiece that is is :)

Mike S

That's what I'm worried about far more. Please don't cut corners this time UC!

Supplement, don't fully simulate.
What I described is exactly like what Disney did on IJA to simulate moving backwards from the boulder with a huge physical prop just on a much larger scale and to simulate faster forward movement than what you're actually moving at. Combine it with wind and I'm sure no one would know the difference.

How is that a bad thing?
Unless you expect lengthy show scene stops ala Great Movie Ride, it would have been an extremely short ride with its current footprint.
The plot available wasn't that big to begin with.

BrianLo

What I described is exactly like what Disney did on IJA to simulate moving backwards from the boulder with a huge physical prop just on a much larger scale and to simulate faster forward movement than what you're actually moving at. Combine it with wind and I'm sure no one would know the difference.

How is that a bad thing?

The plot available wasn't that big to begin with.

I didn't know we were supposed to be moving backwards with the IJA boulder. I thought the car was stalled ha ha.

I'm a ok with that. It's likely what they are doing too. I want it to supplement speed, but I want the ride to actually move, not merely simulate it. Basically I don't want ANOTHER full 360 tunnel, even if this one is actually 360.

Transitions are perfect, full scenes we've been there, done that.

imperius

I didn't know we were supposed to be moving backwards with the IJA boulder. I thought the car was stalled ha ha.

I'm a ok with that. It's likely what they are doing too. I want it to supplement speed, but I want the ride to actually move, not merely simulate it. Basically I don't want ANOTHER full 360 tunnel, even if this one is actually 360.

Really don't think there will be 360 tunnels here. All insiders say the ride is physical sets. This patent is for warp tubes by the look of it since there is supposed to be multiple tracks so it's a transition element. It will probably just be some background projections or screens plus physical pieces for the change between Bowsers caste and like Rainbow Road.

Mike S

Yeah, the walls around you move forward and the motion of the car makes it seem like you move back before diving under the boulder. It's extremely effective even though I know how it's done. Can't wait to ride again this summer!!!! :D

Back to topic does anyone know how fast Mario Kart could actually be at it's true top speed, not what's simulated? I don't expect Test Track but still.

Quinnmac000

Yeah, the walls around you move forward and the motion of the car makes it seem like you move back before diving under the boulder. It's extremely effective even though I know how it's done. Can't wait to ride again this summer!!!! :D

Back to topic does anyone know how fast Mario Kart could actually be at it's true top speed, not what's simulated? I don't expect Test Track but still.

It truly depends on the ride footprint. The larger the ride the fast it is capable of going, the smaller the less likely. Realistically I doubt they would want to go any faster than 50 MPH if they include drifting elements

Jimmy Thick

Realistically I doubt they would want to go any faster than 50 MPH if they include drifting elements

Say its for Mario Kart, they have to include drifting, its the only way to play the game and the most important skill to have playing competitively against other human players. I can't see Nintendo not including this kind of fan service to their hardcore gamer fanboi/fangirlz.

On to the Switch, Blizzard Entertainment, ( The BEST game developer in the world bar none! ), just made mention it appears that the absolutely amazing 2016 Game Of The Year Overwatch won't be coming to the Switch because of the Switch not having the power to run it, which is terrible news as the game would be perfect for the platform. Hopefully other developers won't make this a echoing excuse.

Psst, get ready for the SNES Classic this November, make sure to Pre-order!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom