Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

Mike S

I think what is going on is a rethink about the rides in Japan which will directly effect what goes into Orlando. I have no doubt until Japan is straight on what they are doing and it's fully under construction then nothing is going to happen in Orlando. Maybe someone decided to ramp it up or maybe a ride failed badly in a proof of concept trail? I assume they test new ride systems on a small scale before they build out a real sized one?

As far as splitting up Mario why wouldn't they? They split Potter so Potter fans need to buy multiple park tickets and many probably get the hoppers. If Potter was all in one spot there would be need for a potter fan to visit the other park or get a hopper.
I’m not saying split up Mario, I’m saying split up Nintendo. Think of them like Disney. They’re more than just Mario.

JT3000

I think the potential problem could be that it was mainly Mario, Nintendo's most popular IP, that was supposed to go into Kid Zone. While it would be very easy to split up Nintendo's IPs, they may have decided that they want Mario to go into a new gate to drive attendance.

Mike S

I meant Mario in a generic way. Should have said Nintendo. To me Nintendo is Mario.
thats-not-how-this-works-thats-not-how-any-of-13575671.png

Cesar R M

They are building it in Japan about as much as they are building the theatre right now in MK. Sure, they actually physically broke some ground for 6 weeks, but we've now been 6 months without any construction crew on site.

881 days from announcement to groundbreaking for Pandora. 763 for announcement to groundbreaking for SNW in Japan. But then again groundbreaking is nothing but a ceremonial timepoint, with the two projects seemingly having diverged for reasons unbeknownst... but I have many theories, most of them good.
Didnt they cancel the theatre already?

How does Nintendo fit into the STUDIOS theme of Universal?

Surely IOA would have been a better fit? Or are we doing away now with the movie link to the Studios park.

I think what is going on is a rethink about the rides in Japan which will directly effect what goes into Orlando. I have no doubt until Japan is straight on what they are doing and it's fully under construction then nothing is going to happen in Orlando. Maybe someone decided to ramp it up or maybe a ride failed badly in a proof of concept trail? I assume they test new ride systems on a small scale before they build out a real sized one?

As far as splitting up Mario why wouldn't they? They split Potter so Potter fans need to buy multiple park tickets and many probably get the hoppers. If Potter was all in one spot there would be need for a potter fan to visit the other park or get a hopper.

Maybe the ride attractions in Japan were SCREEN ATTRACTIONS and they decided they just couldn't do that anymore here in Orlando :angelic:

JT3000

Maybe the ride attractions in Japan were SCREEN ATTRACTIONS and they decided they just couldn't do that anymore here in Orlando :angelic:

Funny how in one topic you're super skeptical about them moving away from screen-based attractions, and in the next you're suddenly posting your own hypotheticals that involve them rethinking attractions because they were maybe going to be screen-based. You must've been convinced. :angelic:

Disneyhead'71

How does Nintendo fit into the STUDIOS theme of Universal?

Surely IOA would have been a better fit? Or are we doing away now with the movie link to the Studios park.

Illumination is one of Universal's animation divisions.

https://venturebeat.com/2018/02/09/...ains-how-illumination-won-mario-movie-rights/

And has a close working relationship with Legendary.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...nolds-pokemon-movie-detective-pikachu-1076103

And none of the Nintendo attractions are screen cased. You really are just trolling now.

Mike S

Mouse Trap

Us theme park nerds believe there has been a change of plans and that now Mushroom Kingdom will be an anchor IP for the 3rd gate, which appears to have been fast tracked.

I don't think "fast tracked" is the right phrase here. Being "realistically considered" is a little closer. No one BTS is 100% convinced Orlando needs another theme park just yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom