Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

lebeau

Wait no more nintendo land in USF? Now it's at the third gate? A little transparency here would be appreciated by universal :(

I could be mistaken, but I think that is in reference to Nintendo Phase 2. Phase one would still go to USF. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Voxel

President of Progress City
I could be mistaken, but I think that is in reference to Nintendo Phase 2. Phase one would still go to USF. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Honestly there is no clear info. When I first saw/heard the Nintendo plan it was described as going into Universals third gate. Than they announced it going into USF, and I was told that a chuck of the project was canceled or Shelved for later use. A few months ago I would confidently say it was going to be two phases, now I’m as clueless as the rest.

UCF

Honestly there is no clear info. When I first saw/heard the Nintendo plan it was described as going into Universals third gate. Than they announced it going into USF, and I was told that a chuck of the project was canceled or Shelved for later use. A few months ago I would confidently say it was going to be two phases, now I’m as clueless as the rest.
They never announced any details as to where it is going, outside of "Orlando". The USF/Kid Zone location was always just rumors, with a few leaks, but its of course possible plans have been drawn up for multiple sites for consideration.

Voxel

They never announced any details as to where it is going, outside of "Orlando". The USF/Kid Zone location was always just rumors, with a few leaks, but its of course possible plans have been drawn up for multiple sites for consideration.
That’s a good point, we did leap onto those rumors. I would still lean toward it being a core IP of a new park, if I had to make a call based on what I know, but my contact left Uni Creative 8 months ago so a lot could have change since then. :/

Voxel

This sucks so much. We might be getting last now.
That’s not necessarily a bad thing, esp if we are getting more Nintendo IPs than the rest. I know that they were at least blue sky designing attractions around Mario, Kong, Zelda and Pokémon. Possibly more...
Plus it’s a reason to go to the Asian parks and from what I’ve seen the Asian versions of these parks (Disney and Uni) get the cooler merchadise.

JT3000

I'm starting to get the feeling Universal can't decide what they want to do. Either way, a third gate will not be built within the time frame we're seeing for Japan, and Kid Zone desperately needs a face lift of some sort.

Brer Oswald

The ONLY way I will be "okay" with this is if we are getting pokemon or zelda in addition to super nintendo world at the same time.
I thought “Super Nintendo World” was the name of the whole theme park brand? Like for example: Super Nintendo World: Mushroom Kingdom or Super Nintendo World: Hyrule.

Sped2424

Original Poster
I thought “Super Nintendo World” was the name of the whole theme park brand? Like for example: Super Nintendo World: Mushroom Kingdom or Super Nintendo World: Hyrule.
Nope it would appear it's just called Super Nintendo World
1518498604676.png

Nowhere on any offical concept art do they designate it as "Super Nintendo World: Mushroom Kingdom" or a variant of that. It would appear this is the offical name of this expansion.

Mike S

Nope it would appear it's just called Super Nintendo WorldView attachment 263699
Nowhere on any offical concept art do they designate it as "Super Nintendo World: Mushroom Kingdom" or a variant of that. It would appear this is the offical name of this expansion.
Before Diagon Alley the same was true for “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.” Then they added the location names for each one. The same could easily be done for Nintendo if there were different lands in different parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom