Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

ProfSavage

and too many incest.

I mean, don't get me wrong... half the reason I love the series in the politics and the smut... but yeah, never will happen. And yeah. Jamie and Cersei. Craster and his daughter-wives. All of the Targaryens from Ageon the Conquer to...now. Lots of incest.

elfshadowreaper

As much as I love Zelda, I just can't see it being a ride. If they can pull it off I'd love it, but it's kinda like the tv show/movie thing. Making Link talk just takes a lot of the charm away. And they'd have to do some kind of "And this is your ride-vehicle!" which would be very weird in Hyrule. But I guess they could do the Skyward Sword futuristicy stuff.

Matt_Black

Lots of incest.

Well, not like we haven't seen it before....

Simba-nala-simba-and-nala-9757178-816-480.jpg

Bairstow

If there was any chance of ET going, and I don't think it will, I think it'd be more realistic for Universal to demolish it completely and rebuild, or at the very least gut it for a completely new ride.

Any particular reason you think that?
Is there something wrong with the ride hardware?

Twilight_Roxas

As much as I love Zelda, I just can't see it being a ride. If they can pull it off I'd love it, but it's kinda like the tv show/movie thing. Making Link talk just takes a lot of the charm away. And they'd have to do some kind of "And this is your ride-vehicle!" which would be very weird in Hyrule. But I guess they could do the Skyward Sword futuristicy stuff.
Unless they do a dumbo-style ride with Loftwings.

Bairstow

Unless they do a dumbo-style ride with Loftwings.

Between Pilotwings, Lakitu, all the flying machines from Mario Kart, Kid Icarus, and all the rest of that mess, you could make a pretty radical spinner ride where every bucket is a unique character.

That or build a really radical multilevel carousel.

champdisney

I wouldn't find that a problem being that Netflix has a Legend of Zelda series coming out next year. I'm pretty sure Link will talk there so why not in an attraction?

GLaDOS

Any particular reason you think that?
Is there something wrong with the ride hardware?
It's old and not the most reliable. Besides, they can do better than merely retheming existing rides.

Yea, more or less. I don't think anyone, Nintendo or Universal Creative, would be jumping for joy at the prospect of retrofitting a 25 year old ride path and system for their shiny new toy. Ever since Comcast came in, it's seemed like it's an "out with the old, in with the new approach". All of Amity wiped off the map, MSHI total theme upgrade on the way, and most of if not all of San Fran going for F&F.

With that being said, I still think ET stays. Stranger things have happened, though.

Bairstow

Yea, more or less. I don't think anyone, Nintendo or Universal Creative, would be jumping for joy at the prospect of retrofitting a 25 year old ride path and system for their shiny new toy. Ever since Comcast came in, it's seemed like it's an "out with the old, in with the new approach". All of Amity wiped off the map, MSHI total theme upgrade on the way, and most of if not all of San Fran going for F&F.

Yeah, but Jaws was far less reliable and versatile than ET is.

Not only that, but since the Comcast takeover you had re-theming of the Unicorn, Jimmy Neutron, and Dragons and just before that Universal reused the Back to the Future and Earthquake hardware.

With new show scenes they could do some pretty special stuff with the building and ride system that's there, and possibly even salvage most of the still-great indoor queue.

GLaDOS

Not only that, but since the Comcast takeover you had re-theming of the Unicorn, Jimmy Neutron, and Dragons and just before that Universal reused the Back to the Future and Earthquake hardware.

Comcast had nothing to do with Unicorn or Dragons retheming. That was all under Blackstone/GE leadership. Minion Mayhem was also when Blackstone owned 50% of the company and Comcast leadership hadn't really seen the light when it came to theme parks yet.

As for BTTF and Earthquake. Those were done in the dark days of Blackstone/GE when spending as little to make the most was the goal

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom