Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

bhg469

Only game I legitimately thought that Gamecube died when playing it as well as the only game where I had consistent nightmares for every creak n' groan my house made.
The only game that made me check my tv to kill a fly that wasn't really there?

Mike S

You'd hope. One big issue was new, better projectors that are also more ambient.
At this point I wouldn't mind having the old projectors. There's way too much light and it kills the effect. Sort of defeats the purpose of putting in new projectors to make it look better.

Jrn14

How exciting!

I really want a Mario Kart ride... I'm not sure how exactly it will work, but I would hope it would be somewhat fast, interactive... maybe have twenty two seater cars going in waves in which you drive through various of the more recognizable "tracks" Mario Speedway, Banshee Boardwalk, Bowser's Castle, and the finale would be Rainbow Road... Hopefully you can get items and then dispense them via touch screen to other memebers of your 20 person wave... I also would prefer this to be actual track.. not a simulator (I know it would have to be the size of Kansas)... Maybe a giant warehouse and they could build levels... I know this would be hard to accomplish but I have faith in the creative team at Uni... make it happen. :D

elfshadowreaper

I don't know much about Universal and what they use certain land for, but could this be a potential Nintendo site?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-08 at 1.41.12 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-05-08 at 1.41.12 PM.jpg
    372 KB · Views: 88

dr_teeth90210

It's been rumored that E.T. has been on the chopping block for a long, LONG time. Why not retheme it to a Zelda attraction? You already have Kokiri forest in the que area. Instead of riding bicycles you could ride horses as he goes to battle with Ganondorf. To modernize it, you could always throw in some slingshots and make it an interactive ride ala' Men in Black.

GLaDOS

It's been rumored that E.T. has been on the chopping block for a long, LONG time. Why not retheme it to a Zelda attraction? You already have Kokiri forest in the que area. Instead of riding bicycles you could ride horses as he goes to battle with Ganondorf. To modernize it, you could always throw in some slingshots and make it an interactive ride ala' Men in Black.

If there was any chance of ET going, and I don't think it will, I think it'd be more realistic for Universal to demolish it completely and rebuild, or at the very least gut it for a completely new ride.

AndyMagic

Twister and Disaster are on the immediate chopping block for unrelated projects but the rumors of E.T.'s demise in Orlando were mostly just a knee-jerk reaction from the theme park community after both Hollywood and Japan removed their versions of the ride. While there may have been broad discussions about the ride's future in Orlando at some point, most insiders have made it clear that E.T. would be staying for the foreseeable future. Even the early talks about a KidZone redo mentioned that it would be spared. Whether or not this Nintendo deal changes that I'm not sure but I have a feeling E.T. will be staying with some queue and entrance changes.

matt78

How exciting!

I really want a Mario Kart ride... I'm not sure how exactly it will work, but I would hope it would be somewhat fast, interactive... maybe have twenty two seater cars going in waves in which you drive through various of the more recognizable "tracks" Mario Speedway, Banshee Boardwalk, Bowser's Castle, and the finale would be Rainbow Road... Hopefully you can get items and then dispense them via touch screen to other memebers of your 20 person wave... I also would prefer this to be actual track.. not a simulator (I know it would have to be the size of Kansas)... Maybe a giant warehouse and they could build levels... I know this would be hard to accomplish but I have faith in the creative team at Uni... make it happen. :D

I wonder if it would be a simulator and they would go the Star Tours route and program maybe 20 or so tracks into it.

Last edited:

mahnamahna101

What I'd love to see for Nintendo at IOA:

Mario/Donkey Kong/Pokemon to replace KidZone
  • Mario Kart E-ticket family coaster
  • Super Mario Bros play area
  • WarioWare or Mario Party show
  • Yoshi's Island flat ride
  • Donkey Kong E-ticket water ride
  • Diddy/Dixie flat ride
  • Pokemon interactive show
  • Pokemon family dark ride
  • Pokemon flat ride
Medieval/fantastical 3rd gate that includes
  • LOTR/Hobbit
  • Legend of Zelda
  • EarthBound
  • Star Fox
  • Metroid
  • Star Trek
  • Godzilla
  • Doctor Who
  • Sherlock
  • Fire Emblem
  • Kirby
  • Animal Crossing
  • Pikmin
  • Game of Thrones
  • Roahl Dahl
  • My Little Pony
  • World of Warcraft
  • Classic Universal Monsters
  • Hanna Barbera
  • Monster High
  • Hasbro board games
  • Retro arcade games
Basically get the big franchises into USF first through the KidZone area and mystery plot/MIB & FFL... then use the remaining to balance out the 3rd gate.

ProfSavage

What I'd love to see for Nintendo at IOA:

Mario/Donkey Kong/Pokemon to replace KidZone
  • Mario Kart E-ticket family coaster
  • Super Mario Bros play area
  • WarioWare or Mario Party show
  • Yoshi's Island flat ride
  • Donkey Kong E-ticket water ride
  • Diddy/Dixie flat ride
  • Pokemon interactive show
  • Pokemon family dark ride
  • Pokemon flat ride
Medieval/fantastical 3rd gate that includes
  • LOTR/Hobbit
  • Legend of Zelda
  • EarthBound
  • Star Fox
  • Metroid
  • Star Trek
  • Godzilla
  • Doctor Who
  • Sherlock
  • Fire Emblem
  • Kirby
  • Animal Crossing
  • Pikmin
  • Game of Thrones
  • Roahl Dahl
  • My Little Pony
  • World of Warcraft
  • Classic Universal Monsters
  • Hanna Barbera
  • Monster High
  • Hasbro board games
  • Retro arcade games
Basically get the big franchises into USF first through the KidZone area and mystery plot/MIB & FFL... then use the remaining to balance out the 3rd gate.

Game of Thrones? Never will happen. The books are too gorey, the show too risque...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom