Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

Ignohippo

THEIR properties? The Simpsons is owned by FOX, Harry Potter by J.K., Toon Lagoon by King Features Syndicate, Transformers by Hasbro, etc. The only recent thing they've done with something they own is Despicable Me.

They own the IP for theme park use and are doing the most with the IPs they own. That's all that was meant by that statement. Chill out.

Matt_Black

Chill out.

tumblr_mfdf98uNQb1rkc77po2_250.gif

Mike S

You do know Nintendo own the Eternal Darkness IP just sayin' much better fit, more scary
Mentioned that one in the Spirited thread. They would need more than just the same house every year though right? One year Eternal Darkness, the next year The Shadow Temple. Complete with Bongo Bongo.
image.jpg

LeRaposa

So what kinds of rides or shows do people want to see? I'd like to see these:

Luigi's Mansion: Dark ride that is basically a modern Haunted Mansion except well humorous. It would combine screens like in the Mexico Ride at Disney and animatronics. It shouldn't really be scary though because it's Luigi's Mansion. It's supposed to be a humorous take on the Haunted house genre. The queue would be fantastic for this.

Metroid: Dark ride rendition of the original game. Something like Spider-Man. You follow Samus on her journey back home to Zebes where she fights the evil Space Pirates and their fearsome leader Ridley, who murdered her parents. The queue could be the Galactic Federation base.

Mario: I imagine a Mario ride as something like Peter Pan. It takes you through the Mushroom Kingdom. The exterior would obviously be Bower's castle. No idea what the queue would be though. There's just so many possibilities.

Star Fox: It would be based off the Back to the Future/Simpsons ride system and also like Star Tours. You'd be going on a flight with the Star Fox crew.

Donkey Kong: Has potential as an entertaining show for kids. I would love a ride but I think DK and his crew would work so well as a show. At the end I can I want the whole crew to sing this song:

The Legend of Zelda: Zelda would be an amazing dark ride. Hyrule would make an amazing mini-land in its own right. A Zelda show would also be cool. Universal needs a few more shows.

As for the other Nintendo franchises, not a clue what could be done with them. Super Smash Bros could make for an entertaining stunt show though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom