Nineteen Eighty-Four Competition Arena

DinoInstitute

HoH Challenge 1: Putt Putt for Power
@IDInstitute's submission

Walt Disney World has always been much more than just the rides. Sure, everyone loves the parks and the stories they tell, but what makes this resort so much more is what else it offers. From parasailing in Bay Lake to enjoying the night life of Downtown Disney, you'll never have two of the same experiences on a trip!

One of the most popular of these activities is Miniature Golf. There are currently two courses in WDW, both of which extremely fun and loved by guests. It's time now, though, to add a third mini golf course, called "Nature's Spirit"!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nature's Spirit will be located on part of the expansion ply shown above, right next to Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park, as it follows the same theme. However, it also serves the purpose of bringing easy transportation to the area. The other two golf courses are only accessible by car, making it extremely difficult for most guests to be able to come and enjoy the experience. With this course sharing the parking lot of DAK, it won't be an issue anymore.

This will be one of the most exciting (and immersive) golf courses ever, with holes featuring Savannah/Harambe, Asia, and the Oasis themed scenes, as well as many animatronic animals, authentic plant life, and highly themed environments. However, in this presentation, I will focus mainly on the star of the course, the grand-finale 19th hole. This is an 18 hole course like normal, the 19th is not for scoring, just returning the golf balls in a fun way.

image.jpg

The hole's main feature is a giant waterfall that pours into the path, as shown above. It adds kinetic energy to the hole, and also makes an incredible sight aesthetically. Large tree roots and rocks are also along the path as obstacles. However, it doesn't matter how well anyone can putt past these, as the grass is slanted, like a funnel, all directions pointed downwards to the hole. The hole itself is inside the waterfall. This creates a very interesting effect, as when the ball goes through the water, it then "disappears". Guests can follow the path around the waterfall and through the cave, which serves as an exit/entrance to the golf course.

Commemorative pins, t-shirts, magnets, and other memorabilia can be purchased at this point.

Thanks for reading!
(Sorry for not as much detail/as detailed an image, I'm still on the road for a little bit :p)​

DisneyManOne

2631759-Disneys-Art-of-Animation-Resort-Hotel-Exterior-2-DEF.jpg

Disney's Art of Animation Golf Course

Recently opened nearby Disney's Art of Animation Resort, the similarly-named Art of Animation Golf Course lets guests enter some of the greatest moments in Disney animated movies. There are, of course, 18 holes, each one themed to a different Disney movie--and for that matter, that movie's signature scene. At first glance, the figures surrounding the hole seem stationary. But however, if you're able to get a hole-in-one, the figures will come to life and help re-enact the scene.

Holes
1. Steamboat Willie (Scene: Mickey steering the boat)

Steamboat-willie.jpg
2. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (Scene: "The Dwarfs' Yodel Song")
500px-Snowwhite-disneyscreencaps_com-9617.jpg
3. Pinocchio (Scene: The Blue Fairy brings Pinocchio to life)
blue-fairy-pinocchio--large-msg-130877503679.jpg
4. Dumbo (Scene: Dumbo flies for the first time)
DumboFlying1.jpeg
5. Bambi (Scene: Bambi and Thumper meet Flower)
eGhxdjBvMTI=_o_bambi-meets-flower.jpg
6. Cinderella (Scene: Cinderella's dress transformation)
cindy255_zps4b512188.jpg.html
7. Peter Pan (Scene: Peter and Hook's fight in the Skull Rock cave)
WDAALEC19_1.JPG
8. Lady and the Tramp (Scene: The spaghetti scene)
tumblr_n1uoiq7Rys1trmkp7o1_500.gif
9. The Jungle Book (Scene: "I Wanna Be Like You")
jungle-book.jpg
10. Winnie the Pooh (Scene: Pooh is removed from Rabbit's door)
themanyadventuresofwinniethepooh3.jpg
11. The Little Mermaid (Scene: Ariel on the rock/"Part of Your World (Reprise)")
ariel-on-rock1.jpg
12. Beauty and the Beast (Scene: The ballroom dance)
Beauty_and_the_Beast.png
13. Aladdin (Scene: "A Whole New World")
maxresdefault.jpg
14. The Lion King (Scene: "Circle of Life")
Lion-king.jpg
15. Toy Story (Scene: "Buzz, you're flying!" "This isn't flying, this is falling with style!")
toy1.jpg
16. Finding Nemo (Scene: The moonfish scene)
arrow.jpg
17. Frozen (Scene: "Let it Go")
maxresdefault.jpg
18. Fantasia (Scene: The Sorcerer's Apprentice on the mountain, complete with low-level fireworks)
fantasiafantasia2000_photo_09.jpg

Hole 14: The Lion King

This hole is surrounded by lush jungle foliage. Animals of all kinds-elephants, giraffes, gazelles, zebras, monkeys, rhinos, apes, cheetahs and wildebeests--surround the hole. Some animals stand on rocks, some on the ground. At the farthest edge of the hole is Pride Rock. On the rock, we can see Rafiki lifting baby Simba high in the air as Mufasa and Sarabi look on. The hole itself is located right underneath Pride Rock.

If a hole-in-one is achieved, you'll suddenly hear this sound...

Suddenly, the sun seems to rise behind Pride Rock, casting the rock in its glorious golden light. And the animals will proceed to cheer their newborn prince--elephants trumpeting, monkeys jumping and hooting, giraffes bowing, zebras and wildebeests making noises, all that wonderful stuff.

(BTW, forgive my incredibly crappy drawing skills.)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 86

GMR710

Walt Disney's Magical Movie Moment's Mini Golf

Walt-Disney-Screencaps-The-Walt-Disney-Logo-walt-disney-characters-31865565-2560-1440.jpg

Backstory:
While building The Art of Disney Animation Resort the construction workers came upon a large undiscovered meadow. They contacted the Disney Imagineer's and when they saw this lush space they new exactly what they were going to do. Turn it into a mini golf course. The idea was simple they were upset while building the The Art of Disney Animation that they couldn't add a more variety of films to be included into the themes of the buildings. They found the perfect place where they could add much more movie magic and recreate the most iconic scenes from Disney's greatest films. From Steamboat Willie to Frozen and Beyond each hole or scene as they will be called will taking into a special moment of that film. So come join me as we take you through a tour of the movies but leave the popcorn and grab a putter as you are the star of this golf course.

We start our journey at the very beginning at our first scene:

Scene 1: "It all started with a Mouse" Par 2:

Steamboat Willie

cri_73928.jpg

The grass and area around this hole is all set in black and white. In this hole the steamboats back end would be facing where you are putting. The back wheel of the boat would be spinning you goal here either time it right and go right under the boat and sink a hole in one. Or take you chance going around the boat where there will be fountains that periodically shoot water out to block you shot.

Scene 2 "Dancing with the Flowers" Par 3:
Silly Symphonies- Flowers and Trees
2.jpg

This whole like the rest begins the transformation from the black and white to color. In this scene this is another straight hole but we are going to make it a little more challenging for the guests. This time we have three of the meant trees blocking your path sporadically with holes in the trunks so you can with go though or around its up to you. The hole would be like the picture above the hole would be in between the final two trees and the flowers would be on a rotator circling trying to block you path. Music playing would be the music from the cartoon.

Scene 3: "Mining for Diamonds" Par 4:
Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
Seven-Dwarfs-Diamond-Mine-400x250.jpg

For this scene you enter the mine and the inside would look like the image above. The song Hi Ho would be playing in this area of the course. Some blockers would be mine carts, giants gems and or course Dopey. The other dwarves will be there as well scattered and will say catch phrase as you past through the sensors.

Scene 4 "The Belly of the Beast" Par 5:
Pinocchio

In this scene you will enter the whale Monstro in the scene where he swallows Pinocchio and Geppetto. Just be careful to avoid the water traps. You will have to play through the raft as seen above. Be care as you ball could get shot out of the blow hole and you will have to restart you turn over. The music from this scene will be playing. As you escape through the back of the whale the sone as you wish upon a star will be playing.

Scene 5 " Under the Big Top" Par 4:
Dumbo
circus1.png

In the scene you enter a circus tent with the scene above right before Dumbo learns to fly. The clown will be running in the middle trying to block you ball. You goal make it through the house to the hole on the other side. On the opposite side of the house Dumbo is actually flying above as you finish up the whole. The music from this scene will be playing in the tent.

Scene 6 "Learning to Walk"
Bambi

Ok this is the actual hole that inspired the whole theme of this mini golf course. This one I actually have an over head view and layout of the course it self. In this scene you enter a winter forest. As you stand in the putting area you see a straight lane with snow lumps to try and block your path. You want to shoot hard enough because at the end is a hill that you have to get up and over. But the challenge is not over yet. Once you get it over the hill in the middle of the next area will be that of the frozen pond. With Bambi and Thumper spinning in the middle. You will have to try and get around them in order to get you ball in the hole.

Hole%2B6.jpg

Scene 7 "Leaving the Ball" Par 2
Cinderella

The hole is still in the design process but it will incorporate the scene when the clock strikes 12 and Cinderella is on her way back home. Some of the obstacles will be the stairs she runs down, the glass slipper and of course the carriage which by the time yogurt to it has already turned back into a pumpkin.

Scene 8 "Down the Rabbit Hole" Par 4
12.jpg

In this scene you start by shooting you ball out side of the rabbit hole you will follow it and the room will get bigger just like in the move. You will see that you have to get you ball through the door from the film whose mouth is open. Once everyone is through you will open the door to find that you are know in the queen of hearts garden. Where here cards will try and block you path to the final hole. Before you enter you will here the rabbit saying I'm late as each player hits there ball. In the garden scene in the Golden afternoon will be playing.

Scene 9 "Flying over London" Par 4
Peter Pan

6a013481198b41970c017ee4ac4c17970d-pi

In this scene you will start in London with Big Ben chiming after each player hits there ball. The different buildings of London will be the blockers in this stage of the course. You will have to shoot over a bridge whose grass has all stars on it as if you were going to the second star to the right and straight on till morning. Once over the bridge you will be in Neverland but beware Captain Hook is lurking somewhere. I would like for a his ship to be on the side of the part of the course and as people pass it, it will shoot air out of its cannon. The final part will be to shoot your ball into the mouth of the crocodile whose tail will be right over the hole and it will drop in. The song I can fly will be playing through out the hole.

So that is first 9 of the Magical Movie Moments Golf Course below are a list of the back 9. These holes will get progressively harder:
Scene 10 "A Prick of the Finger" Par 3-Sleeping Beauty
Scene 11 " I wanna be just like you" Par 4 - The Jungle Book
Scene 12 "Under the Waves we Roam" Par 5 - The Little Mermaid
Scene 13 "Tale as Old as Time" Par 5 - Beauty and the Beast
Scene 14 "Journey to the Lamp" Par 6 - Aladdin
Scene 15 "Hukuna Matata" Par 5 - The Lion King
Scene 16 "Surfing with Ohana" Par 5 - Lilo and Stitch
Scene 17 "Frozen Finale" Par 5 - Frozen

Scene 18 "One Man's Dream"

This Scene will be a little be different as it will not be related to anyone disney film. This just like many final holes in golf is a basic shot down the middle. The friendship statue will be in the middle with the opening in the bottom for you to put through and a bit behind that will be Cinderella's Castle with the Hole in the middle. If you get a hole in one smoke shots out the back of the castle simulating the fireworks they shot off. The Mickey Mouse club theme song will play and you will get a free game.

MickeyStatue.jpg

I hope you enjoyed your journey through the Disney movies and loved revisiting classic scene. This golf course to me brings all the magic that the other two do. But it has so many more photo ops and you can actually be in the famous scenes in the movies with out sitting in a car, tram, or bus you reach right out and tough the character. I hope you will be joining us soon until then Have a Magical Day.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Here's my scores so far...

@ToInfinityAndBeyond

Creativity: 8/10 I really liked how you took a resort that doesn't get much attention and gave it some love. Nice conceit here, and the pinball dynamic is also really original. Loved how you mixed the two games.

Detail: 9/10 Pretty much told us all we need to know.

Realism: 6.5/10 Here's my concern...I think it might be a little too elaborate, to the point of maybe causing a bit of a bottleneck when it comes to getting all the guests through the hole in a timely manner.

Presentation: 8/10 Love the pictures, it just bothers my OCD when titles aren't bolded.

Total: 31.5/40

@gilm0114

Creativity: 7/10 Outside the box thinking on having the whole course be themed to one ride. Not really sure if the actual design of the course has a ton of unique elements to it.

Detail: 8/10 Pretty much everything's accounted for.

Realism: 7.5/10 It definitely feels like it could play out smoothly. My only issue is that Animal Kingdom Lodge for my knowledge is themed almost entirely around Africa and not Asia.

Presentation: 8/10 Solid formatting and good reference pictures. What program did you use to make the picture of the hole?

Total: 30.5/40

@mickeyfan5534

Creativity: 7/10 Just having a course themed to Disneyland isn't the most outside the box route to take, and I'm also confused as to where it would go. That being said I love what you did with the actual hole. SBC makes perfect sense as the final hole in a course like this, and you added a lot of unique gameplay twists to it.

Detail: 7.5/10 Really well written, except I don't believe you ever actually said where this golf course is being placed...

Realism: 5/10 I really wish you hadn't included the whole thing about the character meet n' greets. Not only is it outside of the requirements of the project, it's by far the thing that left me scratching my head the most. I appreciate that you put in a time table for when the characters would be out, I just thought it was incredibly unneeded.

Also, minor nitpick but your hole is so fun to play through I wonder if people would intentionally throw getting a hole in one on the draw bridge just so they can go and play out the course through the dungeon ;)

Presentation: 7/10 Gets the job done, but a little bare bones in spots.

Total: 26.5/40

@Basketbuddy101

Creativity: 9/10 Perfect emphasis on the character, and I loved how much you talked about the strategy regarding how to get past the traps. All the various effects were unique to mini golf holes yet completely feasible. Great job!

Detail: 8.5/10 Only wish you'd have said a few more words on the rest of the course and where exactly this golf course will be located. Overall a very solid write up with lots of strong prose.

Realism: 8/10 Love everything, but especially with the trap door it might cause a bottleneck on the golf course, or it might even cause people to rage quit the game :p

Presentation: 9/10 Yes, great to have Basketbuddy brand concept art back in the mix! Tiny nitpick but the reason this isn't a ten is because the title isn't bolded.

Total: 34.5/40

@Flippin'Flounder

Creativity: 4/10 It's Marvel...Not a very inspired choice. Just because you COULD go with an IP doesn't mean you should have, especially when Marvel ANYTHING is the speculation of the day when it comes to Armchair Imagineering

Detail: 2/10 Definitely needs A LOT more text. I like how you gave it a pin-pointed location, but there was literally no description of the actual hole itself.

Realism: 5/10 I can't say much about the realism because there's not much here in the first place, so I'll go for the median score.

Presentation: 3/10 The pictures are appreciated, but consider this a learning experience in terms of not relying on them. This project needed A LOT more text to fully convey what you were trying to do.

Total: 14/40

@Brer Panther

Creativity: 7/10 Now here's a man going after my own heart with the Peanuts theme ;) :) This could totally fit right into any sort of "Camp Snoopy" area throughout the Cedar Fair chain.

Detail: 3/10 Unfortunately you got the goal of the project wrong, which was describing a singular hole of golf. I like what you have, but the emphasis should have been on one hole in particular.

Realism: 8/10 The Peanuts would work great for mini golf, and one of the world's biggest theme park chains already has a kids area devoted to them. Kinda writes itself!

Presentation: 6/10 Very good reference photos. Formatting could have used a bit of work (bolding the titles of each hole for example..)

Total: 24/40

@IDInstitute

Creativity: 9/10 I like how the logic you came up with for making this a transition into DAK's transportation area. Good job on giving it its own theme that still tied into the sensibility of DAK. I absolutely love the whole device of "magically" returning your ball, and the funnel effect when you shoot it from this hole.

Detail: 8/10 For what was there, it was absolutely fine.

Realism: 8/10 Not entirely sure how good it would be in terms of space, but I love the double use it has as a transitional area.

Presentation: 8/10 Very solid all the way around. I like the logo and the minimalist style you took with the drawing of the hole.

Total: 33/40

@DisneyManOne

Creativity: 6/10 Again, it's just sorta generic "best of Disney". Not a fan of this kind of format in any capacity (Paint the Night, World of Color, etc.) Just feels like it has too much corporate synergy to it.

Detail: 4/10 Was the Lion King meant to be the main hole you were focusing? I wish you would have made it clearer. And even then there's not a ton there.

Realism: 7/10 I don't know much about the area, but it ties into the resort it's attached to very well at least.

Presentation: 7/10 Good reference photos, and your hand drawing actually is pretty good for me visualizing what you're trying to say. BOLD THE TITLES OF INDIVIDUAL COURSES, people! :p

Total: 24/40

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
@TheOriginalTiki mine has been posted since 2 it keeps saying at the top waiting on a moderators approval

I have no idea what the solution would be to something like that then, but if you can't figure it out maybe try copy and pasting it and sending it to me in a conversation? At any rate I'll make sure you have some extra time to get it up.

GMR710

Walt Disney's Magical Movie Moment's Mini Golf

Walt-Disney-Screencaps-The-Walt-Disney-Logo-walt-disney-characters-31865565-2560-1440.jpg

Backstory:
While building The Art of Disney Animation Resort the construction workers came upon a large undiscovered meadow. They contacted the Disney Imagineer's and when they saw this lush space they new exactly what they were going to do. Turn it into a mini golf course. The idea was simple they were upset while building the The Art of Disney Animation that they couldn't add a more variety of films to be included into the themes of the buildings. They found the perfect place where they could add much more movie magic and recreate the most iconic scenes from Disney's greatest films. From Steamboat Willie to Frozen and Beyond each hole or scene as they will be called will taking into a special moment of that film. So come join me as we take you through a tour of the movies but leave the popcorn and grab a putter as you are the star of this golf course.

We start our journey at the very beginning at our first scene:
Scene 1: "It all started with a Mouse" Par 2:
Steamboat Willie

cri_73928.jpg

The grass and area around this hole is all set in black and white. In this hole the steamboats back end would be facing where you are putting. The back wheel of the boat would be spinning you goal here either time it right and go right under the boat and sink a hole in one. Or take you chance going around the boat where there will be fountains that periodically shoot water out to block you shot.

Scene 2 "Dancing with the Flowers" Par 3:
Silly Symphonies- Flowers and Trees
2.jpg

This whole like the rest begins the transformation from the black and white to color. In this scene this is another straight hole but we are going to make it a little more challenging for the guests. This time we have three of the meant trees blocking your path sporadically with holes in the trunks so you can with go though or around its up to you. The hole would be like the picture above the hole would be in between the final two trees and the flowers would be on a rotator circling trying to block you path. Music playing would be the music from the cartoon.

Scene 3: "Mining for Diamonds" Par 4:
Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
Seven-Dwarfs-Diamond-Mine-400x250.jpg

For this scene you enter the mine and the inside would look like the image above. The song Hi Ho would be playing in this area of the course. Some blockers would be mine carts, giants gems and or course Dopey. The other dwarves will be there as well scattered and will say catch phrase as you past through the sensors.

Scene 4 "The Belly of the Beast" Par 5:
Pinocchio

In this scene you will enter the whale Monstro in the scene where he swallows Pinocchio and Geppetto. Just be careful to avoid the water traps. You will have to play through the raft as seen above. Be care as you ball could get shot out of the blow hole and you will have to restart you turn over. The music from this scene will be playing. As you escape through the back of the whale the sone as you wish upon a star will be playing.

Scene 5 " Under the Big Top" Par 4:
Dumbo
circus1.png

In the scene you enter a circus tent with the scene above right before Dumbo learns to fly. The clown will be running in the middle trying to block you ball. You goal make it through the house to the hole on the other side. On the opposite side of the house Dumbo is actually flying above as you finish up the whole. The music from this scene will be playing in the tent.

Scene 6 "Learning to Walk"
Bambi
Ok this is the actual hole that inspired the whole theme of this mini golf course. This one I actually have an over head view and layout of the course it self. In this scene you enter a winter forest. As you stand in the putting area you see a straight lane with snow lumps to try and block your path. You want to shoot hard enough because at the end is a hill that you have to get up and over. But the challenge is not over yet. Once you get it over the hill in the middle of the next area will be that of the frozen pond. With Bambi and Thumper spinning in the middle. You will have to try and get around them in order to get you ball in the hole.

Hole%2B6.jpg

Scene 7 "Leaving the Ball" Par 2
Cinderella

The hole is still in the design process but it will incorporate the scene when the clock strikes 12 and Cinderella is on her way back home. Some of the obstacles will be the stairs she runs down, the glass slipper and of course the carriage which by the time yogurt to it has already turned back into a pumpkin.

Scene 8 "Down the Rabbit Hole" Par 4
12.jpg

In this scene you start by shooting you ball out side of the rabbit hole you will follow it and the room will get bigger just like in the move. You will see that you have to get you ball through the door **** from the film whose mouth is open. Once everyone is through you will open the door to find that you are know in the queen of hearts garden. Where here cards will try and block you path to the final hole. Before you enter you will here the rabbit saying I'm late as each player hits there ball. In the garden scene in the Golden afternoon will be playing.

Scene 9 "Flying over London" Par 4
Peter Pan

6a013481198b41970c017ee4ac4c17970d-pi

In this scene you will start in London with Big Ben chiming after each player hits there ball. The different buildings of London will be the blockers in this stage of the course. You will have to shoot over a bridge whose grass has all stars on it as if you were going to the second star to the right and straight on till morning. Once over the bridge you will be in Neverland but beware Captain Hook is lurking somewhere. I would like for a his ship to be on the side of the part of the course and as people pass it, it will shoot air out of its cannon. The final part will be to shoot your ball into the mouth of the crocodile whose tail will be right over the hole and it will drop in. The song I can fly will be playing through out the hole.

So that is first 9 of the Magical Movie Moments Golf Course below are a list of the back 9. These holes will get progressively harder:
Scene 10 "A Prick of the Finger" Par 3-Sleeping Beauty
Scene 11 " I wanna be just like you" Par 4 - The Jungle Book
Scene 12 "Under the Waves we Roam" Par 5 - The Little Mermaid
Scene 13 "Tale as Old as Time" Par 5 - Beauty and the Beast
Scene 14 "Journey to the Lamp" Par 6 - Aladdin
Scene 15 "Hukuna Matata" Par 5 - The Lion King
Scene 16 "Surfing with Ohana" Par 5 - Lilo and Stitch
Scene 17 "Frozen Finale" Par 5 - Frozen

Scene 18 "One Man's Dream"

This Scene will be a little be different as it will not be related to anyone disney film. This just like many final holes in golf is a basic shot down the middle. The friendship statue will be in the middle with the opening in the bottom for you to put through and a bit behind that will be Cinderella's Castle with the Hole in the middle. If you get a hole in one smoke shots out the back of the castle simulating the fireworks they shot off. The Mickey Mouse club theme song will play and you will get a free game.

MickeyStatue.jpg

I hope you enjoyed your journey through the Disney movies and loved revisiting classic scene. This golf course to me brings all the magic that the other two do. But it has so many more photo ops and you can actually be in the famous scenes in the movies with out sitting in a car, tram, or bus you reach right out and tough the character. I hope you will be joining us soon until then Have a Magical Day.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
There we go! :)

@brinneydee
@brb1006
@DisneyPrincess1993

You now have 30 minutes to submit your projects. Brinneydee hasn't been seen since this Tuesday, while both Princess and BRB were online yesterday, so I'm hoping we see something surface from at least one of them. Of course Princess has other commitments on her plate as well and I'm still not entirely sure if she officially said yes to signing up :p

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Here's my scores for @GMR710

Creativity: 6/10 (It's the same "best of Disney" theme we've seen done before...)
Detail: 6/10 (This kinda sucks. I would have given you like an 8 or 9 had you put this much detail into a singular course like the project said. What you had was really spot on, it just wasn't exactly what we were asking for...)
Realism: 8/10 Not much here makes me question if this wouldn't belong in the real world, so good job on that end.
Presentation: 7.5/10 Good reference photos but BOLD YOUR HEADINGS, PEOPLE :p

Total: 27.5/40
This makes my rankings add up to the following...

1. @Basketbuddy101 (34.5/40)
2. @IDInstitute (33/40)
3. @ToInfinityAndBeyond (31.5/40)
4. @gilm0114 (30.5/40)
5. @GMR710 (27.5/40)
6. @mickeyfan5534 (26.5/40)
7. (tie) @Brer Panther (24/40)
7.(tie) @DisneyManOne (24/40)
9. @Flippin'Flounder (14/40)

Did Not Submit:

12. (tie) @brinneydee
12. (tie) @DisneyPrincess1993
12. (tie) @brb1006

Now that the time is up for submitting projects for ranking, @JokersWild and @Sam4D23 will have two hours to submit their scores on this thread. We'll then combine our three scores for the combined scores for everyone out of a possible 120 points. The Head of Household will immediately be crowned and will have to name two players for eviction within twelve hours. If they fail to do so, the second place finisher of this HoH comp will carry out that responsibility and the first HoH will be dethroned.

Last edited:

JokersWild

@ToInfinityAndBeyond - Pinball Classic
This is an incredibly interesting proposal. Speaking generally about your pinball complex, I'd like to ask where exactly this is located? I know that's not a requirement of the project, and in no way has it effected your score on my end, but I'm curious. You mentioned the course being Pop Century-Esque, but is it located at Pop Century? Nonetheless, this is an incredible concept for a golf course, and one that I'm surprised I haven't seen before.

ONTO THE HOLE. Your hole is presented in great detail - the art really gives me a great sense of how your hole will be played - however the mechanics of your hole are concerning. I fear that you went WAY too complicated. While the idea of mixing pinball and mini golf is an incredible, and obvious, in hindsight, I feel that you might have focused too much on the pinball side of your hole rather than the mini golf side of it. Just the fact that your hole could take a good amount of time to complete worries me, as I feel it could really mess with the traffic flow on the course. The bumpers, while interesting, could have been used in a different way. Same with the flippers. Perhaps part of the hole could have been under glass, requiring you to use flippers rather than your putter and deal with a few bumpers and other pinball hazards. It wouldn't have quite looked like a pinball machine, but it might have had a better flow, and been less complicated.

This is an unbelievably intriguing idea; I just worry that you might have gone a little bit too far out on it.
Creativity - 9/10: Your hole is incredibly imaginative, and it's gimmicks were very interesting.
Detail - 8/10: I feel that there were a few things in the mechanics of your hole that could have been explained a bit better.
Realism - 5/10: While this is interesting in theory, I feel that it wouldn't have quite the impact it does on paper if actually built.
Presentation - 7/10: Presentation was fine. Art really showed off the hole rather well.
Total - 29/40

@gilm0114 - The Yeti's Challenge
Great proposal. Adding a mini golf course to the Animal Kingdom Lodge is a great concept, as you could go in a ton of different directions. However, I feel as though you've missed an opportunity in theming this to an attraction featured in Animal Kingdom, the theme park. While a mini golf course up Everest is a great idea, it's not terribly original for where it was built. I'm also confused about what this complex would look like. I don't know if I missed you explaining this, but how would we progress through the course? Would the complex actually be a mountain that we climb up? Is it indoors?

My only real concern with this is that you added obstacles for the course. While an adventure golf course is a novel concept, I feel as though this course would alienate families with small children. Though the obstacles are optional, why would you pay for it if you can't have the full experience. Then there's the problem of always having a putter on you. Would we have to carry our putter up the rock walls? The concept is incredible, I'm just not sure how it would work at a mini gold course.

Your hole looked fine. I liked how your course told a story, and the Indian Temple is definitely a great starting point. I don't really have a ton to say about your hole. It looked nice, looked like it would work fine, and set up the story rather nicely.
Creativity - 8/10: The concept is great. I really love the idea of the obstacles. I'm just iffy on the execution.
Detail - 7/10: Detail was fine. There are a few things that could have been explained better.
Realism - 3/10: This is where you lost me. The concept is great, but I don't think it would work in a min golf course. There are a ton of logistical things you need to consider with a concept like this. It's incredible on paper, just not necessarily in execution.
Presentation - 7/10: Pictures presented a great idea of what your course would look like. Presentation was easy to follow.
Total - 25/40

@mickeyfan5534 - The Disneyland Diamond
First off great name. I'm not entirely sure if it sounds like a mini golf course, but "The Disneyland Diamond" has a nice ring to it nonetheless.

You did a very interesting thing with this course, and I'm not sure how I feel about it: you added meet and greets. While the concept of a mini golf course around Disneyland is rather boring, bringing meet and greets into the mix is certainly an interesting choice. I'm not sure it works. As I've mentioned in other reviews, adding experiences to a mini golf course might not work. Perhaps if they were static figures or cutouts, it would work fine, but I'm not sure that having a steady stream of costumed characters on a mini golf course that isn't guaranteed to generate a crowd is feasible. It's certainly an interesting idea, I'm just not sure of the logistics of it.

The story was fine. I had no problems with it. It was certainly interesting, and played into the Diamond Celebration rather well.

To be honest, I was confused by your hole. How exactly does it work? You mention rooms and a drawbridge, but how do we get into these rooms? How do they connect? What is the layout of your hole? Sleeping Beauty's Castle is a great place to have an 18th hole, but I wish you told us more.
Creativity - 7/10: mini golfing around Disneyland isn't the most unique idea, but you presented it rather well. The meet and greets were also a very original idea for a mini golf course, logistics aside.
Detail - 5/10: I need more. I don't know how your hole works. I know that it looks nice, and that it should be able to work, but I have zero clue how to get from point A to point B. Unless I'm missing something.
Realism - 6/10: Certainly not too unrealistic. It was the meet and greets that brought it down for me.
Presentation - 6/10: You needed something to show me how you hole worked. The project was easy to read, but you needed some sort of picture representation.
Total - 24/40

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next group of three is on its way. Great jobs all around, guys!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom