Nighttime At The Resorts

Iris

There's something special about a Disney resort at night. There's a certain "buzz" in the air between the time people have returned from the parks and the time they retire to their rooms.

People browsing at the gift shop near closing time....The restaurant/food court as people are talking about the highlights of their day.... The atmosphere at the pool with people just relaxing or taking a late-night swim

What resorts do you enjoy for nighttime atmosphere?

CBug88

Although all Disney Resorts seem to have a certain 'buzz' about them, my favorite, hands down, is Animal Kingdom Lodge. I love getting up early in the morning, working out, going for a swim and taking a walk to look at all of the animals right before the rush of the day. It is so nice to have some 'peaceful' down time before the mad-rush in the theme parks.

I also love the smell of the AKL when you first walk in from the car port. It reminds me that "I'm home" and in the magic of Disney.:p 37 days!

Upvote 0

jtwyatt

For me it is the Poly....I love the tiki torches, the smell of the plants, the music playing softly in the background....I also think the Great Ceremonial House at night is just awsome too...especially the smell

Upvote 0

SchultzFamily

For us, it is a stroll around the courtyards of the Casitas section with the lights reflecting off the fountains or sitting in one of the hammocks watching the lights off the lake or the stars in the sky at the Coronado, our home away from home.

Upvote 0

durangojim

WL at night is wonderful, especially with the cricket sounds they pipe in. Equally wonderful is the GF at night. There have been a number of times when my wife and I have gone out on the 2nd floor balcony off the lobby and shared a dance while the band played in the background, or gone down to the beach after dark to enjoy some romantic time looking across the lagoon to the MK or watching the light pagent.

Upvote 0

BRER DAD

Since someone mentioned late-night swims, this question came to mind...

Do the resort pools have hours? Do they close at night?

We have gone in swimming late at night. The only thing I remember was there was no lifeguard. Dont know the rules on that one, but then again I have used a Allstar Sports cup at Pop before!!!!!! LOL :lol:

Upvote 0

KnK

Wilderness Lodge....

You come "home" (I really feel at home there) from the EMH in the MK at 2.00 AM and the giant, breathtaking and unique lobby is nearly empty, the water of the silver creek spring bubbles, the fire in the Grand Canyon Fireplace crackles and you just sit down and embrace the atmosphere, the warm glow of light reflected by the timber and you recall the many, many experiences of the day before you walk to your room...it's magic.

You said it brother! Very magical ending to your day.

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

My favorite is WL. I could sit there for hours and relax on a bench late into the night. We have toured many of the hotels on property to check out the night atmosphere and I feel they all have something equally special. I would give anything to be at one, not picky, right now. :animwink:

Upvote 0
Equally wonderful is the GF at night. There have been a number of times when my wife and I have gone out on the 2nd floor balcony off the lobby and shared a dance while the band played in the background
That is so sweet i have tears in my eyes. Were going on our first trip alone together in November and i really hope we can share a moment like this.

As for the original post....Poly at night is wonderful. No one has mentioned the smell there....It reminds me that im home. Also the boardwalk, walking back from epcot after Illuminations is such a magical experience. The store fronts all lit up, being surrounded by the lake and the other resorts... and all along the way there is usually performers putting on a show....I am so "homesick" :cry:
boardwalk1.jpg

Upvote 0

masonp

We have gone in swimming late at night. The only thing I remember was there was no lifeguard. Dont know the rules on that one, but then again I have used a Allstar Sports cup at Pop before!!!!!! LOL :lol:

The lifeguards go off duty @ 10pm, you can swim all night if you wish to

Upvote 0

donvincenzo

While I'll bet the deluxes are much better at night, I have never had the privilege of staying at one (only to eat), so we usually end up staying at POFQ and it's nice after a day in the parks to come back at night and walk in the lobby and the jazz guy is right there playing music and you can sit in the little lounge and relax. It's nice...

Upvote 0

Edisto Pluto

Just reading through the night experiences reminds me of the stroll we take after the park closes from EPCOT back to the BC along the canal, the lights, the music, the smells .....everthing seems relaxed and soothing. It is almost like a gentle lift back for the night.

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

All resorts look nice with lit up walkways shining on lush landscaping and well managed grounds. I love the pools, the piped in music and the relaxedfeeling of a late night swim!:) 28 days to go!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom