Nightmare Before Xmas ride rumor

Lee

Adventurer
mousermerf said:
Midway Mania was slated for the Millionaire building according to Marcie - so what's the deal?
Good catch! I had a mental glitch for a moment.
MM has moved around quite a bit before it's even built.:lol:
All three have been in the running at one time or another. Kinda just shows how much available space there is at the Studios.

Marcie is correct, as far as I know. The current location looked at appears to be Millionaire...before that the Hunchback theatre...and before that ( I heard) the SD/SSTV building.

:brick:

tirian

Lee said:
Yeah...that is one of two attractions I had heard were being considered for the Sounds Dangerous/Superstar TV building. (The other was the Midway Mania ride which now looks more likely for the ToyBarn/Hunchback area.)

I have no idea of it's current status. At one time I had been told that work could begin in that location, on one project or another, as early as Spring of this year. That obviously didn't happen, though.:rolleyes:

That is exactly the rumor that was floating around in my department last November/December. Although we couldn't say anything, we were really looking forward to it... Oh, well...

Right before the Pixar deal, there were no E-tickets being seriously considered; that has recently changed.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The latest information I have is that there are currently 3 locations in the mix for the next Eride:

- ABC Theatre/Sounds Dangerous area
- The Millionaire Soundstages
- The Hunchback/Toy Barn area

Locations and concepts are jumping around constantly. Timeframe is within 4 years to open.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
From a "how do we build it.." standpoint...

The Toy Barn gets people into that part of the park. I really needs traffic flow. The others? Not so much.

However, The ABC/Sounds area is really poor looking and people don't like what's offered. So, tearing it down and rebuilding would be an upgrade whereas the other two areas really aren't any sort of detriment and could stay the same or closed.

But, Millionare is fading and both it and the Toy Barn are easily accessible from outside the main park area. To do the ABS/Sounds area would have major impacts on in-park traffic.

This has been a merf logistics analysis :)

Epcot82Guy

I like the NBC Idea. I would love to see a post show that showcases stop-motion animation and how it works. COuld be a great way to tie this into the stuidos as a whole.

I also like the system of Midway Mania although the story doens;t fit (but it sounds like the Midway Mania is going to DCA, not MGM). I agree that Midway belongs better with the Toy Barn while NBC could take ABC. However, any combination would work.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
The idea is build both DCA and MGM's Midway Mania at roughly the same time, but MGM's will open first. This, i assume, would put MGM with R&D budget burden rather than DCA.

mkepcotmgmak

I am not a fan of The Nightmare Before Christmas, but this ride idea sounds very neat/interesting... Thanks for the post! Maybe it will actually happen, and MGM will have it's own Movie Haunted House... :)

T-1MILLION

I would love to see this go through..esp if it was anything close to that concept art. I love the waterfountain idea.

I think this would be a good way for the parks good get another good dark ride, not to mention a good darkride at the stuidios. I think that is what MGM needs. one that is meant for this family but with some more morbid humor and frights than Haunted Mansion has. I also like this idea cause it stops the Haunted Mansion holidays from comming. I do not think I would be a big fan of that. But an NBC ride on its own could rock.

I would also love to see that post show idea of Stop Motion animation..Great idea!
They already have two of the original oggie boogie puppets.
Millionare would be my choice of place.
I could see this happening if Burton was involved deeply and approved every bit of deatail. I think it could be done.
:sohappy:

-Preston

CThaddeus

Crazy Harry said:
Only if they add a hidden Drew Carey in it.
:)

I Wonder if they still have the one from Superstar Limo?

It's still around, but it's being used in the Monsters, Inc. attraction now in Superstar Limo's former home. Of course, it doesn't look like Drew Carey anymore. It's now disguised as one of the Hazmat Men. It even still does the fanning action with its hand like it did before, but instead of fanning out maps to the stars homes, it fans out "have you seen this girl" flyers.

Brer Greg

I agree with you the Nightmare would help bring people into the park. I would hate to think that they would have to take the haunted Mansion down to put the Nightmare stuff. So it would be nice to have both of them running at the same time without losing out on one or the other..

dxwwf3

wdwmagic said:
The latest information I have is that there are currently 3 locations in the mix for the next Eride:

- ABC Theatre/Sounds Dangerous area
- The Millionaire Soundstages
- The Hunchback/Toy Barn area

I hope that all 3 of these locations see changes in the distant and not-too-distant future. I think that merf is right and that the Toy Barn area could really help out Star Tours and Muppet Vision 3D. And I would love to see a huge ride come to the Millionare soundstages sometime. As far as the ABC Theatre goes, I would just like to see something permanent go in that area. And if it takes Sounds Dangerous with it, that's fine too.

T-1MILLION

CThaddeus said:
It's still around, but it's being used in the Monsters, Inc. attraction now in Superstar Limo's former home. Of course, it doesn't look like Drew Carey anymore. It's now disguised as one of the Hazmat Men. It even still does the fanning action with its hand like it did before, but instead of fanning out maps to the stars homes, it fans out "have you seen this girl" flyers.

That is hillarious to ME! I imagine a Drew Carey monster. :lol: :lol: :lol:

raven

I've agreed with this for quite some time. MGM still needs more attractions. I know there isn't as much room as the other parks to add a lot but they need to keep future rides like these (Monsters Inc, Incredibles, NBC, etc.) in a MOVIE park. Not only do they fit better in MGM but it will make the park into a full-day event rather than a half-day that it has become to so many of us. Just my honest opinion.

SirGoofy

Sounds like a great idea. The Studios needs more rides that the family can enjoy together. Maybe this and Midway Madness, if these two come true, can help alieviate the problem.

Blue-Lightning

Account Suspended
Sorry, but I called up some friends of mine who are in the know about MGM studios who happen to work over in the Team Disney building (and you know what that means) and...

... while Millionaire and Sounds Dangerous are going to be replaced, the rumors here are bogus.

BL

Sounds good to me. They need another ride there.

Blue-Lightning said:
Sorry, but I called up some friends of mine who are in the know about MGM studios who happen to work over in the Team Disney building (and you know what that means) and...

... while Millionaire and Sounds Dangerous are going to be replaced, the rumors here are bogus.

BL

Lots of depts. are in the Team Disney building (if you know what that means)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom