Nightmare Before Xmas ride rumor

Skippy

I thought having the rights was not an issue. And the reason for HMH not being in florida had more to do with the audience the park has. In California, a good amount of the visitors are from the area, meaning HMH is a great way to get guests back around christmas. In Florida, however, guests come from all over the US, and the world. I don't think that changing the haunted mansion during winter will cause families to come to the parks again, possibly change times in a few cases, but not as a trip they wouldn't have taken otherwise. One thing i could see are guests complaining about not being able to ride the classic attraction, because they don't make it down that often.

Anyways. I thought that was why wdw doesn't have hmh, and also why I believe a full ride would be a better idea.

The Quest! said:
yea i saw 3-d chicken little...it was pretty awesome, but it didnt seem like it was full blown 3-d (i know, but i cant really explain it)

The 3D on Chicken Little was simply to give the scenes and characters depth. The misconception was that it was gonna be like the 3D effects shows at the parks with the characters popping off the screen. I thought it was excellent, my friends were not impressed cause they went in thinking things would be right in their face.

1disneydood

If it is true that Burton is the reason keeping HMH out of Florida, why should we think that an entire ride will be built? I know Eisner is gone, but Burton is still as wacked out as ever. His movies are great, but that guy isn't all there. :lol:

MissK

T-1MILLION said:
Right on!...I love Elfman and he would have to do this...
I am also a oingo boingo fan...but thats another story..ha

Yeah an original score would be cool...I still love the post show idea for a nightmare Before Chistmas ride...I think that it would be cool to have different parts showing the music and other work of awesome stop motion animation that goes into it all! It would show how much cooler things like that can be rather than CGI from Pixar all the time..which in my hummble opinion gets old really fast.

Yay Oingo Boingo! People are always shocked I'm a fan, I guess cause I'm "young" (although I'll be 27!)

I also agree, IF a ride was ever going to be made that it drops you off to see how stop motion animation works. I love CGI and Pixar and how cool they can be (DORY!) but stop motion is just COOL. All that painstainking work and dedication...I think if people saw just how much goes into making it they would appreciate it more. A TNBC ride would be perfect for showing that.

Plus, I have a crush on Jack.

T-1MILLION

Being 17 and a huge oigno boingo fan we know it does not take age to appreciate good music right? haha.:D

Yeah. I find Stop motion to have more depth than CGI at times. It is a cool creative way to express Tim's vision and I think that it would not have worked any other way. That and it was sort of a take on the classic christmas specials in clay.

I told a theme park friend about the possibilities and they thought it would be awkward having a all year ride themed to halloween and Christmas. But I think the ride could feature all main holidays like the one from the movie. Maybe a quick crash course through each one.

I was playing imagineer in my mind last night and thinking how cool it could be if you had seasonal smells in each section!

About the burton thing, I think I have to understand his views on being concerned with rights. He has his vision and wants to be careful who takes it and what they do with it. Just my opinion:cool:

-Preston

T-1MILLION

I was thinking more along the lines for the Fourth maybe BBQ and gun powder sents. Lets leave those "personal experiances" at home....kidding:D

-Preston

yensidtlaw1969

1disneydood said:
His movies are great, but that guy isn't all there. :lol:
IMHO, he's more there than most people -- then again, I guess that depends on your definition of 'there", doesn't it? He expresses things in bizarre ways which gives him an edge, but everything he makes is beautiful, mysterious, compelling and utterly fantastic. My favorite director and among my favorite visionaries.

Yensid "Ofcourse Walt, Jim Henson, Jules Verne, and Da Vinci are all up there among my favorite visionaries :D " tlaw1969

MiklCraw4d

dxwwf3 said:
I hope that all 3 of these locations see changes in the distant and not-too-distant future. I think that merf is right and that the Toy Barn area could really help out Star Tours and Muppet Vision 3D. And I would love to see a huge ride come to the Millionare soundstages sometime. As far as the ABC Theatre goes, I would just like to see something permanent go in that area. And if it takes Sounds Dangerous with it, that's fine too.

I still wish quixotically that the Toy Barn expansion pad would be used for its original purpose and that the Muppet Studios area would evolve into a cohesive whole.

My problem with the current MGM expansion rumors (Midway Madness, Monsters Inc, NBC, etc) is that there is no real thematic reason for any of them to exist where they're being placed. MGM needs to evolve some thematic 'lands' in the backlot area instead of just placing attractions at random. They had the right idea back in the day, with the additions of Muppet Studios and MGM's Toontown but now it just seems that things are being added at random wherever there is empty space.

I think the entire Sound/Superstar TV building should be bulldozed as traffic flow in that area is strange. The park's early layout has not fared well with the subsequent expansions and I think they should rethink guest flow in many areas...

michael

DivineMadness7

MiklCraw4d said:
I still wish quixotically that the Toy Barn expansion pad would be used for its original purpose and that the Muppet Studios area would evolve into a cohesive whole.

I would have to 2nd that.... :brick:

and here's to wishful thinking.... :cry:

spies13

I think we can file this ride under never gonna happen. It makes too much sense. If only The Nightmare Before Christmas, Bald Mountain, and the Legend of Sleepy Hollow Rides would ever come out....but disney isn't interested in it. Oh well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom