Nightmare Before Xmas ride rumor

Magicot

Original Poster
*Now, I know that there are plenty of Jim Hill bashers on these boards, so if you happen to be one of them, please keep this thread as pleasent as possible. Thank you.*

There's a new rumor on Jim's site of a 'Nightmare Before Christmas' dark ride that might take the place of Sounds Dangerous in MGM. He also mentions a TNBC Halloween event in the same park- but that has been mentioned before. Do you think that this dark ride would work well in MGM or should it be in another park? I personally feel that this would be a great addition to a park that is currently in need of something new and different.

*Remember, this is just a rumor, noone's stating it as fact.*

A TNBC ride would be AWESOME! the holiday overlay at the HM in DL has been very sucessful, but it really should just have its own ride. it would be perfect for MGM since thats where they sell a lot of the movie's merch anyway. and unlike wdw more recent additions, it wouldnt need to be a thrill ride, so i think its an excellent idea. i know its jim hill though, and a rumor is always just a rumor anyway regardless of who it came from, so i wont get too excited, but i will hold out hope!

shoppingnut

This would be a great addition to MGM. They need more things like that which can stay open during EMH's at night. So much is closed there are night because they are shows, so it hardly seems worth going for EMH. The same is true for AK.

Jerm

PhilharMagician said:
Wow, I thought WDC was having rights issues with Tim Burton on the TTNBC. This would be a quite the turn around.

This is one of those bad rumors, WDC owns NBC. Tim has some control but nothing that would stop them from doing anything they wanted. From what I know anytime they have done something "because of Tim" it is more just to keep him in the good side of the company. But with his last movie not doing half of what was expected I am guessing he is more then happy to work with Disney on anything they need. Plus with them rereleasing NBC in 3D this year he will be more then happy to do anything Disney wants.

J

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The logic he uses to support his theory seems pretty sound.

As usual I'll believe it when I see it or Lee and Corrus confirm it.:D

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I have seen some art of a NBC dark ride proposal a while ago - so it`s certainly been thought about for quite a while.

Jerm said:
This is one of those bad rumors, WDC owns NBC. Tim has some control but nothing that would stop them from doing anything they wanted. From what I know anytime they have done something "because of Tim" it is more just to keep him in the good side of the company. But with his last movie not doing half of what was expected I am guessing he is more then happy to work with Disney on anything they need. Plus with them rereleasing NBC in 3D this year he will be more then happy to do anything Disney wants.

J

THEY ARE RERELEASING IT IN 3-D?!!!

P0PC0RN

From what I've been told, the project is not greenlite, but one new person with a significant amount of power is pushing for it and is very likely to happen, but at best not until late '07 to be completed.

Lee

Adventurer
Yeah...that is one of two attractions I had heard were being considered for the Sounds Dangerous/Superstar TV building. (The other was the Midway Mania ride which now looks more likely for the ToyBarn/Hunchback area.)

I have no idea of it's current status. At one time I had been told that work could begin in that location, on one project or another, as early as Spring of this year. That obviously didn't happen, though.:rolleyes:

With everyone refering to "The Nightmare Before Christmas" as "NBC" I was getting hopelessly confused.

When it was said that WDC owns NBC...I stopped and had to read the line a few times...the whole time thinking, Disney owns ABC, not NBC.

Finally, it hit me Nightmare Before Christmas....

Then I started laughing at how ridiculous I was...and all of my coworkers had to check to see why the fat guy was laughing so much...

sorry, just had to talk about how dumb I feel...

Back to the thread.

cnfdrate1 said:
With everyone refering to "The Nightmare Before Christmas" as "NBC" I was getting hopelessly confused.

When it was said that WDC owns NBC...I stopped and had to read the line a few times...the whole time thinking, Disney owns ABC, not NBC.

Finally, it hit me Nightmare Before Christmas....

Then I started laughing at how ridiculous I was...and all of my coworkers had to check to see why the fat guy was laughing so much...

sorry, just had to talk about how dumb I feel...

Back to the thread.

ure not alone i did the same thing. im not very good with acronyms.

...anway so i did some research and read about how they are putting TNBC in 3-D like they did with chicken little. since TNBC was not filmed in 3-D where as chicken little was a computer animation which could probably be easily converted, i would imagine TNBC to be tricky? did anyone see the 3-D chicken little? did it look good? i havent even seen the movie at all, perhaps i should do that....

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Lee said:
Yeah...that is one of two attractions I had heard were being considered for the Sounds Dangerous/Superstar TV building. (The other was the Midway Mania ride which now looks more likely for the ToyBarn/Hunchback area.)

I have no idea of it's current status. At one time I had been told that work could begin in that location, on one project or another, as early as Spring of this year. That obviously didn't happen, though.:rolleyes:

Midway Mania was slated for the Millionaire building according to Marcie - so what's the deal?

kcnole

There's probably several ideas being tossed around and I doubt anything is in concrete yet. While I love MGM and have a great time when I'm there, it does need some more family friendly attractions and I would love to see two of them come into MGM soon. I'm getting where I can't ride the thrill rides so RnRC and ToT are possibly going to be out of my league before too much longer and Star Tours makes me sick. So there's not much in the way of rides left aside from those. I'd love two dark rides. I'm not too sold on the midway ride as I don't see a need for another buzz type ride. Maybe it would be completely different. I'd love to see this ride we're discussing and possibly the Monster's Inc ride from DCA which looks rather cute. I'd just want to see it plussed a bit.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Here`s what I do know regarding one proposal;

a proper `dark ride`

11 show scenes (some very large)

a Peter Pans Flight style ride system - with some Pan style multiple circuits of different parts of the same scene (like Pans London for example)

At least on exterior treatment was of a spooky forest.

Very surreal, very Burton, and very detailed.

yensidtlaw1969

marni1971 said:
Here`s what I do know regarding one proposal;

a proper `dark ride`

11 show scenes (some very large)

a Peter Pans Flight style ride system - with some Pan style multiple circuits of different parts of the same scene (like Pans London for example)

At least on exterior treatment was of a spooky forest.

Very surreal, very Burton, and very detailed.
Like these Drawings?:

http://www.christophermerritt.com/MapsNightmare.html

:wave:

Yensid "I saw a drawing for an exterior somewhere, however, it was for DL" tlaw1969

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom