Night Rides

RiversideBunny

It doesn't sound really logical since you're inside the building anyway, but I think the Haunted Mansion is spookier at night.
It seems more in its element at night.

:cool:

tirian

Tower of Terror
BTMRR
Astro Orbitor...actually, it freaks me out at night!
Mad Tea Party
PotC
Splash Mt.

frankd1962

I'm really afraid of heights and Astro Orbiter scared me out of my mind when I rode it at night in 2000. Will never go on it again. :eek:

the-reason14

Space Mountain :lookaroun

I think Tower of Terror is nice at night, gets me more into the story of checking into a hotel and its more deserted.

I know this aint a ride/attraction, but I like Tomorrowland alot at night, its feels really nice walking through to get to Space and seeing a majority of the people making their way toward main street for the parade or fireworks.

Tom Morrow

Id have to say that any ride with any part that is outside is better at night.

Examples:

Test Track - Feels faster at night
Splash Mountain - Usually doesn't have a line at night, and the whole atmosphere is enhanced at night.
Big Thunder - Also feels faster at night, and parts of the ride seem almost creepy
Jungle Cruise - When you can't see as much, the ride feels much more like an "adventure". Also, the CMs usually deviate from the script and interact with you more at night.
Tower of Terror - At night, the drop shaft stays dark, so it makes it more intense since its much harder to tell how high you are at any given moment, and more of the lighting effects in the drop shaft are visable. Also, like Haunted Mansion, its naturally better at night since it takes place at night.

DFD111

I am disappointed no one has mentioned these so I am going to add them.

Monorail (Front Cab) - Very hard to do, but fun.

TTA - The park takes on a whole new look and feel from there at night.

PeoplemoverTTA

#1 - TTA....I have to ride this at least once at night each trip.

#2 Splash

#3 Tower of Terror

#4 Haunted Mansion...I agree, there's just something about riding it at night :)

Kuhio

TTA = Tomorrowland Transit Authority, formerly known as the WEDway PeopleMover.

Tomorrowland is completely different at night -- it becomes much more dynamic and colorful, IMO. And riding the MK's Astro Orbiter at night is a blast, with all the spinning planets "flying past."

themarchhare

Splash, Jungle Cruise,and Astro Orbiter (get in line a little bit before Wishes and enjoy the magic) are always night rides (we generally only do them at night, actually).

a2grafix

Tower of Terror and Expedition Everest.

Everest is awesome in the dark during extra magic hours. It's completely dark and the only light is what Disney wants you to see.

Disneyfanman

We love BTMR at night! We always end our day there for the last 20 or 30 minutes and ride over and over! Just like we used to do as teens back in the 70's at Six Flags! My daughter (who IS a teen!) likes to catch it while the fireworks are going. She says it's magical!

qandk

I always thoight that the Safari closed a couple of hours before dark, so that can get the animals situated.

I read a review about animal kingdom at night (i think it was this site :O ) and i very much remember it saying "Try the Kilimanjaro Safari in the morning AND at night! It's totally different experience!"

Maybe you need that magic hours thing?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom