Night of Joy Questions

wdwishes2005

Original Poster
Hey, I had a few questions about NoJ '07. Do they tape it? One of my favorite bands is going to be there and I'd love to see a good live performance from them but I can't make it down there. If not, does anyone have any plans to tape Flyleaf?

wdwishes2005

Original Poster
Truthfully, the legality of it hadn't crossed my mind. I've never been to a concert before and thinking back I now realize it's probably illegal, but it's not something that immediately popped into my head while posting that.
Also, I wasn't asking someone to. I was asking if anyone was going to, and not realizing all the legalities of it it was an innocent enough question.
Now, can someone answer if I can possibly buy a copy from Disney afterwards?

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
Hey, I had a few questions about NoJ '07. Do they tape it? One of my favorite bands is going to be there and I'd love to see a good live performance from them but I can't make it down there. If not, does anyone have any plans to tape Flyleaf?
Hi there remember me? I met you in the monorail on the way to the MK before MVMCP on Dec 14th. Anyway, someone had told me that Flyleaf was a christian band but I didn't believe them. I guess they are..:hammer: . I think the group Red is going to be there also and they are AWESOME!!
Isn't the "concert" outdoors? I wouldn't think it would be illegal to tape them. Someone could post it on YouTube or something. :shrug:

:wave:

wdwishes2005

Original Poster
Hey, I remember meeting you now.
As far of the legalities, I have no idea. Nobody I like to listens to ever plays anywhere near where I live so I haven't bothered to look it up since I normally don't need to know it.

Teenchy

I dont think there is any official taping of the concerts unless one of the bands or Disney is doing it for promotional purposes.

I know you could tape it yourself like people tape Wishes, Illuminations, and other shows at Disney but you would not be able to distribute it for sale...although how does Jeff Lange sell all his Disney stuff???? Not sure of the legal end of things? *edited to remove link hint: laughing place*

By the way if you have never been to NOJ there are several different stages set up throughout the Magic Kingdom with different bands playing at the same time, usually the "Big Names"(Mercy Me, Steven Curtis Chapman, etc.) get the center stage in front of the castle.

*mod

Champion

You're asking if someone is willing to break the law by recording & distributing a Christian Rock concert? Considering that the material performed in the concert is itellectual property, isn't that, like, stealing the concert you didn't pay to get into? The Christian rock concert? Where they talk about honoring God and his commandments? Like thou shalt not steal?

Really, I'm not trying to be a jerk about it (and I'm probabl failing) but t seems like, unless the band has a long- standing policy of saying "we don't care if our fans make bootleg videos of our concert, spread The Word" (which is not to say WDW will feel the same way about recording a concert on their property), it seems really weird to try to get a boot of a Xtian band, knowing boots are illegal (and depending on how you feel about intellectual property, immoral as well).

Only if you are distributing it are they going to even consider thinking about it as a crime. If you tape it just to watch, you aren't breaking any law.

And no, making a recording for one other person is not distributing.

slappy magoo

Only if you are distributing it are they going to even consider thinking about it as a crime. If you tape it just to watch, you aren't breaking any law.

Dunno. I've seen other parks & state fairs put up signs & make announcements before live events/concerts forbidding recording. Don't know if WDW/NOJ does it, but wouldn't be surprised if they did. Enforcement, of course, is another story.

hls1023

Actually, at 99% of the concerts that I have been to you will be searched for cameras or recording devices. It is absolutley illegal to make bootleg copies of concerts. Whether you have intent to sell it or not, I'm not sure they care. I mean, realistically they are not going to ask you if you have intentions of selling copies and even if you did, you're sure as heck not gonna tell them.
I saw Primus at the Hard Rock a few years ago and to combat bootlegging they tape every show and you can download it online for $10. It was awesome cause you had a proffessional recording of the concert that you were at.

lightboy

Here's your answer.

No there is not an official taping of it to purchase.

Every band (99% of the time) does request no videotaping (and some no photography). Yes, you can get them into the park. But, if you're caught with it out, the event staff will kindly ask you to put it away. If you do not, you will be asked to leave the concert venue area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom