night of joy crowds

Dutchie

Hi everyone:wave:!

Read in a guidebook that the crowds during the night of joy (I'm staying Sept 4 - Sept 12, so that weekend is right in the middle of our vacation) would be "rowdy". What do I have yo expect? Gangs? Brawls in the street? Or just teenagers having a good time? :shrug:

krueg66

Just a bunch of bible-thumping kids running wild everywhere...that's all!!! Buy some aethism tee-shirts and wear them proudly!!!

Seriously though...it's going to be pretty crazy in the parks.

Upvote 0

autigger

They are religious people, not British soccer (football) fans.

:)

Yeah, but I remember how my Church youth group could be when I was a teenager!!

Seriously, I can’t speak for the actual Night of Joy hard ticket nighttime event, but in regard to the park attendance during the day, there is very little noticeable difference.

When my family went to WDW in 2006, we had two young kids and were concerned whether Night of Joy would attract a rowdy crowd. There was no reason to be concerned.

We went to Magic Kingdom the day of the event (the event is now at DHS) and you would not have known that Night of Joy was that evening except for some stages that were set up. The crowds were not noticeably different either.

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

We were there last year while the Night of Joy was going on and I didn't see a difference in the crowd level. We won Dream Fastpasses on one of the days and did not even need to use them. We had to leave early because we didn't have tickets so that stunk but anyway..
We will be there again this year too so we will see. The first MNSSHP is also that weekend.

Upvote 0

doc_holiday3500

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

My Wife and I have gone twice during that time and experienced no difference in crowd levels. You guys will have a great time.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Usually the only time you see a crowd increase is in the park where Night of joy is being held, and only on the days of the events.
I believe this is the first year that NOJ is being held at the Studios, so look for slightly larger-than-usual crowds that Friday and Saturday.

As for the makeup of those crowds, it's true that most of the Guests are just fine and act like all other Guests. But, as another poster pointed out, the groups are often made up of minimally-supervised teenagers who tend to act like teenagers-in-a-group.

Also, some church groups use the NOJ events as an outreach opportunity for "troubled teens", and thus they sometimes get teens with a less-than-courteous outlook on life and other people's property. (I've heard from Merchandise CMs that they often clear the stores of smaller easy-to-steal souveniers because the theft rate goes way up on both NOJ and Grad Nights)

-Rob

Upvote 0

krankenstein

Youth Pastor that has been to NOJ and Rock the Universe here! :wave:

During the day, you shouldn't notice a big different with crowds at all except maybe at DHS. After 4pm the crowds will begin to pour into DHS and it will most likely become insanely crowded. The MK barely handled the crowd levels well, so I doubt DHS will be any better. As far as the event itself, it is great and a true lessing. Do not go expecting to ride with minimal wait.

As far as the teenagers....teenagers will teenagers, christian or not. Plan accordingly.

Upvote 0

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Ugh, I can't stand Night of Joy....

You'd think for a mostly-religious group they'd be well-behaved? NOPE! More theft and lewdness goes on during NoJ than during Grad Nights. If I'm ever an CM again - I'll never work NoJ

:brick::brick::brick::brick:

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Ugh, I can't stand Night of Joy....

You'd think for a mostly-religious group they'd be well-behaved? NOPE! More theft and lewdness goes on during NoJ than during Grad Nights. If I'm ever an CM again - I'll never work NoJ

:brick::brick::brick::brick:

Why do you think theyre called Nights of Joy :drevil:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom