Night Of Joy 2015 Lineup

Bairstow

Didn't see this posted anywhere on here, so I thought I'd post. Here it is.
2015’s full lineup includes: (entertainment subject to change)

Friday, September 11 - TobyMac, MercyMe, Jeremy Camp, Colton Dixon, Big Daddy Weave, Francesca Battistelli, Rend Collective, and I Am They

Saturday, September 12 - Skillet, Lecrae, For King & Country, Mandisa, Matt Maher, Jamie Grace, Seventh Time Down, and Veridia
Source: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/01/disneys-night-of-joy-2015-artist-update/

No System of a Down or GWAR this year?
Pity.

SosoDude

We went to NOJ back in 2009. It was at DHS back then. I have to say, my family was somewhat suprised by the bad behavior of some of the other attendees. We were in line for a ride with some of the most OBNOXIOUS teenagers ( ages 14-15) I've ever met. Cursing loudly, trying to skip in line, yelling at one another, ect.. When I turned around and asked them if their parents were there and if they knew that they were acting like this in public, the said they were there with a large church youth group and only had two chaperones..... That was only one incident that night. I tried to make a conscience effort be extra nice to the cast members the rest of the night at NOJ and the rest of our trip.

Steel City Magic

Guessing Skillet won't be playing any of their real music? "Monster" and "circus for a psycho" among others aren't quite toe tappers for a Christian festival...

Last edited:

gwhb75

Guessing Skillet won't be playing any of their real music? "Monster" and "circus for a psycho" aren't quite toe tappers for a Christian festival...

Monster is a staple for them at both their "Christian" and "non-Christian" concerts. Saw them at a Christian festival in June and Monster was on the playlist. Circus for a Psycho wasn't.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I worked NoJ when I was at Tomorrowland attractions. I spent most of my night telling people Peoplemover was closed... because the sound would interfere with the concerts. Yes, that was definitely the reason. It had nothing to do with a history of people trying to exit the cars in Space Mountain, or trying to make babies en route. Definitely. :cautious:

Nick Wilde

Original Poster
Guessing Skillet won't be playing any of their real music? "Monster" and "circus for a psycho" aren't quite toe tappers for a Christian festival...
They played Monster in 2013, and Circus For A Psycho wasn't very popular at the time, so it wasn't played. They are allowed to play any of their own music, so you might see it this year. I'm really looking forward to it.

cheezbat

Funny or sad at how a Christian themed event brings out the worst in people?
I have been to about five of the Night of Joy events (planning this year too just for Skillet.) and I can say that it's honestly not as terrible as many people make it out to be.

That being said, the main reason there are issues is because MANY of these church youth groups that show up bring troubled teens with them. I know many years ago being part of such a group, we had a number of 'bad eggs' with us...their parents basically pawned them off on the group. This happens A LOT.

GrumpyFan

The problems come from large groups of unsupervised teenagers that churches bus in as an "outreach opportunity". It's unfortunate, esepecially for the CMs who have to endure, and it's sad that some would behave this way. But, as someone who's been to the event before, I can tell you that those commiting the offenses are a very small percentage and not representative of the majority who are there to have a good time, listen to good music and mind the rules. As always, it's because of a few, who give the rest a bad rep.

Steel City Magic

Thanks all! Good to know. Maybe I will go. I like their hits. Awake and alive, and not gonna die are pretty good too. Just wasn't sure that they would play such things. Awesome! Maybe I'll check it out

Nick Wilde

Original Poster
Night of Joy just posted the show times on their Facebook page. Here they are.
NOJsep11.jpg

NOJsep12.jpg

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I'm sure the ferryboats have the trashcans scheduled for removal for that night. Better to pickup trash from the floor than fish a garbage can out of the lake!(it happened)

Nick Wilde

Original Poster
I'm sure the ferryboats have the trashcans scheduled for removal for that night. Better to pickup trash from the floor than fish a garbage can out of the lake!(it happened)
Once? I doubt they would completely remove all trashcans because of one isolated incident.

prberk

Thanks all! Good to know. Maybe I will go. I like their hits. Awake and alive, and not gonna die are pretty good too. Just wasn't sure that they would play such things. Awesome! Maybe I'll check it out

I hope you have a good time. I have seen Skillet at Winterfest at Liberty University here in Virginia and a couple of other times, and they played most of their big hits, and the crowd of mostly teenagers and young adults really loved it. I think, like Amy Grant, they play songs that are directly religious and others that are not, but that are not contrary to their faith. The difference is only the style of music.

I see Lecrae is before them. The youth group that I lead loves a song called "Church Clap" by KB that features Lecrae. It's more techno/hip-hop/gospel than rock, but it is fun and infectious. I hope he does it there.

Anyway, if you go, we would love to have your review here. I went to NOJ in 2013, and I had a great time. My brother, a musician at church, attended the praise and worship music conference that they hold during the week before NOJ, and I flew down to join him for NOJ weekend, and I had a great time. I was aware of these annual threads talking about the bad behavior and disrespectful youth running amock. So, I looked for it.

I am sure that there was some, but I never saw it, even in the E-tickets. What I saw was a bunch of teenagers (and leaders) with church T-shirts on high-fiving each other as they crossed by their friends in the zig-zag of the Space Mountain lines. I saw people enjoying Pirates and chanting the words with the "ghost host" of the Haunted Mansion as he challenged people to "find a way out... But there's always.. MY WAY!" I saw younger people crowded in to see the concert in the Galaxy stage, and a more mixed group patiently waiting out some rain for Chris Tomlin on the castle stage.

Basically, I saw energetic crowds of plenty of youth, mostly well-behaved and having fun. It was cool to see the MK with something other than Disney music playing in the atmosphere. The monorail played the same music and DJs as were being played throughout the park. It was positive and fun.

Now, did anyone misbehave? Probably so. I lead a youth group here that does include some students who come from families that do not have the same manners and values that many of us do. Do I expect them to behave? Yes. Do they always behave? No. (Are there consequences? Usually, depending on whether I find out and what they did.)

And yes, some teens come with the youth group and may not be there for the right reasons. Many of those will still behave decently. Others, including some from good homes or who behave at church, may choose to misbehave in that environment, just like a school trip. The difference from a band trip is that on this particular night, it is more concentrated and aimed at youth groups, especially local youth groups -- and sometimes the only time (with the group rates) that they can afford it. School groups usually blend in during a regular day, and are not concentrated at a program aimed at locals and building a party atmosphere by having concerts all over the park.

So, I think that it is unfortunate and sad that some kids misbehave and give the event (and perhaps Chistian youth) a bad name here and among some cast members, but I can say that they are NOT anywhere close to the majority. Go and have a good time, mixing some good music in with a night at Walt Disney World.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom