Night at the Museum Ride at Disney Parks?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
How about a NatM restaurant?

A Night at the Museum Restaurant

Would you like a softly-lit romantic meal of mammoth steaks with sides of cleverly updated basic human staples served by Teddy Roosevelt or an Indigenous Person from a bygone era?

Then come on down to the Museum Restaurant located in the old Launch Bay where the Animation Courtyard is reconfigured for modern L.A. look with a proper frontage of L.A. theaters and the Los Angeles Museum of Natural History.

The museum decor consists of hanging Pteradactyls, dinosaur skeletons, oversized dragon flies, giant dioramas, and all sorts of occasionally moving taxidermied fauna of the past -- and maybe a few Easter eggs from the Ice Age©.

View attachment 296298

Note: I relinquish my hold on The Martian fecal potatoes if anyone wants it!

Barrel Rapids

As part of a huge Tolkien Land in their new theme park "gate", guests travel down a raging rapids ride in a raft that looks like barrels lashed together reminiscent of the ones the dwarves used to escape their elven captors in Mirkwood, all the while menaced by spiders and orcs from above.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Oh ok. I wonder what park it was for?
The first film of the NatM franchise was produced by Fox in 2006 (long before Disney bought them). Universal added Simpsons in 2008... would make sense that they might try to leverage other Fox properties around the same time (especially given how popular the NatM films were [especially the first two]). Universal was also doing a lot of fast expansion around then... so yeah, I could see this having been a Universal project. Further, Universal has a long history of working with Goddard Group and if they started talking about this attraction right when the first film came out, now would be 15 years later which seems like the right amount of time to be clear of any confidentiality agreements that may have been in place when the concept was first commissioned.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
In another thread people were spitballing suggestions for a replacement to Dinosaur in DAK assuming it would be razed or revamped as part of a larger Dinoland overhaul. It seems doable... that after visiting my share of a few natural history museums... That this aquired IP could fit the bill. Could this franchise work as a Dinosaur replacement or as a newly-built attraction heavily-borrowing story concepts from Mystic Manor?

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

In another thread people were spitballling suggestions for a replacement to Dinosaur in DAK assuming it would be razed or revamped as part of a larger Dinoland overhaul. It seems doable... that after visiting my share of a few natural history museums... That this aquired IP could fit the bill. Would this franchise work as a Dinosaur replacement or as a newly-built attraction heavily-borrowing story concepts from Mystic Manor?
This sounds intriguing…I’d want to hear and see more…

GustoGummi

Why does every single movie/tv show that's ever existed need to have a attraction at Disney? Especially a franchise that's been dead for almost 15 years.

Smiley/OCD

I know it’s a 50+ year old movie, but I always wished Disney would have bought the rights to the original Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory and develop a PotC type water ride down the chocolate river, in his ferry boat past animatronic Oompa Loompas making candies emptying into a giant candy store…with, of course, loads of chocolate scents piped in…aah, the possibilities 😀

Cmdr_Crimson

I know it’s a 50+ year old movie, but I always wished Disney would have bought the rights to the original Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory and develop a PotC type water ride down the chocolate river, in his ferry boat past animatronic Oompa Loompas making candies emptying into a giant candy store…with, of course, loads of chocolate scents piped in…aah, the possibilities 😀
Alton Tower has one..

Smiley/OCD

It looks like a great ride, but I’m not a Tim Burton fan (glad HM doesn’t get the NBC makeover). I’d love to have the original though. It’s got such potential…

Pepper's Ghost

In another thread people were spitballing suggestions for a replacement to Dinosaur in DAK assuming it would be razed or revamped as part of a larger Dinoland overhaul. It seems doable... that after visiting my share of a few natural history museums... That this aquired IP could fit the bill. Could this franchise work as a Dinosaur replacement or as a newly-built attraction heavily-borrowing story concepts from Mystic Manor?
I like the idea of a Dinosaur-type ride, but not a replacement for Dinosaur. Why rip out a ride when there's plenty of room for a new one. It doesn't fit with AK anyway. I see a Dinosaur-type ride, but obviously it should be at MGM...errr, Hollywood Studios. That'd be cool to be riding through one of the halls of the museum and having a T-rex chasing your ride car as a great ending to the ride. Another riding through the Africa hall with wild animals. Going through the hall with the miniature worlds of Rome and the Old West. They also could do a classy homage for Robin William and his character of Teddy. There's so much they could do with that franchise in a ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom