Night at the Museum Ride at Disney Parks?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Why wouldn’t it not make sense at DHS? I can totally see a brand new restaurant built from the ground up near TOT and RNRC. Why not theme it to Night at the Museum?

Huh? Another dining establishment to go along with the existing Sunshine Market, Rosie's, the Ranch and including Scoops, the Day bar and the Produce market. It needs attractions, not more food... hop to Eatcot for more food.

champdisney

Still didn’t explain how the franchise doesn’t “make sense” in DHS. I’ll wait.

Huh? Another dining establishment to go along with the existing Sunshine Market, Rosie's, the Ranch and including Scoops, the Day bar and the Produce market. It needs attractions, not more food... hop to Eatcot for more food.
It’s simple. You bulldoze those quick service spots to make way for a single, one of a kind dining experience for Sunset Blvd. Where else would you squeeze a dining experience between TOT and RNRC? The obvious choice is to eliminate those smaller dining venues to make way for something like this. DHS needs more unique dining experiences.

And no... I don’t need to hop over to Epcot to get that. Not really big into park hopping. I prefer to enjoy each park one day at a time.

Heppenheimer

Paramount's example of trying to turn the Taft theme parks into "movie parks" during the 90s shows why you really need intellectual properties with long-term staying power to make this work. Otherwise, you get attractions based on Wayne's World or Days of Thunder awkwardly limping along 10 years after anyone cared about the original films (although along this line, Avatar was an odd choice for an entire land...)

I liked the Night at the Museum movies well enough, but I don't see this franchise having a deep enough impact to warrant a lasting theme park attraction.

champdisney

That was a legit question. Don’t quite understand the dryness in your responses when asking about your opinion on why an attraction or experience based on Night at the Museum would not make sense at DHS. I ask you being that you’re the one person who has come forward and said it wouldn’t make sense.

Not only do you not have an answer, you’re attempting to start a bickering war. Classy. Thanks but no thanks.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Still didn’t explain how the franchise doesn’t “make sense” in DHS. I’ll wait.

It’s simple. You bulldoze those quick service spots to make way for a single, one of a kind dining experience for Sunset Blvd. Where else would you squeeze a dining experience between TOT and RNRC? The obvious choice is to eliminate those smaller dining venues to make way for something like this. DHS needs more unique dining experiences.

And no... I don’t need to hop over to Epcot to get that. Not really big into park hopping. I prefer to enjoy each park one day at a time.

The reason they won't bulldoze and replace is a simple matter of capacity. You can't dial up or dial down a Table Service like you can multiple quick-service locations. For the suitability of the IP, there are quite a few more successful franchises than Night at the Museum.

champdisney

The reason they won't bulldoze and replace is a simple matter of capacity. You can't dial up or dial down a Table Service like you can multiple quick-service locations. For the suitability of the IP, there are quite a few more successful franchises than Night at the Museum.
This is all blue-sky talk, sir. I don’t think none of us in this discussion are worried about capacity.

For the suitability of the IP, there are quite a few more successful franchises than Night at the Museum.
Yet, this thread is all about potential attractions and experiences based on that franchise?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
That was a legit question. Don’t quite understand the dryness in your responses when asking about your opinion on why an attraction or experience based on Night at the Museum would not make sense at DHS. I ask you being that you’re the one person who has come forward and said it wouldn’t make sense.

Not only do you not have an answer, you’re attempting to start a bickering war. Classy. Thanks but no thanks.
And yet here you still are. Lol

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
He wasn’t even bickering. Lol

Just another pointless argument about why their favorite franchise isn't represented in the park they frequent. If you look at the combined global box office for the franchise for all three existing films it's less than what the one installment of Zootopia made. (thanks Shanghai!)

Looking towards the target audience (international, not majority local) and its interpretations of history and historical figures doesn't place it in that "safe zone" to be excluded from being a target for re-interpretation by a different viewpoint.

champdisney

Just another pointless argument about why their favorite franchise isn't represented in the park they frequent. If you look at the combined global box office for the franchise for all three existing films it's less than what the one installment of Zootopia made. (thanks Shanghai!)
1. Night of the Museum isn’t a favorite of mine. Not even in my top 10. Do I think it can make for a fun experience at a Disney theme park? Yes.

2. I don’t get on here to argue. I’m here to converse, get informed and read others’ opinions and experiences. I merely asked @WondersOfLife why he felt the property doesn’t belong at DHS. He had his chance to elaborate but decided to move towards his sad attempts at trolling.

3. Again, this is all blue-sky chatter. Who cares about capacity and how finically successful the films were? This was suppose to be a fun discussion.

Pepper's Ghost

If you look at the combined global box office for the franchise for all three existing films it's less than what the one installment of Zootopia made. (thanks Shanghai!)
To be fair, this statement is inaccurate...

Zootopia - $1.023B

Night at the Museum - $0.574B
Smithsonian - $0.413
Secret of the Tomb - $0.363B

By my dummy math that's $1.023B for Zootopia vs $1.350B for the Night at the Museum trilogy per Box Office Mojo. I'm not arguing one side or the other, but just correcting false facts.

Pepper's Ghost

In fairness, I'll also state that I once made this same suggestion, probably about a year ago. My thoughts weren't that the movies were box office hits or anything like that. They were mildly popular films that I felt would translate well to a kids dark ride if you think about it. A giant t-rex skeleton chasing your ride vehicle at different points on the M&MRR ride system. So many characters you could animate both in animatronic, or on screens like the Shanghai PotC... the little army guys, cavemen, Easter Island statues, on and on. A museum has so many different halls that can be represented including the African jungle area with some ferocious predators, etc., etc.

To preempt some statements I expect based on the above, no the movie wasn't massively popular, and definitely not one of my favorites although I did enjoy the first one. It's just a good subject for a dark ride with all the fun possibilities.

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm just gonna leave this here....

Pepper's Ghost

Oh man! That looks exactly as I envisioned it! Sucks it never got picked up, but who knows... maybe in 5 years or whatever. I just think there's room for this concept in DHS. It fits the theme perfectly obviously. I feel like it'd be a good fit off of Sunset Blvd on the west side just south of the RnRC show building. It's crowded in that area, but I feel like it's just wasted space.
DHS.JPG

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Was this for Universal ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom