Nickelodeon Family Suites...please read!!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Happy-go-Lucky said:
Ok...then I have one more question. How hard is it if you're staying off property to drive to the parks? Is it hard to park there and HOW MUCH would we expect to pay for parking at the parks????
From the Nick suites it is not hard to drive at all. Once you cross I-4 and go through the gates to WDW just follow the signs. Parking is $9 a day.

Happy-go-Lucky

Original Poster
Laura22 said:
I've stayed there - I'll give you a review. :)

Now keep in mind I'm a huge Disney snob. I don't like the idea of taking a Disney vacation and staying off site. But we LOVEEEEEEEED staying at the family suites!

We went in July 2003 - spent half a week at Pop Century and half a week at Holiday Inn Family Suites (now Nick hotel). We were miserable staying at Pop Century, moving over to Nick hotel was awesome.

Here's a comparision of Nick Hotel and Pop Century...

Nick Hotel - has it's own HUGE water park (free)
Pop Century - has regular pools

Nick Hotel - park right near your room, so coming and going is easy
Pop Century - park pretty far away, exhausting walking to and from the car

Nick Hotel & Pop Century - both about the same distance from all Disney attractions, both very convenient

Nick Hotel - TONS of space, couple bedrooms, living room, kitchen
Pop Century - Tiny room for all to share with no fridge or anything

Nick Hotel - free huge breakfast buffet each morning (at least there was in 2003)
Pop Century - pay a fortune for your breakfast each morning

Really, the only disadvantage I could think of for Nick Hotel was that you don't get the perks of staying onsite (extra magic hours and such). It was a really, really nice and fun place and I'd love to go back again.

I would definitely choose Nick over a Disney value or moderate resort, but I'd choose a deluxe Disney resort over Nick. It is very comparable to the value resorts as far as theming, but then it takes it up a notch by giving you more space, a waterpark, and free breakfast. And it's just plain nice at the end of a tiring day at the Disney park to just get out of your car and have a 2 second walk into your room, where at the Disney resorts you usually have to walk FOREVER to get to your room.

I LOVE Disney resorts, but I loved this place too. It was great and I recommend it to anyone with kids to try at least once. Even if just for a couple nights.

Laura 22....thank you so much for the wonderful insight into Nick! We are very excited about it and are even more so now after reading your response. I was a little nervous after seeing some people's opinions about it but I'm glad you shared your experience! I don't feel like we made a mistake anymore by booking with them. Thank you!!!!

WDWRLD

I just went to the Nick Hotel site and I was way off on this one. Is it associated with Universal theme park at all? Do you get any of the universal perks? I wish I hadent just thrown it out because I am courious now. If you are leaving disney property do you turn right just after passing Gaylord Palms?

Ducky_Love

Brian Skinner said:
If you are leaving disney property do you turn right just after passing Gaylord Palms?

Actually if you are coming up Osceola Parkway (I think that is the way you are describing) you would take a left onto South International to get to the Nick Hotel. Going right would lead you to hwy 192.

The drive to WDW from this location is EASY!

Nemo14

The travel section of our Sunday paper did a write-up of this last year and gave it a very favorable review if that's any help. I tried to find the article on line, but no luck. I seem to recall that it eas pretty pricey however.

Happy-go-Lucky

Original Poster
Also, can anyone tell me if it's fairly easy to drive to the other resorts and walk around? Do they allow you to park and walk if you're staying off property?

Chernabog

First off let me clarify that I really just skimmed the other posts...but I am currently in one of the suites in the Nick Hotel. My girlfriend has an internship here and lives in one of the suites. That being said I can tell you whatever you would like to know. The rooms are nice, not huge but nice and kept very clean. The pools (there are 2) are fairly large and super fun for kids. The each have playground like things where you can dump water on others and stuff like that. It is a Holiday Inn so don't expect the best, but the themeing is very well done. The paintings in the rooms are really cool and they offer lots of activities for kids and adults as well as a character themed breakfast. Also, it is just off porperty on 536 (I know that was said earlier) and takes about 5-10 minutes to get to any Disney park...super easy. PM me if youhave any other questions you'd like answered. Hope this helps!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Happy-go-Lucky said:
Also, can anyone tell me if it's fairly easy to drive to the other resorts and walk around? Do they allow you to park and walk if you're staying off property?
Yes you can visit the other Disney resorts. You will need to show a photo ID at the security check point and they will issue you a 3 hour pass. The only time this is an issue is during peak season and if the parking lot is full.

lamarvenoy

This is the only hotel outside Disney I want to try out. The only issue I have is everytime I'm looking for a room its $175+ and I just won't pay that for a room "outside" of the magic.

lscott933

when we were at wdw there in november we went right by the hotel. we stayed at the pop century. we went right by it on the way to the airport. it took like two minutes to pass it from leaving the traffic light of the pop century hotel intersection. i have been thinking about staying there too this time. i have nothing but good things about that hotel. my sister has stayed there three ago too. it was the holiday family suite too and has nothing but good thing to say about it.

optjay

Correct me if im wrong,but with "off property" hotel transportation arent those the people walking by the Disney transportation busses lugging the kids and themselves to the far off back of the lot parking spots to wait for the busses? Just wondering becouse I always see people waiting in the middle of the lots for busses.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
optjay said:
Correct me if im wrong,but with "off property" hotel transportation arent those the people walking by the Disney transportation busses lugging the kids and themselves to the far off back of the lot parking spots to wait for the busses? Just wondering becouse I always see people waiting in the middle of the lots for busses.
In some cases yes. In others they are private charters.

WDWRLD

Yea I to always wonder what those people are waiting for in either the far bus lot at Epcot or at MGM. You will see them way out in the middle of nowhere in the pouring down rain just sitting in a parking space and they look like they are fed up with the world.

Happy-go-Lucky

Original Poster
lamarvenoy said:
This is the only hotel outside Disney I want to try out. The only issue I have is everytime I'm looking for a room its $175+ and I just won't pay that for a room "outside" of the magic.

I was trying to figure out why everyone was posting that Nick was expensive. But, then I realized how much of a great deal we actually have. Our situation was that my husband and I are taking our 3 kids. My mom and little cousin are also going, therefore, we either needed a suite somewhere on property (which was outrageous) or 2 adjoining rooms (which in this case, we were having to pay for 2 rooms instead of splitting a suite). Then, we found the Nick hotel and since we're splitting the room cost in half (us and my mom), it works out to almost nothing. The room rate we got was $168.00 a night for 6 nights which came out to a total of $1,176.00...only $588.00 each split in half. We were originally booked at CBR (2 rooms) and were paying a ton more. This, of course, is just our situation where we're splitting the cost of the room so it makes it a much better deal to stay in a suite at Nick. I would have loved to be in a suite on property but they were outrageous in price. Nick will have to do for this visit but I'm really excited. There's so much to do there for the kids and I've heard nothing but positive things about the resort.

Thanks for all the responses from everyone. It has really helped!

tirian

I just went to the Nick Hotel site and I was way off on this one. Is it associated with Universal theme park at all? Do you get any of the universal perks? I wish I hadent just thrown it out because I am courious now. If you are leaving disney property do you turn right just after passing Gaylord Palms?

Nickelodeon is no longer tied to Universal. True, Uni is soon getting a Jimmy Neutron 3-D show; but I've been on a Spongebob Squarepants simulator at a Six Flags. Nick is everywhere now, except for Disney.

Regarding the hotel, I've never stayed there; but it's literally just a quick hop across an overpass, right across from the Maingate, near the entrance to Kissammee. Very close to the magic, and (according to people I know who have stayed there) a very nice hotel.

Debbie

We rode past it on our way to our 30min grocery stop with Quicksilver. I wouldn't mind trying it for a nite or two, and the travel section write-up said that the water parks are enough to keep the kids busy to never have to leave the hotel. However, two nites might would be enough for us. I'm ashamed to say it, but for my family; we're Disney snobs too. :)

wannabeBelle

AshAlytwins said:
Wow ...you learn something new here everyday...imagine that..hotels outside the World....
I dunno I still think that hotels outside of the World is an urban myth!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Belle

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom