NFL 2018 Discussion Thread

PUSH

Original Poster
Ben Roethlisberger just threw a 97-yard TD to JuJu Smith-Schuster from his own endzone, falling back, as a defender was in his face to bring him down for a safety. :jawdrop:

PUSH

Original Poster
Philip Rivers set a new NFL record for most consecutive completions to open a game. He completed 25 straight passes to start the game versus the Cardinals. The previous record was held by Mark Brunell with 22 straight completions that he set in 2006.

PUSH

Original Poster
Kareem Hunt has been released by the Chiefs after a video was released showing him assaulting a woman.

PUSH

Original Poster
The Packers have fired head coach Mike McCarthy.

As a Packers fan who is very in tune with the team, I am shocked it came before the end of the season. It was time, but I thought her earned playing it out through the end of the year. OC Joe Philbin will be the interim head coach.

I don't think he's a bad coach. He will find a job quickly if he wants one. But I do believe he has run his course with the Packers. I believe coaches can become stale with a franchise, much like Andy Reid with the Eagles. I think McCarthy has what it takes to go to another team and succeed.

SteveBrickNJ

Phila Eagles are now 6 and 6
The Cowboys are one game ahead of them.
They play those Cowboys the next game.
Anyone have a prediction or some thoughts to share?

Lucky

Washington thought it was significantly upgrading its secondary when they gave GB a 4th round pick for Clinton-Dix at the trade deadline.

They gave up an average of 322 yards per game in the 7 games before he arrived, and 432 yards per game in the 5 games with him so far.

PUSH

Original Poster
Washington thought it was significantly upgrading its secondary when they gave GB a 4th round pick for Clinton-Dix at the trade deadline.

They gave up an average of 322 yards per game in the 7 games before he arrived, and 432 yards per game in the 5 games with him so far.
He's an interesting player. Sometimes he's an all-pro talent, then other times he shouldn't be on the field. He's not consistent.

PUSH

Original Poster
Aaron Rodgers broke the record for most consecutive pass attempts without an interception in the Packers win over the Falcons today. The previous record was held by Tom Brady (358 attempts). Rodgers is now at 368 consecutive attempts without an interception.

Dad 2 M & M

So Pittsburgh fake punt fail.....Baltimore, Indianapolis, and the Music City holds it's breath and hopes for a Who Dat comeback

If Pitt loses, Tennessee vs Indy next week in Nashville for the 6th spot, and Pitt is out unless Baltimore loses next week to Cleveland!!

SteveBrickNJ

As we approach the final week of the season it would seem.....IF the Vikings win, they obtain the 6th and final NFC spot in the playoffs.
Is that correct?
My follow up question is this: IF the Vikings lose AND IF the Eagles win, do the Eagles get that 6th spot? ...or is it more complicated than that?

Dad 2 M & M

As we approach the final week of the season it would seem.....IF the Vikings win, they obtain the 6th and final NFC spot in the playoffs.
Is that correct?
My follow up question is this: IF the Vikings lose AND IF the Eagles win, do the Eagles get that 6th spot? ...or is it more complicated than that?
Correct, but Vikings could move to #5 if Seattle loses one (to either KC tonight or Arizona next week)

Yes to the follow up......there are two scenarios the Eagles can make it in:

Win and Vikings Loss OR Win and Seattle Loses out (tonight to KC and next week to Arizona) KC is leading 10-7

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom