NFL 2017 Discussion Thread

21stamps

I think any player, coach, ref, fan, GM, owner, etc. knows that launching yourself at a player who is not even in the play at all is illegal. If he was making a tackle it may have been a legal hit, but he wasn't making a tackle. He was just hitting a player for no reason.

But I guess that's okay in some people's minds, so we can just agree to disagree. No sense continuing a senseless internet debate. :)

Oh sorry, I thought this was NFL discussion..;)

Seriously though, I thought people might want to discuss it, I can't think of another example of the NFL imposing such a strict penalty for a "possibly" illegal play. I just hope it doesn't set the tone for the rest of the season. I do hope that if the judgement of "illegal" stands, then it should be 1 game max, 5 games is too much. Players have to be able to still play football. It will be interesting to hear the response to the appeal.

PUSH

Original Poster
Oh sorry, I thought this was NFL discussion..;)

Seriously though, I thought people might want to discuss it, I can't think of another example of the NFL imposing such a strict penalty for a "possibly" illegal play. I just hope it doesn't set the tone for the rest of the season. I do hope that if the judgement of "illegal" stands, then it should be 1 game max, 5 games is too much. Players have to be able to still play football. It will be interesting to hear the response to the appeal.
Totally NFL discussion, but it's pretty clear that neither of us are changing our opinions on the matter, and we are just talking in circles by reiterating the same things.

21stamps

Totally NFL discussion, but it's pretty clear that neither of us are changing our opinions on the matter, and we are just talking in circles by reiterating the same things.

Yeah, I'm not arguing at all. Had hoped a few people would weigh in. With all of the injuries that we know of, the lawsuits, new very interpretive rules, I do wonder if this is the beginning of the end of football as we know it. At the very least if this is a game changer for players and teams as the NFL is setting a tone with such long suspensions, over a questionable play. We'll see what happens this season soon enough.

PUSH

Original Poster
The Packers have agreed to a 1-year deal with OLB Ahmad Brooks. I like the move since OLB is seemingly our thinnest position this season. Behind Clay Matthews and Nick Perry we didn't really have any player with extensive work as a pass rusher. Plus, those two are pretty injury prone, so having this depth is nice.

PUSH

Original Poster
Notable roster cuts:

- Bears release Victor Cruz
- Cardinals release Chris Johnson
- Lions release Matt Asiata
- 49ers release Matt Barkley
- Browns release Brock Osweiler

PUSH

Original Poster
The Patriots and Colts strike a trade:

Patriotes get WR Phillip Dorsett, Colts get QB Jacoby Brissett.

PUSH

Original Poster
More notable cuts:

- Bears cut K Roberto Aguayo
- Broncos cut S TJ Ward
- Redskins cut RB Matt Jones
- Texans cut QB Brandon Weeden
- Giants cut QB Josh Johnson
- Ravens cut C Jeremy Zuttah
- Ravens cut RB Bobby Rainey
- Ravens cut TE Larry Donnell
- Bengals cut OL Eric Winston

PUSH

Original Poster
I had the 9th pick in my 12-team fantasy draft tonight, and here's how it went round by round...

1 - Devonta Freeman, RB
2 - Brandin Cooks, WR
3 - DeAndre Hopkins, WR
4 - Isaiah Crowell, RB
5 - Davante Adams, WR
6 - Frank Gore, RB
7 - Jimmy Graham, TE
8 - Kirk Cousins, QB
9 - Eric Decker, WR
10 - Philip Rivers, QB
11 - Chiefs D/ST
12 - Derrick Henry, RB
13 - John Brown, WR
14 - OJ Howard, TE
15 - Torrey Smith, WR
16 - Caleb Sturgis, K

I'm pretty happy with how it played out. I'm a little worried about my RB depth, but I'm pretty happy with my WRs. I chose John Brown hoping for a bounce back year. I took OJ Howard as a dark horse pick, hoping he's a productive player in Tampa Bay.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
2ic4ghe.png

Lucky

It's going to be tough for them to go 16 straight but faced with the options available it's probably the best for all involved.
I agree. Nobody had bye weeks until 1990. I'd get rid of them and shorten the season by two weeks. (I'd shorten the season for MLB by 2 or 3 weeks, the NHL by 3 or 4 weeks and the NBA by even more, since its stars sit out so many games.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom