NFL 2016 Discussion Thread

PUSH

Original Poster
Just saw a crazy stat line. The Packers have put up 38 points on the 2nd, 3rd and 6th best scoring defenses and 34 on the 5th best scoring defense during their winning streak. That's insane.

R W B

Let's Geaux Saints...errr... wait a min, their at home with me.

Let's go Packers and Steelers! Anyone but Atlanta for Petes sake!

Lucky

The Packers-Cowboys game was the most watched divisional round game in NFL history. It is the most watched TV program of any kind since last year's Super Bowl, garnering 48.522 million viewers. By comparison, last year's Super Bowl had 114.4 million viewers.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...res-monster-ratings-with-sunday-playoff-tilts
More numbers on the game itself...
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/that-cowboys-packers-game-was-as-great-as-it-seemed/

PUSH

Original Poster
Atlanta played a good game. Had the Packers taken advantage of three or four opportunities in the first half, it would have been an entirely different ball game. It could have easily been 17-17 at halftime.

But I'm proud of the Packers this season. At 4-6, there was about a 4% chance of them making the playoffs. Not only did they do that, but they beat one of the best defenses in the league against the Giants, followed up by a thrilling, instant-classic finish in Dallas before getting to the NFC Title game. Aaron Rodgers made some of the best plays in NFL history along the way, some that I'm not sure any other quarterback could even come close to making. We refound our deadly receiving corp with Jordy Nelson returning to full strength, surpassing all expectations. Davante Adams came back from an injury-plagued season to become one of the better receivers in the league. This season will never be forgotten, as it has been as memorable as many recent seasons from the 2010 Super Bowl, to the record-breaking 2011, to the Rodgers collarbone year in 2013, and the incredible 2014 team who came up a few minutes short.

Moving on, the future looks promising. Rodgers doesn't look like he's going to decline anytime soon. Resigning Jared Cook would be huge. Getting an every-down back to compliment Ty Montgemory would be great, even if that means resigning Eddie Lacy. Defense needs some work, but if we can get a solid cornerback and another pass rusher, I like the overall look of the defense. Nick Perry had an underrated season, and resigning him should be a priority between now and the new league year. With Sam Shields likely being cut, we'll have an extra $9 million to work with to resign key players. It will also be interesting to see if Ted Thompson will shift away from being a full-time GM, as reports have suggested, to make way for some of our up-and-coming front office personnel.

As long as Aaron Rodgers is our quarterback and Mike McCarthy is our head coach, the future is bright in Titletown!

And again, congrats to the Falcons. You were clearly the better team today.

PUSH

Original Poster

LizaMarie89

I somehow doubt Ben will retire quite yet - the team is finally in an upswing in terms of talent and ability. \\

Not excited for another Patriots Superbowl - they're boring.

Dad 2 M & M

Atlanta played a good game. Had the Packers taken advantage of three or four opportunities in the first half, it would have been an entirely different ball game. It could have easily been 17-17 at halftime.

But I'm proud of the Packers this season. At 4-6, there was about a 4% chance of them making the playoffs. Not only did they do that, but they beat one of the best defenses in the league against the Giants, followed up by a thrilling, instant-classic finish in Dallas before getting to the NFC Title game.

And again, congrats to the Falcons. You were clearly the better team today.
It's been a minute brotha....I was lucky enough to be at the NFC Championship and every other Atlanta game this year. Your take is spot on as 10-7 was looking to be the halftime score until the fumble.....and then two blinks and it was 24-0. It looked like the two teams CHANGED uniforms as THAT is HOW the Falcons usually lose big games. The Falcons actually fumbled twice, but were able to recover.....

Let's see if they can play that well in Houston...if so we'll be hoisting the trophy. With consecutive wins against ring wearing QBs Drew Brees, Russel Wilson, and Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan is still not done silencing his critics. Beating the baddest reindeer of them all will do the trick.

Lucky

NFL Network is showing highlights from Super Bowl I. You can see huge areas of empty seats.

The internet says they drew less than 62k in the 94k seat LA Coliseum, less than for some of the Rams regular season games.

Dad 2 M & M

NFL Network is showing highlights from Super Bowl I. You can see huge areas of empty seats.

The internet says they drew less than 62k in the 94k seat LA Coliseum, less than for some of the Rams regular season games.
Watching Willie Joe now....Unitas comes in to try to rescue the Colts...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom