Next Pirates movie will be shot in 3D!!

Kamikaze

I agree. However Avatar is the exception when it comes to 3D Movies.

Avatar is the only movie that people think is better than it really is because of the effects/graphics. Somehow they got the point across that the CGI was so good that it somehow makes the movie better. The story, acting, characters are all rehashes and pretty subpar.

papercut

I agree that 3D is a gimmick most of the time. Luckily, they almost always release movies in 2D also, so I'll be seeing Pirates in 2D. Maybe enough people see the 2D versions instead of the 3D than the studios will take the hint.

Dragonrider1227

I agree that 3D is a gimmick most of the time. Luckily, they almost always release movies in 2D also, so I'll be seeing Pirates in 2D. Maybe enough people see the 2D versions instead of the 3D than the studios will take the hint.

After the success of Avatar and Alice in Wonderland, I wouldn't count on it

The 3D gimmick doesn't bother me. I mean, otherwise there's no real reason for your average movie goer to see them in theaters as home entertainment gets more and more theater like all the time.
Not to mention if you had a fangirl fodder like Johnny Depp in your movie, you'd be INSANE not have it 3D XD

ABigBrassBand

IMO, 3D is still a complete gimmick. However, it added enough to Avatar for me to think it was a good movie. Watching it recently on DVD, its way worse than I thought before, everything about it is subpar. Hopefully if PoTC's 3D turns out to be good, it won't distract from the movie's potentially bad storyline and acting.

mp2bill

The only good 3D is IMAX 3D. I've seen 3D movies in regular movie theaters and IMAX theaters, and IMAX blows the regular theaters out of the water. If I'm going to a regular movie theater, I'm seeing it in 2D and saving myself the $4.

epcotWSC

3D is great for animation. Sure hand drawn is still the best, but if a movie is done with computers, 3D is so much better.

I haven't seen enough of it to make a decision regarding actual real life action.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom