Next phase of MyMagic+ testing will remove the Key to the World Card

dreamfinder

There is a need for KTTW cards. For people like me, who will refuse to wear the bracelet.

And much like you, I'm sure there were people who refused to use key cards to enter their hotel rooms, and insisted upon physical metal keys. And we all see how that worked out. In this case however, by all means request a KTTW and refuse to use the Magic Band. Just don't complain when you miss out on whatever "new exciting and wonderful" MB only features they eventually roll out. Take a band, stick it in an RFID bag, and voila! It's no different than having to pull a KTTW out of a wallet/purse everytime.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
And much like you, I'm sure there were people who refused to use key cards to enter their hotel rooms, and insisted upon physical metal keys. And we all see how that worked out. In this case however, by all means request a KTTW and refuse to use the Magic Band. Just don't complain when you miss out on whatever "new exciting and wonderful" MB only features they eventually roll out. Take a band, stick it in an RFID bag, and voila! It's no different than having to pull a KTTW out of a wallet/purse everytime.

I don't care about the RFID. I don't want to wear a (IMO) dorky, uncomfortable bracelet all day.

Sounds convenient. Stuffing a thick rubber bracelet in my pocket.

I don't see the comparison between a switch from metal keys to KTTW cards. You don't have to wear a KTTW card on your wrist. A key goes in your pocket, and a card goes in your pocket. If anything, the card is easier to put in a pocket then a key. Furthermore, the KTTW card actually ADDED convenience by combining all your needs into one card. All I see with the bracelets is inconvenience.

ddrongowski

Actually the band is a heck of a lot bulkier. Oh and a lot of people just carry the KTTW in a pocket, not their wallet or purse.
The only thing we have carried in the parks for years have been drivers license, cc, KTTW, and photopass card. We put them all in a very very thin id holder that is on a 550 paracord loop. Loop the 550 thru a belt loop, so even if it fell out of a pocket it is still physically attached to us. Very light, and convenient. Now Disney wants us to travel bulkier with a smartphone and or tablet, and a heavier bulker wrist band.

Last edited:

ddrongowski

I don't care about the RFID. I don't want to wear a (IMO) dorky, uncomfortable bracelet all day.

Sounds convenient. Stuffing a thick rubber bracelet in my pocket.

I don't see the comparison between a switch from metal keys to KTTW cards. You don't have to wear a KTTW card on your wrist. A key goes in your pocket, and a card goes in your pocket. If anything, the card is easier to put in a pocket then a key. Furthermore, the KTTW card actually ADDED convenience by combining all your needs into one card. All I see with the bracelets is inconvenience.

Next visit if they will not give me a RFID KTTW card. I am going to cut the majority of the band off. Then I will take a heated nail and make a hole in part of it that remains. Put 550 paracord thru the hole. I will then put my thin ID holder with drivers license, cc and photopass card on that same cord and make a loop. Then loop it thru a belt loop just like I do today. Yes it is still bulkier, but I will not have to wear the uncomfortable painful rash making band.

Weather_Lady

Next visit if they will not give me a RFID KTTW card. I am going to cut the majority of the band off. Then I will take a heated nail and make a hole in part of it that remains. Put 550 paracord thru the hole. I will then put my thin ID holder with drivers license, cc and photopass card on that same cord and make a loop. Then loop it thru a belt loop just like I do today. Yes it is still bulkier, but I will not have to wear the uncomfortable painful rash making band.

I'm with you. If I can't get a KTTW card, I plan on stringing a lanyard hook or a keyring through one of the holes in my MagicBand and either wearing it around my neck or hooking it to the inside of my park bag, a tiny crossbody purse with a sewn-in key fob hook on a ribbon (it will make the MB easy to remove, but it won't get dropped or lost since I don't have to detach it from the key fob in order to scan it). I hate the sensation of anything on my wrist -- I never wear watches and avoid bracelets for that reason.

Last edited:

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Just wanted to report what people are saying on some other Disney forums -

People have put in calls to Disney and are saying they were told that MB will be able to be used to make payments everywhere by the 27th. People were also told that MB scanners were being added to paper FP kiosks so that MB users would still have access.

Not sure how true this is - the payment thing seems doable, not sure how the MB FP scanners will be done in time if at all. If this was true we should see them being installed already since its only 3 days away. Anyone notice these popping up?

Weather_Lady

Just wanted to report what people are saying on some other Disney forums -

People have put in calls to Disney and are saying they were told that MB will be able to be used to make payments everywhere by the 27th. People were also told that MB scanners were being added to paper FP kiosks so that MB users would still have access.

Not sure how true this is - the payment thing seems doable, not sure how the MB FP scanners will be done in time if at all. If this was true we should see them being installed already since its only 3 days away. Anyone notice these popping up?

It seems odd that they would do that, since the plan is to phase out paper Fastpasses completely. I can't see them spending the money to install extra FP paper machines, only to rip them all out at the end of the year. Then again, I'd never have seen them spending a billion dollars on stupid rubber bracelets and adding Fastpass+'s that slow down all standby lines unnecessarily, either, all the while adding nothing of interest to any park except for a coaster that is taking several years to complete... apparently WDW has become very masochistic toward itself.

Last edited:

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
It seems odd that they would do that, since the plan is to phase out paper Fastpasses completely. I can't see them spending the money to install extra FP paper machines, only to rip them all out at the end of the year. Then again, I'd never have seen them spending billions on stupid rubber bracelets and adding Fastpass+'s that slow down all standby lines unnecessarily, either...
Those were my thoughts exactly on adding the MB readers to paper FP.

ddrongowski

I'm with you. If I can't get a KTTW card, I plan on stringing a lanyard hook or a keyring through one of the holes in my MagicBand and either wearing it around my neck or hooking it to the inside of my park bag, a tiny crossbody purse with a sewn-in key hook on a ribbon (it will make the MB easy to remove for scanning, but it won't get dropped or lost since I don't have to detach it from the key hook). I hate the sensation of anything on my wrist -- I never wear watches and avoid bracelets for that reason.
See I am different on the watch thing. I have worn a wrist watch for 38 years. But the MB gave me a painful rash, and I am not allergic to plastics.

G00fyDad

The pure hatred for these bands still makes me laugh. Really. I went with an open mind and expected to be indifferent toward the band by the end of my trip. I break out when I wear a watch, but the band never broke me out. I loved it. Completely. I even fell asleep twice on my trip with it still attached to me wrist. That is how little I noticed it on me.

ddrongowski

The pure hatred for these bands still makes me laugh. Really. I went with an open mind and expected to be indifferent toward the band by the end of my trip. I break out when I wear a watch, but the band never broke me out. I loved it. Completely. I even fell asleep twice on my trip with it still attached to me wrist. That is how little I noticed it on me.
It's not hate, after all it is a piece of plastic and electronics. Never hate or love anything that cannot hate or love you back. Dislike for the red burning rash it left, yes, but not hate. I can always find a way around a problem, and that is what I will do as I posted above.

G00fyDad

It's not hate, after all it is a piece of plastic and electronics. Never hate or love anything that cannot hate or love you back. Dislike for the red burning rash it left, yes, but not hate. I can always find a way around a problem, and that is what I will do as I posted above.

As is your right. No one said not to. I still find the hate funny.

KLR

We're a little behind the curve and although we had gotten a one-page flyer in the mail about getting Magic Bands for our trip next month, I just called yesterday with the question about being able to get regular FP in addition to the FP+ since we'll be park-hopping every day and was told yes, the regular FP will still be available. And now it sounds like they won't...or will they...or...I'm so confused. :confused:

EpcotCenter82

According to the Walt Disney World website "If you prefer, you may elect to use a card instead of a MagicBand. Cards contain a passive HF Radio Frequency chip and cannot be detected by the long-range readers."

I also plan to request a card on my next trip, I do not want to wear a magic band.

KappleB2

We're a little behind the curve and although we had gotten a one-page flyer in the mail about getting Magic Bands for our trip next month, I just called yesterday with the question about being able to get regular FP in addition to the FP+ since we'll be park-hopping every day and was told yes, the regular FP will still be available. And now it sounds like they won't...or will they...or...I'm so confused. :confused:

Exactly! There in 2 weeks and I don't really have any idea what to expect!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom