Next phase of MyMagic+ testing will remove the Key to the World Card

Weather_Lady

You'd think they would get the MagicBands working consistently FIRST, before removing the "safety net" of the long-proven and more reliable KTTW card. I, for one, think that a system which so far functions "most of the time" at best, can't be considered truly functional.

Then again, I suppose it's cheaper to hire bodyguards for the Guest Relations employees who will be beset with angry hordes of glitchy MagicBand users, than it is to make all those plastic cards... ;)

Longers

So do the fast pass machines exist for non resort guests? That means staying on site we are now disadvantaged as we get 3 they get however many they want? Don't know the answer just asking the question!

Ariel484

So do the fast pass machines exist for non resort guests? That means staying on site we are now disadvantaged as we get 3 they get however many they want? Don't know the answer just asking the question!
The way I understood the article from @wdwmagic those with Magic Bands won't get the KTTW card...it didn't mention people without Magic Bands so I assume if you don't have a band you keep your KTTW card.

durangojim

Hopefully you'll still be able to get a back up room key if requested. We're staying at BC next year, and my parents are staying at another resort. We'd like them to be able to take care of our kids one evening and be able to access our room without leaving a magic band with them.

Longers

The way I understood the article from @wdwmagic those with Magic Bands won't get the KTTW card...it didn't mention people without Magic Bands so I assume if you don't have a band you keep your KTTW card.

So my brother who has paid £1000 less than me to stay off property will now also potentially get more fast pass than me (even though I have been able to secure some of mine) doesn't seem right

lostpro9het

So now if you test and don't have an AP you can't get a paper FP? This should elevate the distaste for the bands and the process.

Edit:
Glad I have an AP

Ariel484

So my brother who has paid £1000 less than me to stay off property will now also potentially get more fast pass than me (even though I have been able to secure some of mine) doesn't seem right
I mean...I guess??? I guess the upside is you reserve yours in advance without having to physically pick them up and he arrives at the park and hopes for the best...? o_O

G8rchamps

I'm an AP with my RFID card and magic bands- to date we are able to use both. In fact, I needed my card at Epcot Saturday just to get in. Sunday a white shirt had me "reset" my fingerprint and the MB worked.

007mickey

"For some resort guests arriving around October 27 2013"

Who are the "some"? Do they have some deadline to meet with rolling out the MM+ program? It just seems a little premature to end the KTTW with all the bugs in the system.

Smileyjohnsan

We visited from the UK end of July / August stayed at Old Key West, we were issued KTTW cards, but the system would not let them add our UK issued 14 day Ultimate passes to the KTTW cards, so ended up with Paper Park entry tickets.

Does anyone know if this issue will be addressed when using the new MM+ & MagicBands?

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.

Based on guests in the parks, FP allocations seem to be running out for marquee attractions by 10am so I guess if they get to the park at rope drop then they might get one, possibly two FP for E-Ticket attractions and then be relegated to C/D-Ticket attractions the remainder of the day.

Or... There will be no FP for anyone, only FP+.

Ariel484

Not having the ability to double-dip isn't what concerns me...our upcoming trip is shorter (long weekend) and I don't want to spend a good chunk of it waiting for the CMs at the front desk to re-program my band if it doesn't let me into my room. I do have an RFID AP so at least I can use that to get into the parks if the band doesn't work.

KappleB2

Booo! Not what I wanted to hear two weeks before my trip! Going to have to do my best to remember I'm in my favorite place and do what I know about lines at big rides...get there early!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom