Next Imagineering field Guide is.......

Texzilla

I got a notice from Amazon earlier this week letting me know that the title was going to be shipping sooner than expected. And I got my copy today!!

MJMcBride

I think this makes sense. Animal Kingdom has many more and more complex theming elements than MGM, at least in my opinion. Plus they really need to explian the Dinoland USA theming. :ROFLOL:

I agree. Hopefully, there will be an MGM one as well as one's for the Resorts and DL

SewIn2Disney

Just ordered mine! I cancelled my pre-order, and bought it on Overstock.com. With shipping, it came to 9.96. It was on there for about 7 bucks...how it just came out and is already on overstock.com is beyond me, but hey--I can't wait until it comes!!!

MJMcBride

Bought mine today at Borders with a coupon. Looks great so far, although I notice there is not too much mentioned about the early Beastly Kingdomme ideas.

mickey5888

I hope we don't have to wait too long for the MGM one, because I really want to read about Fantasmic. In fact, they should make a whole book on it!

Plus MGM has Tower of Terror, a billion animatronics in the Great Movie Ride, and Indiana Jones.

FanofDinsey1981

FYI- I had a pre-order with amazon.com for the imagineering field guide to Animal Kingdom, and I got it in today. I was a bit surprised, since the release date was June 1, but I am not complaining!

Richie248

Bought mine this past weekend at Barnes and Nobles. Was also very surprised to see it on the shelf. So far it's a good read. I love the series...

SallyShine

For those of us that haven't read any of these, what are they like? I'm assuming they don't read like a text book if you're so excited to get a new one. Are they a good read for a non-engineer?

Captain Hank

For those of us that haven't read any of these, what are they like? I'm assuming they don't read like a text book if you're so excited to get a new one. Are they a good read for a non-engineer?
Yup. They're written with guests in mind and are meant to be read while in-park. The language is not technical at all. If you have the book Walt Disney Imagineering: A behind the dreams look at making the magic real, then you'll have a good idea of the writing style. Mostly, the books point out the often over-looked details and stories within the parks.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There very good, but don`t expect a history lesson. Aside from one or two great concept pictures they are strictly what you can see in the parks today.

brkgnews

There very good, but don`t expect a history lesson. Aside from one or two great concept pictures they are strictly what you can see in the parks today.
Yeah -- the closest you'll get is maybe a listing of what once was in that spot (for instance, in the MK one, they listed all of the previous "tenants" of the Buzz Lightyear building). But that won't mean much for you in this case since AK's relatively new with relatively little attraction "turnover."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom