Next-Gen queue testing at the Haunted Mansion

the-reason14

I'm all in favor of TSM fp getting the axe only if they bring back the singles line. If they dont bring that back, then they need to keep the fastpass.

shmmrname

I don't know about the retro-fitting of older attractions with these type of additions, but it does bode well for future attractions. The TSMM queue is cool-looking, but I really wish that the Potato Head was more easily viewed for a greater percentage of those in line. I mean, at worst this stuff is just a distraction. And, distractions in a stalled line can be great.

PeoplemoverTTA

Some attractions where interactivity could work are Pirates and Jungle Cruise. It could be incorporated into the existing decor/space for them.

There are many attractions that this will be implimented for. IASW, Pooh, BTMRR, POTC, JC are just a few in MK that will be getting this treatment.

The PoTC queue is my favorite in WDW (and second favorite overall...with Indy at DL first). If there's any queue that doesn't need a game, it's that one. There is so much to do and look at...that queue literally transports you to the Caribbean, and into the story of the attraction. Actually, the queue for PoTC really is part of the attraction, for me at least. An interactive game would completely spoil that.

I guess I have my fanboy (or girl) moments once in awhile :eek:

ttalovebug

The PoTC queue is my favorite in WDW (and second favorite overall...with Indy at DL first). If there's any queue that doesn't need a game, it's that one. There is so much to do and look at...that queue literally transports you to the Caribbean, and into the story of the attraction. Actually, the queue for PoTC really is part of the attraction, for me at least. An interactive game would completely spoil that.

I completely agree. I think some of these ideas really counteract the goal of taking you into the story.

RSoxNo1

I'm kind of with the idea of putting it on Peter Pan, but understand that with the way that line works, it wouldn't really be possible. This and Toy Story are the two rides that I know of that Fast Pass hurts rather than helps. I always remember Pan having a long line, my entire life, but again FP makes it worse.

Saying that, if it can't be used for Pan, I think they should try this out on Toy Story in DHS. Get rid of Fast Pass, which backs that line up for most of the long wait, and put in this interactive stuff. It should pass the dimisnished wait time and make it at least not as awful.

Although, that one line (Toy Story) has to be the most convuluted and claustrophobia inducing lines I've ever been on. Upstairs, downstairs, wedged with no space (at one particular point when I though I was going to pass out), and then a slew of people with FPs for earlier that morning breeze past. I been to WDW enough in my life to know that there are going to be waits. But to know the 90 minute wait is because of the FP? It seems extremely counter productive.

I hate the idea of regular waits of 45 minutes + on attractions that don't have a Fastpass option. While Fastpass certainly lengthens the Standby wait time on attractions, those that understand which attractions require the use of Fastpass for efficient touring reap the benefits.

Having said that, a queue like Toy Story is a bit more manageable during an hour long wait because of everything to see. If they do away with Fastpass at Peter Pan, they would almost have to put in some sort of interactive element in the queue, or at least something besides switchbacks.

More importantly though, removing Fastpass from these attractions is a bandaid solution to park capacity issues. I really feel that on the majority of touring days, guests should be able to navigate the parks without spending more than 30 minutes in any one line, while still being able to see the attractions that they wish to see. Now, if you choose to use the Standby Queue and it's longer than 30 minutes, that's fine - but you should have the ability to utilized a Fastpass. Conceptually this works at the Magic Kingdom and Epcot because they have enough attractions that do not require Fastpass to have a wait under 30 minutes. Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios do not have this luxury.

I'm all in favor of TSM fp getting the axe only if they bring back the singles line. If they dont bring that back, then they need to keep the fastpass.

In DCA the Single Rider line option isn't really advertised that well. To be honest, the queuing systems implemented in Disneyland are substantially worse than those in Disney World. While you can certainly take advantage of single rider lines if you ask the attendant at the attraction entrance, there is seemingly no designated signal rider line. They send you through the Fastpass queue with a slip of paper on Soarin' over California, and at Toy Story Mania they seemingly only operate the Single Rider line on a whim.

Prince Ali

Personally, I think that implementing a single rider line for TSMM seems a lot less useful than other rides just because of the small capacity of each car.

I'd love to see more interactivity and immersiveness in attraction queues, provided they don't take away from the overall Disney experience. And while potato head is an awesome addition, things throughout the entire (or more of the queue at least) would be a welcome addition IMHO.

the-reason14

Personally, I think that implementing a single rider line for TSMM seems a lot less useful than other rides just because of the small capacity of each car.

I'd love to see more interactivity and immersiveness in attraction queues, provided they don't take away from the overall Disney experience. And while potato head is an awesome addition, things throughout the entire (or more of the queue at least) would be a welcome addition IMHO.

A single line actually works really well at DCA for TSM. I think it would work well at mgm too.

benji

I'm not a big fan of queue games and interaction. I found that on Space Mountain it makes the line move slower before you get to the game area where people are playing.

the-reason14

I agree I loved the single riders when they had it. I think that they should do away with the fastpass but brign the single riders back.

Amen! That whole fastpass side could be a single line. It can continue up through the tent on the right side where the single line used to be. The regular line would move much faster. The only problem is that the singles line would be really long if it ever stretched out far like the fastpass was on my recent trip. The one at DCA is a little more discreet, and I think that helps a bit.

Figment1986

A single line actually works really well at DCA for TSM. I think it would work well at mgm too.

Amen! That whole fastpass side could be a single line. It can continue up through the tent on the right side where the single line used to be. The regular line would move much faster. The only problem is that the singles line would be really long if it ever stretched out far like the fastpass was on my recent trip. The one at DCA is a little more discreet, and I think that helps a bit.

One issue with midway mania at WDW that didn't help single rider line was the fact many families who go to WDW on vacation are even amounts. Test track works for single ride as it's 3 to a row so a family of 4 and 2 single riders fill up a car. It works on RNRC and Everest the same way because it's geared for thrill seekers and less families so odd amounts tend to occur more often than on family attraction like midway mania.

At DCA because the single rider line is discrete and the fact the park has a balance of more locals to tourists (and doesn't have Fast pass in addition to everything else) it helps keep the single rider line moving enough. Even RNRC has to close it's single rider line down at times when it backs up, same with Everest... but at Midway mania I used it once and got stuck standing in the upper hallway for like 30 minutes, and there isn't much air movement up there.

the-reason14

One issue with midway mania at WDW that didn't help single rider line was the fact many families who go to WDW on vacation are even amounts. Test track works for single ride as it's 3 to a row so a family of 4 and 2 single riders fill up a car. It works on RNRC and Everest the same way because it's geared for thrill seekers and less families so odd amounts tend to occur more often than on family attraction like midway mania.

At DCA because the single rider line is discrete and the fact the park has a balance of more locals to tourists (and doesn't have Fast pass in addition to everything else) it helps keep the single rider line moving enough. Even RNRC has to close it's single rider line down at times when it backs up, same with Everest... but at Midway mania I used it once and got stuck standing in the upper hallway for like 30 minutes, and there isn't much air movement up there.

I somewhat see what you're saying. And if they were to get rid of fastpass in favor of a singles line, it would cause a few people to wait in it with their group in hopes for standing in a shorter line. Similar to E:E and Rnrc. Maybe this is something they could test one day possibly during a slow time when fastpasses aren't needed as much. I still think it could work, but at the same time you raise a good point.

I just enjoyed it at DCA so much because I was able to ride it what felt like 100s of times a day. And I loved that section of the park because I could easily go from TSM, to CS, to the Maliboomer. Guess Ill have to go back to DL for that.

DisneyDellsDude

I agree with you too.

RSoxNo1

I somewhat see what you're saying. And if they were to get rid of fastpass in favor of a singles line, it would cause a few people to wait in it with their group in hopes for standing in a shorter line. Similar to E:E and Rnrc. Maybe this is something they could test one day possibly during a slow time when fastpasses aren't needed as much. I still think it could work, but at the same time you raise a good point.

I just enjoyed it at DCA so much because I was able to ride it what felt like 100s of times a day. And I loved that section of the park because I could easily go from TSM, to CS, to the Maliboomer. Guess Ill have to go back to DL for that.

Fastpass is "needed" every day at Toy Story Mania. I have been there on the slowest days of the year, and all the Fastpasses have been distributed by 2 PM at the latest. I'd be interested to see if anyone has seen them running much past then.

the-reason14

Fastpass is "needed" every day at Toy Story Mania. I have been there on the slowest days of the year, and all the Fastpasses have been distributed by 2 PM at the latest. I'd be interested to see if anyone has seen them running much past then.

I think you're right. TSM is the one ride I've heard of having the longest lines during the slowest times. No fastpass would make the standby line move much quicker, but I think you're right when you say it "needs" it.

fosse76

As crowds continue to grow at the worlds most popular vacation spot, Disney is coming up with things to keep people interested and immersed in a theme while they are waiting in never-ending long lines. HM is only one of many planned.

What do crowds in Times Square have to do with Disney (while not the World's most visited tourist destination, Times Square is America's most popular destination, followed by the Las Vegas Strip, the National Mall and Faneuil Hall Marketplace in Boston. Disney is 5th). I believe Paris is the most popular vacation destination in the world.

devoy1701

No one else things this thing looks cheesy and like it was put together with just some plywood and glue???

yuck IMO!!! :hurl:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom