Next Gen Mickey to become permanent

Wesleyjohn

I made my family wait on line for 45 minutes to see him on our November trip, because the CM outside TST said he speaks "depending if he is in the mood". So we rolled the dice hoping to get him and he didn't speak. Needless to say after being forced to wait 45 minutes on line for a meet & greet - my husband didn't speak for the next hour. :lol:

I had a CM say something similar to me. Thankfully the comment seemed rehearsed to me and my wife so I took a second to ask another CM and got the straight answer , "No he's not in test phases anymore". Hopefully soon he'll be there. Really cool to watch it during shows. This was this past November

Maerj

I would happily wait for 45 minutes to do a talking Mickey M&G. Regular character, no, but the next gen talking ones YES!

I also agree about Pluto being next. He just barks, has to be the easiest one to do.

AEfx

This is the ONLY thing I am even remotely interested in this "next gen" nonsense.

Does anyone know the tech behind it? I take it that it's not prerecorded - is the person in the suit using a voice synth, or is someone behind the scenes doing it (i.e. so two people are required to operate him)?

the-reason14

This is the ONLY thing I am even remotely interested in this "next gen" nonsense.

Does anyone know the tech behind it? I take it that it's not prerecorded - is the person in the suit using a voice synth, or is someone behind the scenes doing it (i.e. so two people are required to operate him)?

I agree!! And i too wonder how the tech works. From the video I've seen, you can tell its tech instead of a 'real' time conversation. Certain pauses and stuff, but its nice regardless especially since its in its early stages. Hope I get to talk to mickey soon.

NoChesterHester

I agree!! And i too wonder how the tech works. From the video I've seen, you can tell its tech instead of a 'real' time conversation. Certain pauses and stuff, but its nice regardless especially since its in its early stages. Hope I get to talk to mickey soon.

I seem to remember someone posting the patent for this tech some time back. Very cool however it works.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I heard from a source that I trust that it's actually a voice modulator. Everything with a grain of salt, of course.
IF it's not something that'll get me fired, I'll find out when I start the College Program on the 18th and let you know for sure.

the-reason14

I heard from a source that I trust that it's actually a voice modulator. Everything with a grain of salt, of course.
IF it's not something that'll get me fired, I'll find out when I start the College Program on the 18th and let you know for sure.

Cool! Yes, if you could find out more, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to hear more lol. But don't get in trouble. Either way, its amazing tech and it seems it can just improve over time. The skies the limit with it.

bullsforthewin

Just make sure you dont give you name when you post the info lol...have fun with your CP...choose chatham as your apartment complex it is the best of the three

Magenta Panther

When I visited City Hall during my trip to WDW earlier this month, I asked a CM there about "talking Mickey". He told me they'd quit using him a few weeks ago. I was sooooo disappointed. :(

BrerPete

Talking Mickey means even longer character wait times. That's the problem with the princesses. They talk waaaayyyyy too much.

FlaMel

Posting the details of this technology would definitely get you fired :brick:

I like this idea, I would love to see the look on my nepew's face when Mickey address's him that would be a nice site... for that matter i think i would be like a kid again!

I like the NextGen Mickey, but after years of growing up without talking or blinking it kind of freaks me out a little too. Still it's sooo cool and it's like you're really talking to the real Mickey. :p

The first time we were watching Dream Along with Mickey, me and my sister were looking at eachother going "something's off...." Then she was like "OH MY GOD MICKEY IS MOVING HIS MOUTH." We were amazed and freaked out. :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom