Next Attraction For DAK?

DKampy

Original Poster
This is just speculation on my part... To my knowledge there is not even a rumor at this point. I was looking at the park maps I have at home...getting excited about my up comming trip in May...it striked me that Africa could use at least 1 more attraction.

It appears that every land in DAK has at least 3 attractions if not more..even if it is just a character meet and greet. Africa only has 2. I am sure the immagineers must be looking at what to do with DAK next. It has improved with EE and the Nemo show...but could use a little more to improve in the eyes of the regular park guest. I'm thinking the logical step would be another attraction in Africa...even if it is just a show. might spread out the crowds a little more...just a thought.

ToTBellHop

This is just speculation on my part... To my knowledge there is not even a rumor at this point. I was looking at the park maps I have at home...getting excited about my up comming trip in May...it striked me that Africa could use at least 1 more attraction.

It appears that every land in DAK has at least 3 attractions if not more..even if it is just a character meet and greet. Africa only has 2. I am sure the immagineers must be looking at what to do with DAK next. It has improved with EE and the Nemo show...but could use a little more to improve in the eyes of the regular park guest. I'm thinking the logical step would be another attraction in Africa...even if it is just a show. might spread out the crowds a little more...just a thought.
You are correct in your thoughts. There are strong considerations going into adding some much-needed capacity to an over-crowded Africa. Very astute observation on your part. Good chance the next addition to AK will be in Africa (as opposed to a new land--a single new ride is cheaper).

DisneyMusician2

Next attraction will be Africa: The Ivory Hunt. You can hunt down your OWN ELEPHANT! Disney will even take the head and tusks and gift wrap them on a special Mickey plaque! (Honestly, I am hoping for some sort of dark-ish African kind of attraction.)

RiversideBunny

What about something connected with South America?
Maybe an Amazon ride.
It's called Animal Kingdom but currently only has Africa and Asia and dinsosaurs and bugs.

With an name like AK, it could add most anything connected with animals.

:)

erasure fan1

A new Arican Pin Station... or a great Meet'n Greet... :lookaroun

With a play area! Dont forget that!

I too think AK needs at the very least a mid level attraction, an e-ticket is not needed at this point. Of course I wouldnt complain if they did an e-ticket either. I would like to see a proper Lion king attraction, not a show or movie. It would be a dark ride with AAs not projection screens. Its one of Disneys best movies ever and has a whole lotta nothing to show for it. (I know a lot of people like the AK lion king show, but I am not a show kind of guy.)

PigletIsMyCat

I think a Lion King based ride would be a great idea! I also think (like someone else suggested) that a dark ride in Africa would fit well. I think part of the problem might be the lack of animal-related ride ideas. You can only have so many walk throughs or safaris. A lot of people think of Animal Kingdom as an over priced, well themed zoo with a couple of thrill rides. The Nile and Egypt are other things in Africa... what about a water ride down the Nile River?? I'm thinking as I'm typing, so it might not be the best idea....

I'm still hoping to see those dragons and unicorns somewhere other than the benches. But I won't hold my breath...

CThaddeus

Hmm...will unicorns and dragons fit into Africa?

:D

Kevin

Okay, I wasn't supposed to say this, but my friend, who is the son of the uncle of the sister of the dog of a guy who knows someone big at Imagineering told me that the name of the attraction changed today. It's now going to be Harry Potter and the Beastlie Kingdomme. He'll probably get fired for telling me that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom