Next Annoucements?

etwtec

Original Poster
So when is the next WDW press event? Or when should they be announcing whats going to be happening next year as far as a campaign or whatever? Odds has it there will be a continuation of "Let The Memories Begin" or MAYBE some type of mixture of "Let The Memories Begin" Plus the 40th, like "40 Years of Memories"?

SeaCastle

The D23 Expo is this August, but Disney doesn't always wait for an event like that to announce something big. Usually, in the beginning of October they have some sort of press conference, though in recent years they haven't been terribly newsworthy.

The next big announcement we'll probably hear will be for the Grand Floridian DVC wing (should they announce it it at all). The two rides nearest in the pipeline are supposedly Imagination 4 or the Monsters Inc. coaster, but I haven't read anything online about them getting the green light. Though it would be a bit embarassing for Universal to announce their expanded Potterland with WDW having nothing to compete with it.

Frank&Ollie

I can honestly say I would like no major updates. I'd like to wait and see what the new Fantasy Land expansion will be like.

There has been so much coming, big or really small over the past few years. Let's give Disney a year off to take a step back and evaluate :shrug:

On the otherhand, some small things like next gen characters, RFID implementation would be really cool!

raiden

I can honestly say I would like no major updates. I'd like to wait and see what the new Fantasy Land expansion will be like.

There has been so much coming, big or really small over the past few years. Let's give Disney a year off to take a step back and evaluate :shrug:

On the otherhand, some small things like next gen characters, RFID implementation would be really cool!

They've had the pAst 5 years off. It's time for updates resort wide.

lebeau

You must be the guy (or gal) Disney has had in mind the past few years. I expect you're probably in luck. Seed and mulch for everyone!

(yeah, I'm being snarky. no offense intended)

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

Frank&Ollie is Crofton, Crofton is Frank&Ollie, Crofton is on the boards.

devoy1701

Are you kidding....what has been coming has been nothing near what the Resort is overdue for! With the 40th Aniversary Year starting on Oct 1st and no changes/new attractions/new shows being tied to it yet, I am definitely expecting an annoucement and would definitely be disappointed if no announcment happens.

Everything that has been updated or being built at the moment is what I hope is a new wave of care and attitude towards WDW. I would love for an announcement of one new attraction in each park as a celebration for the 40th. Atleast at the other 3 parks!

menamechris

I seriously hope you are joking. The only other explanation can be that you work for Universal. However, you will probably get your wish. They are trying desperately to make the Star Wars update an "event" that they can piggyback for awhile (as I am sure they will TRY to do the same with the Tiki Room), and I am sure the Fantasyland Expansion will buy them a few years to sit on their hands. It's quite pathetic actually... Meanwhile HS and AK will continue to become less and less relevant...

devoy1701

I seriously hope you are joking. The only other explanation can be that you work for Universal. However, you will probably get your wish. They are trying desperate to make the Star Wars update an "event" that they can piggyback for awhile (as I am sure they will TRY to do the same with the Tiki Room), and I am sure the Fantasyland Expansion will buy them a few years to sit on their hands. It's quite pathetic actually... Meanwhile HS and AK will continue to become less and less relevant...

Actually Chris I would rephrase that to say that Epcot and AK are becoming less and less relevant. In the past 3 years, DHS has received American Idol, Toy Story, and Star Tours 2. While they are not all major attractions, that's a pretty significant list of attractions while Epcot and AK have received next to nothing for the past 5 years.

menamechris

Actually Chris I would rephrase that to say that Epcot and AK are becoming less and less relevant. In the past 3 years, DHS has received American Idol, Toy Story, and Star Tours 2. While they are not all major attractions, that's a pretty significant list of attractions while Epcot and AK have received next to nothing for the past 5 years.

That is true - and while I personally do not find the additions (or replacements, rather) at HS to be near what the park needs - I do admit that they are attempts to update the park.

misterID

:eek: :confused:

This has GOT to be sarcasm... Or a TDO plant... I'm just... I'm lost for words. :lookaroun

AK and EPCOT need major updates.

stitch2008

I seriously hope you are joking. The only other explanation can be that you work for Universal. However, you will probably get your wish. They are trying desperately to make the Star Wars update an "event" that they can piggyback for awhile (as I am sure they will TRY to do the same with the Tiki Room), and I am sure the Fantasyland Expansion will buy them a few years to sit on their hands. It's quite pathetic actually... Meanwhile HS and AK will continue to become less and less relevant...

:eek: :confused:

This has GOT to be sarcasm... Or a TDO plant... I'm just... I'm lost for words. :lookaroun

Or maybe he just has a different opinion then you do. :brick: For the record, I don't agree with what he says. And your allowed to say you don't agree. But "TDO plant" or "Universal Worker"? Come on now.

trr1

Kukla,Meg and Ollie
kukla_fran_ollie.jpg
Meg_Crofton.jpg

menamechris

Or maybe he just has a different opinion then you do. :brick: For the record, I don't agree with what he says. And your allowed to say you don't agree. But "TDO plant" or "Universal Worker"? Come on now.

You are making it sound like working for TDO or Universal is the worst insult in the world. :p

misterID

And maybe we're just voicing our opinions, too? I was thinking I might have been too harsh by your post, but looking at it again, I think it's pretty obvious that I was just joking, not being mean. Along with the other posters.

My bold highlights of his post remind me of what someone at TDO would post if pretending to be a poster on these boards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom