NewfieFan's Amazing August Trip!

NewfieFan's Amazing August Trip! (Better late than never!)

Yes, this TR is just a few months late! But I've moved twice in the last four months... give me a break!

The players;
Me (aka NewfieFan)
Hubby
Son (6)
Daughter (3)
Best friend - Natasha (first timer)
Brother (aka Uncle Matt) - he was coming from the other side of the country (Alberta to be precise).

Thought you'd all love to hear about my adventures...

We were suppose to fly out of St. John's Newfoundland on Monday Aug. 24th but Hurricane Bill had a surprise for us! We had left our hometown on Thursday 20th b/c we wanted to spend some time in the city before we flew out. I was pretty much packed for the most part... had a few last minute things I was going to pack and/or buy while in St. John's.
Hurricane Bill was headed straight for NL and was suppose to hit Monday morning (exactly the same time as our flight would be taking off). Thursday evening... Bill was still on course, Friday... Bill was still on course! At this point I was freaking out! Then they put out a travel advisory and we called Westjet to see what was going on! They were flying people out early (at no extra cost) if the flight or seats were available. I told them my situation and they had 1 flight Saturday morning with 5 seats left (the exact # of seats I needed). I took it!!!

So let's just set the scene here for a minute. It is now 10:30pm Friday night and I just found out I'm leaving for the airport at 4am Saturday morning! If my math is correct that is 5 1/2 hours away! Let's just say I didn't sleep. I threw the kids in the bed and started in packing! It was crazy!!! I also called Disney to see if they had somewhere to put 5 of us for two nights and if we could change our DME. They had a room at the YC available... and we said, "What the heck, you only live once!"

And this is where our adventure begins. The flight was perfect (although my husband said I was drooling in my sleep on the plane), everybody was in good spirits (despite the lack of sleep), and we arrived in Orlando safe and sound. Take that Hurricane Bill!!!

We boarded DME and we were off to the YC!

Here is my son pointing everything out to the first timer (the kids call her Tashie), he didn't want her to miss anything along the way.

2roox2e.jpg

Is there any sweeter sight in the world...?

2iizgi9.jpg

And the YC... one word, "Wow!" Our room was just lovely and Natasha thanked us for bringing her to WDW (she was quite excited to have arrived)!

34zdmhi.jpg

We checked out our surroundings and decided to get something to eat - we were starving (I don't think I had eaten since Friday evening)!

Who doesn't love their food in a bucket!?!

fkm8ur.jpg

We decided to head over to Beaches & Cream (b/c we had heard so much about it) and get some dessert. Hubby got a shake and the kids just had some plain ice cream... but I was too stressed out from the night before to eat (I get like that)!

"I finished all my ice cream!"

9amxxj.jpg

And now it was time to check out the awesomeness otherwise known as Stormalong Bay!

2copji9.jpg

My husband fell asleep while we were changing, so it was just me, the kids, and Tashie going for a swim tonight!

Swimming in the night time is such a treat for us. You can't do that around these parts (brrrrrrr)! Here is the kids and Tashie enjoying some night time pool!

30utgrb.jpg

2dugljl.jpg

We left the pool and walked down to the bridge to see if we could catch a glimpse of ROE. It was so exciting to be so close to Epcot! But we would have to wait until Monday before we could see a park!

Tashie was still "rearing to go" so after our swim and fireworks we decided to go for a little walk. We had to go back to the room to change again and now we lost male #2. My son curled up next to daddy and went sound asleep. But the girls were still "on the go" - who needs sleep when you're at Disney!?!

So the females headed out to the...

20h3wg9.jpg

This whole resort area is just beautiful. I feel in love with it. Walking the Boardwalk was just so peaceful. And Natasha actually screamed when she saw the tops of SSE! I think it sunk in that she was actually at WDW. We walked the whole length of the BW and came around the other side of the BC. We stopped to relax on the beach swings... I don't think either of us wanted this night to end!

dxzn5x.jpg

But we had to call it a night! It was quite late and at this point I had been up for over 38hrs!

NewfieFan

Original Poster
Day 2

We started our day (after a wonderful night's sleep) with breakfast on our balcony. The balcony was HUGE and we shared it with three other rooms (I think) but we were the only ones using it! We had a nice view over the front of the resort as well!

11ipt3n.jpg

And then we spent the morning at Stormalong Bay... and what fun it was!

We rented one of the double tubes for an hour and enjoyed the lazy river.
(My husband says balancing two kids on your mid section while trying to maneuver the lazy river is quite the workout... for anyone who's interested!)

24w699u.jpg

All swimmed out!

313689w.jpg

Oh, I have to show off my pedicure! (Do you like my hidden Mickeys?)

14uxjqf.jpg

Next we headed back to the room to shower and get ready to hit the town (Downtown Disney that is)!

Me and my bff!

2n0rm6r.jpg

The kids checking out the hidden Mickey on the globe in the lobby.

2psj0jc.jpg

We went straight to Wolfgang Puck Express for a late lunch/early supper and while eating we had some of the hardest rain I've ever seen in Florida! I warned Natasha about the rain this time of year and she said, "you weren't kidding!" So, we hung out at the restaurant just a little longer - our server was great and even gave the kids free cookies to keep 'em entertained! The food was good (as usual)! My son particularly enjoyed his pizza!

246qey9.jpg

After the monsoon passed over we hit up the usual places in DTD...

epofiv.jpg

Apparently this is what my daughter would look like on a t-shirt...

2uh4vt3.jpg

Day 2 continued in next post...

maggiegrace1

Gorgeous kids..:)

Great pics..Looking forward to the rest!..

Oh..and I have to say..your 3 year old is so much taller then my 4 year old..;):lol:

NewfieFan

Original Poster
I'm embrassed to say but this was my first time going in the Art of Disney store. Oh the things one could buy if one had money!?!

esoxlc.jpg

154v7s3.jpg

I think this little beauty of IASW cost more than our trip!

2dvq3rm.jpg

The kids liked watching the artist at work (I know, she's drawing your favorite character)!

vpgch4.jpg

Here's the kids getting wet and the balloon in the background (that we never did get to ride).

208tw91.jpg

So many stuffed animals, so little time... (my son is soaked from the fountain as you can see).

24zglq9.jpg

Well, once you're wet to your underwear it's time to call it a night!

313lu77.jpg

Day 3

This would be our last day waking up at the YC! And while we were a little sad... we were excited for the rest of the trip that lay ahead. We were transferring over to ASMusic, we were getting our tickets, heading out to a park for the first time this trip, and I was going to be meeting my brother this evening (who I hadn't seen in a year btw)!

2hyf43c.jpg

11ah842.jpg

We had breakfast at the BW Bakery and walked the "loop" around! After, I think everyone went for one last swim but I stayed back at the room to pack everything up b/c our luggage was being transferred for us and we had to be out by 11am!

Before leaving we checked out the gift shop and gave Disney some more money! (My kids thought the boat was cute!)

23qohy.jpg

Day 3 continued in next post...

NewfieFan

Original Poster
Gorgeous kids..:)

Great pics..Looking forward to the rest!..

Oh..and I have to say..your 3 year old is so much taller then my 4 year old..;):lol:

Ha! :lol: She's a monster... I practically buy the same size clothing for both my children.

Thanks! :wave:

NewfieFan

Original Poster
Before leaving the YC we wanted to take one last walk around and say our goodbyes to our home sweet home for the past two days. On our journey we walked past a salon and decided to get my daughters hair cut. It had never been cut before (she's 3 1/2 at this point) and she didn't really want to hear talk of it! But when we suggested it she hopped up in the chair like it was no big deal! (Kids... they surprise you all the time!)

oa9dow.jpg

Here is the new and improved daughter of mine...

2cxt0nl.jpg

She even let the hair stylist wash her hair in the sink and not a peep out of her!
I think it is so special that her first haircut was at Disney!

Glamour shot! (She was diggin' the little braid the hair stylist put in for her - she thought it was "cool"!)

amcnic.jpg

We decided to take the boat over to DHS and then transfer to a bus there. Such a lovely ride on those boats...

4he2iw.jpg

Bye bye YC! Hopefully we'll see you soon...

Next stop... ASMusic!

We had done online check-in and the whole process was pretty quick and painless. Our room wasn't quite ready so we stopped for a bite in the food court. You know, say what you will but the food in the food court is pretty darn good for CS! We had our tickets and our free dining plan... now it was time to eat like kings! Just as we finished our meal my husband got the text that our room was ready, so off we went to check out our family suite (it was our first time staying in one).

The suite is sweet!

w0kemw.jpg

2l948iq.jpg

sgpe1h.jpg

2s77tqt.jpg

And now it was time to head out to Epcot... and just as we opened the door our luggage showed up (great timing). But I didn't unpack, I had me some Epcot to explore!

You have to take a picture of the first monorail sighting!

faac6x.jpg

Day 3 continued in next post (wow, day 3 is turning out to be a long one)...

NewfieFan

Original Poster
Ok, so we're still on Day 3 here!

First we headed to...

2d2a9vn.jpg

My son likes this place b/c his mommy and daddy let him drink pop (yes, where we come from we call soda, "pop")!

SSE was a walk on and it's always a good attraction to start the vacation off. I thought it was a nice introduction for Natasha as well - this was her first WDW ride! She really liked it! And we actually took our time in the post show and had some fun. Some of the games are quite entertaining... I would recommend you check this area out if you haven't already!

2eekffs.jpg

2zisl8g.jpg

Next we went over to The Seas and rode one of my daughter's favorite rides. And we spent a bit of time in here as well, checkin' out the exhibits and letting the kids play. Natasha really enjoyed this pavilion as she loves fish!

hwwi6p.jpg

8vwvmo.jpg

29c0su9.jpg

Just as we were leaving The Seas my brother called and he was on his way to meet us. The funny thing was was that my brother had been in Florida for the last two days as well but he had rented a bike and was bootin' around on it. We had no way to get a hold of him to let him know that we were also in Florida (b/c we had flown down two days early). So we just had to wait for him to call when he arrived at the resort.

Anyways, we were meeting him in Mexico! On our way I saw this and just had to take a picture...

s4oohx.jpg

Doesn't Imagination look pretty?

The fountain took my son by surprise (he opted not to get soaking wet this evening)!

2mwb49l.jpg

Finally we see Uncle Matt! (He hasn't changed a bit since the last time I saw him and the kids already love him!)

orkuap.jpg

I'm pretty sure we're the first ones to put on these hats and take a picture of it (how original)!?!

29476v9.jpg

Day 3 continued in next post... (this day just keeps going and going)

NewfieFan

Original Poster
And now for some "normal" fountain shots...

2wfiwrt.jpg

fbmddh.jpg

Everybody's belly was starting to rumble so it was off to find food. Hubby and Natasha wanted to try Yakitori House but my brother didn't want something quite as "ethnic". He headed for the American pavilion and of course the kids wanted to go with Uncle Matt so I followed along. I waited and waited for my hubby to call and I was starting to getting a little antsy b/c ROE was starting soon. Finally they called and said they were by the lagoon so off we went to meet them. It wasn't the best location to see ROE (there were trees in our way) but it was ok. My husband and Natasha sat on the ground eating their food while the rest of us watched the best show in WDW (my opinion)!

We took our time walking out of Epcot and got stopped by the bridge as it was letting the barge through. My son thought that was "cool" to watch. He entertained himself with the drums while waiting.

s6t4c9.jpg

On our way out I forced everyone to sit down and wait for a fountain show b/c it's just a little tradition of mine. I love the FON and have to watch a show on my first night! The fountain wasn't working in between shows but I had read (on here, of course) that the shows were still playing despite that. Well, there was no show... but we did get to sit down for a little while and let the crowds thin out! It wasn't all bad!

We said good night to Epcot and made our way to the bus.

Day 4

Everyone was up bright and early for our first morning at the MK (even my brother who couldn't have been bothered with mornings on our last trip).

Good morning MK!

2nroh6s.jpg

We saw the opening show (always a great way to start your day) and headed in... but first we had to stop and pick up Mickey confetti!

Where else in the world do they have bubbles coming out of garbage cans?

309319u.jpg

We're very excited Peter Pan is only a 5 min. wait (it pays to get up early)!

15i3pft.jpg

And then a spin on our favorite elephant...

29n9m4k.jpg

It was already very hot by this point so we cooled off over with Ariel! (These are PhotoPass pics)

300748h.jpg

e84faq.jpg

She was so great! Everyone loved her! (I'll tell you a little secret... I wanted to be the Little Mermaid when I grew up!)

Next it was off to everyone's favorite ride (or at least everyone's favorite song, right)!?!

14c8hlv.jpg

After that we headed over to Pooh to get some FPs and this was when the morning really got fun. Uncle Matt puts his hand in his pocket to get his KTTW card and it's gone... along with his ID and credit cards. The works of it lost!!! We told the CM that was taking care of the FP machines what was going on. She was nice enough to give my brother a FP and then she said she would make a few calls for us. I went with my brother back to Peter Pan to see if they had found anything... and nope! Then we went back to Pooh and there was the same CM with a big grin on her face telling us to go back to IASW b/c they might have something we're interested in! Sure enough they had found all of it and gave it right back to him. What a miracle that was! So, like any good sister I took his stuff and carried it around for him!

Day 4 continued in next post...

NewfieFan

Original Poster
Well, after all that excitment we decided we needed to sit down in some air conditioning, so off to Mickey's PhilharMagic we went. My daughter still doesn't like the part where the corks blow in her face but she loves wearing the glasses!

1ytgu8.jpg

That show is my brother's favorite - he loves Donald!

Then it was over to the Carousel.

6nyq8g.jpg

6fa8zm.jpg

And of course, more cool down time in PPS!

f3tah5.jpg

Finally we made it over to the Pooh ride with our FPs. And apparently we just couldn't get enough of Pooh b/c by now it was time to head over to the Crystal Palace for our ADR! We didn't have to wait too long for our table and I was excited for Natasha to be eating in her first Disney restaurant (and character meal too). The CP never disappoints... the food and the characters were great!

Eeyore has always been our favorite at the CP.

20gnzix.jpg

Boys will be boys!

1zr2ftg.jpg

My daughter is still a little nervous around the characters.

wsmrvb.jpg

We were going to head back to the resort right after lunch but my son and husband wanted to see what the wait time was for...

j8ehyo.jpg

My son has never been brave enough to go on HM and all he talked about leading up to this trip was that he was going to ride it. The wait time was only 10 mins so we hopped in line. He got a little scared in the stretching room but he was fine. And my daughter didn't bat an eyelash! After that we took a bus back to the resort. It was a great morning at the MK!

In the past, we've always taken the kids back to the resort for a rest/nap in the midde of the day (especially when we have early mornings). But we had to change our routine this trip. The kids are getting older and there was no way either one of them was going to lie down in the hotel room. So we decided to let them go down to the pool to cool off seeing as how we were already back at the resort.

Well, what a fun time we had in the pool! ASMusic has it goin' on in the afternoon!

The giant beach ball was a huge hit (pardon the pun)!

iefmvc.jpg

We could spend all day here!

ohpob6.jpg

After we had soaked and swam the afternoon away we made our way back to the room to freshen up for a lovely evening at the MK. Little did we know what mother nature had in store for us...

Day 4 continued in next post...

NewfieFan

Original Poster
Just as we were entering the MK we caught this just starting...

15dxrb9.jpg

We headed straight to Cosmic Rays for supper. This time we sat down by Sonny to listen to him. I think his show needs to be a little longer b/c we started to hear the same things over again before we finished our meal.

After our food it was straight to BTMR. My husband took the two kids and went to the little play area under Splash Mountain. (My son is just not into rides at all... the fact he happily went on SSE and Nemo the night before was progress for us! And HM was a huge accomplishment for him!) We were only in the queue for a couple of minutes when people started walking the other way. A few strangers stopped and told the rest of us that the ride was shut down due to weather. Now, there were some pretty dark clouds in the sky but what weather were they talking about!?! Then we heard the loudest clap of thunder and it started to pour. I was wrong the day before... this was hardest rain I had ever seen in Florida! We ran to the play area where my hubby and kids were, and of course hundreds of other people had the same idea we had. It was packed, hot, and very sticky in there! Here is my brother hiding from the kids and the rain.

2ldvk7t.jpg

Anyways, we stayed there as long as we could but we decided we were just going to have to brave this rain and make our way out. It was raining so hard and of course my brother didn't have a poncho. So, first we had to stop in a gift shop to get a poncho. The gift shop was packed along with every other indoor ride, shop, or restaurant. We started to make our way out... there really was no point to stay! On the way down Main Street my husband suggested we stop into the Bakery for dessert/snack. I said, "What's the point it's probably packed in there too and where would we sit!?!" But it wasn't as bad as I thought and we even found a table. I held the table and watched the kids while the rest went to buy the treats. Here's what they came back with...

29xc7lv.jpg

We shared all of it and it was all soooo good! We had a lovely time sitting in our ponchos stuffing our faces. I was glad my husband convinced me to stop here.

By now the rain had slowed down to a light shower and the park was empty! I suggested we make our way back into the park and see what was open. We walked onto JC and had the best ride I've ever had. Our skipper was great and the JC is so fun in the night time. If you've never done this ride in the dark, I do recommend! Then we skipped over to POTC splashing in puddles along the way. This ride was empty and it was almost a little creepy it was so deserted in there. My son loved both rides and we were impressed that he was fine on POTC. Tashie grabbed me during the fall... she wasn't expecting it! It was loads of fun!

After two fun filled rides we headed out to the hub to see Wishes. It was still lightly raining and the park was still empty. I stayed off to the side with the kids but Natasha went off by herself to get front and center. It was beautiful in the rain and such a different feel. When Natasha returned she had water in her eyes (and I knew it wasn't from the rain drops)... someone else had discovered the magic of Disney World!

It turned out to be an amazing evening in the MK!

I have no pictures from this evening's events b/c it was just too wet and dark to take out my camera!

Back to the resort to dry off and tuck ourselves in for the night.

Day 5

We started this morning bright and early as well. Epcot was on the agenda and I had lots of plans. I sent everyone over to TT while my brother and I went to get FPs for Soarin. When I got to Soarin I didn't have my son's KTTW card... my husband still had it. So back to TT we went to get his card. Just as we get to the other side of Future World I put my hand in my back pocket and pull out my son's KTTW (I had it all along). Back to Soarin again... by this time we had wasted so much time that TT was no longer an option to get in the stand-by queue.

I was very frustrated with myself for wasting so much precious time in the morning! I felt bad so I told Matt and Tashie to go on Mission Space while my hubby and I took the kids back to the front of the park to see Stitch and Daisy. The kids had spotted them on the way in and they were both asking to see them. They hadn't met these characters before so I wanted to make the effort for them.

We didn't wait too long b/c I went in one queue and sent my husband to wait in the other one. My daughter got nervous and didn't want to see Stitch.

iv9vtg.jpg

But she was thrilled to see Daisy!

5k111h.jpg

While we were waiting to hear from the other "kids" we watched these guys...

67qipf.jpg

They were great! They gave the kids stickers and signed their autograph book after their show was done.

We heard from Matt and Tashie and decided to meet up at Club Cool to get some fluid. (Natasha said Space made her sick.) We dared my brother to drink a full cup of the Beverly and keep a straight face. He did it (but you can still see the pain in his eyes)...

167v9r8.jpg

People were starting to complain that they were hungry (we didn't really have a great breakfast this morning) so we headed to The Land for a snack. Everyone enjoyed their food at Sunshine Seasons and I had the creme brulee (that's a breakfast food, right)!

My daughter is proudly wearing her Junior Jammitor sticker!

2hf125j.jpg

It was now time to ride Soarin'! My daughter was excited that she was tall enough this year to ride. Soarin' was a hit all around!

2yoe96q.jpg

We had to start making our way over to World Showcase b/c our ADR at Teppan Edo was quickly approaching.

Day 5 continued in next post...

NewfieFan

Original Poster
We all enjoyed Teppan Edo (it was my first time eating at a place like this). We had a nice young couple sitting with us and we spent more time talking than eating. We told them all about Newfoundland and showed them pictures of icebergs that I had on my camera. The chef put on a good show which entertained the kids. The kids also loved the chopsticks and origami!

308v8me.jpg

2921i5z.jpg

We spent some time shopping in Japan. My hubby and brother love this coffee drink in a can (yes, you heard right). They always pick up a few cans every time they pass Japan. (Note, my daughter is not drinking the coffee... she's trying to figure out how to open it.)

x1x2kp.jpg

15drocw.jpg

We made our way out b/c we were going to DTD for the evening and we saw the earth barge float out again.

8x8p00.jpg

We promised the kids that we would take them to...

21mus2h.jpg

But we weren't here to eat... we were here to Build-a-Dino. We don't have Build-a-Bear or anything like that around here so the kids were pretty excited to be making their own stuffed animal.

16huw53.jpg

My feet were in agony this evening. I don't know what happened b/c I was wearing the same sandals that I wore last year with no problems. It was so bad at one point that I took off my sandals and walked barefoot through DTD. I ended up buying a pair of flip flops in the Disney Store just so I could walk home. The rest of the evening was spent shopping with everyone going in different directions. We wanted to ride the balloon but it wasn't flying due to high winds.

After we were all shopped out we headed back to the resort to rest our poor feet and get some supper. We ordered...

2ql48qf.jpg

23w9slz.jpg

And it was very good!

harveyt0206

Great trip report Newfiefan. Your kids are so cute and I too love the fact that your daughter's first haircut was at Disney. I'm so glad your brother found his missing ID and KTTW. Shew....that would have created some trouble for you all. :)

NewfieFan

Original Poster
Looooving this.. and so good to hear from someone from the Maritimes =) I'm a Cape Bretoner myself.

Hi neighbour! Thanks! :wave:

Loving it all..:)

Love the picture of your daughter hugging Ariel..:D

Oh...cute brother..;)

Thanks! For all the single ladies out there my brother is single... and he's looking to settle down now. :animwink:

Great trip report Newfiefan. Your kids are so cute and I too love the fact that your daughter's first haircut was at Disney. I'm so glad your brother found his missing ID and KTTW. Shew....that would have created some trouble for you all. :)

Thank you! We would have been "up the creek" if he didn't find his stuff!

NewfieFan

Original Poster
Day 6

Another early morning (I was surprised we hadn't slowed down yet). This morning we were off to AK. And of course we had to stop for a pic out front. The PhotoPass photographer told us to be wild animals (are you scared)!?!

qxwk8w.jpg

It's never a good sign when people start complaining about the heat even before you get in the park. So, I suggested we go ride Kali. The ride wasn't even opened yet - I don't know why!?! We waited a couple of minutes and then it opened.

ymo8z.jpg

I figured my son would want to ride this one (he had been handling rides so well and he obviously didn't mind getting wet) but no he didn't want to go on it. So I opted to stay behind and watch the kids while the other three rode. And of course as soon as they disappear inside the queue my son changes his mind. I promised him I would take him on it after the other crowd came back b/c we needed someone to watch my daughter.

Waiting for daddy and the rest to come back...

o6fct1.jpg

Natasha got soaked and I mean soaked on her first ride. Now it was time for my son and I to ride but Uncle Matt and Tashie joined us again (they wanted to go for round two).
My son loved it and didn't get very wet. Here is his "proud" picture...

148psb6.jpg

I sent my husband over to the Boneyard with the kids while we went to get our FPs for EE. When we got there the wait time was so short we just hopped in the stand-by queue.

The three who braved Everest! (Photopass)

2i06nat.jpg

Then we met back up at the Boneyard.

Is there an age limit on this place!?!

2cde2dj.jpg

Lots of fun to be had here...

2n7dq2v.jpg

el8qxs.jpg

1e5sp1.jpg

After all that playing it was time for a ride on the Safari. My daughter announced on this trip that her favorite animal was a giraffe... after she saw a young giraffe on KS! I won't bore you with all the pictures from KS (I take the same shots as everyone else). This was my favorite pic of the bunch...

23tfsdt.jpg

Uncle Matt was itching to see FOTLK so we headed down there and got in just before the show started. We all love this show! I think it gets better the more you see it!

Everybody was starving at this point so off we went to search for food!

Day 6 continued in next post...

NewfieFan

Original Poster
Before we found food we found these guys first...

2weihhh.jpg

Even though we had already seen Stitch in Epcot my daughter just had to see Lilo... she still wasn't that fond of Stitch, though! They were a hoot! It was such a fun M&G!

Uncle Matt and my husband wanted to eat here...

2chnwv4.jpg

Everyone licked their plates clean! I love sitting down by the water and seeing Everest in the distance.

Even though the kids weren't into napping anymore we still called it a morning. It was very hot in AK this day and I had huge amounts of laundry to do back at the resort. I had tried the night before (after we came back from DTD) but every washing machine and dryer was taken. I was hoping for better luck in the afternoon.

But on our way out we stopped numerous times for PhotoPass pics. We had a lot of fun with the different photographers. This is one of my favorite family shots...

2cp6r6r.jpg

And my daughter had been asking to do this pose since last year b/c her nanny did it on our last trip.

kugqo.jpg

Everyone headed straight for the pool when we got back to resort but I had laundry to do! (booooo) But my brother did help me carry it all down! The laundry room was empty! Tip - if you need to do laundry... the afternoon seems to be your best bet. By the time it was all done it was time to head out again b/c we had an ADR at Ohana.

We took a bus to the MK and then took the monorail to the Poly. The kids were looking forward to this - they love a good ride on the monorail! But we lost my daughter only a couple minutes into the trip...

34r6hjq.jpg

I was worried that she was going to sleep through dinner but I didn't need to be. It was the longest time I've ever waited to eat. It was an hour or more... so my daughter got to have her nap... and so did another member of our party...

6gaizb.jpg

I have no idea why we had to wait so long!?! But we did enjoy the Poly and it was our first time there.

Our meal however made up for the long wait. What a great time we had! We enjoyed fancy drinks, the food, our servers, the kids parading around the room,... all of it was good! Take a look at the special dessert they made for my son (he has a peanut allergy)...

29gfpt3.jpg

He was just a wee bit excited with his dessert!

It was good times had by all!

15s0ndh.jpg

We left the Poly to go to the MK. SpectroMagic was on this evening and this was probably going to be our only chance to see it. So back to the monorail we went. And then... more waiting. The monorail didn't move! We sat for a very long time, some people even started to get off. Eventually, the monorail started moving and I have no idea why we sat there so long!?!

Because of the delay we had to hightail it to get a spot for Spectro. We did find a decent spot in Liberty Square and the kids had a good view. But only one kid watched Spectro... this time my son fell asleep! He missed the whole thing. After it was over we put the sleepy boy in my daughter's stroller and she was more than happy to give up her wheels to her tired brother. I wanted to stay and watch Wishes but my hubby wanted to take the kids home. So reluctanly I left... I knew we needed to get my son back and in the bed, though!

We decided we would sleep in tomorrow. We needed a lazy morning to recharge. My daughter was also showing signs that she had a little head cold going on... nothing serious - just the sniffles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom