New Year's Eve 2017-2018 at Walt Disney World

DisneyInsider101

DSbIOrSXUAAK6yt.jpg:large

This is just... Beyond the limits...A person lifted his stroller up so the kids in there could see..

iMax

I hope the NYE finale hasn't been budget chopped like the poor Peace on Earth finale

Unlike the holiday finale, NYE is only shown once a year, I would hope this ending is similar to recent years. I live across from MK and EPCOT's NYE finale usually makes my building shake.

wishiwere@wdw

Epcot has been completely manageable. And I’m not a fan of DJ’s in Epcot but these had seriously awesome production value.

Looks like fireworks were adjusted again? Now starting at 11:40? Perhaps ROE again and then rolling into NYE countdown? Originally we were expecting 11:50 start. Anyway, Happy New Year everyone and safe travels if you are out and about!

disney4life2008

Epcot has been completely manageable. And I’m not a fan of DJ’s in Epcot but these had seriously awesome production value.

Looks like fireworks were adjusted again? Now starting at 11:40? Perhaps ROE again and then rolling into NYE countdown? Originally we were expecting 11:50 start. Anyway, Happy New Year everyone and safe travels if you are out and about!

Illuminations started at 1140. The epcot countries that celebrated prior to usa time started at 1152. The countdown started at 1159pm.

wishiwere@wdw

The second ROE is always at 11:40pm. The regular show is 12 minutes (give or take a second) long which puts it ending at 11:52. That leaves about 8 minutes for them to perform the NYE show.
Yep. I just didn’t recall seeing it posted in the app. When I checked yesterday it only listed the show starting at 11:50 so I thought something changed. That’s all ;-). Amazing show as always and awesome crowd. We had a great time! Happy New Year!

disney4life2008

As a local i had a great time at epcot for nye. However i never have to do epcot at nye again. The fireworks were amazing simply the best show i have seen, period. The crowds were manageable and it was a great party atmosphere.

The cons is the party atmosphere. The djs loud music after an hour gave me the severest of headaches. Luckily they brought out plenty of benches so I could sit and relax intermittently. The other major con, it is 150am and it is absolute gridlock. The trams aren't running because its unsafe. And no cars are exiting. Im pretty sure its because of world drive traffic and magic Kingdom traffic.

epcot restaurants should stay open until 130am. I could eat. But they were turning people away at 1255.

I have done magic Kingdom nye several times and while it's a hassle I much prefer the magic Kingdom for nye over epcot. Sans their horrible djs.

Disney-Trains

I was at magic kingdom, watched from the entrance to be our guest (great view from there) and then rode little mermaid and people mover (both with practically no wait) and slowly wandered down Main Street and watched a few moments of once upon a time.

From 12:55 am exiting Main Street to Pop Century was 1 hour and 20 minutes - which is really amazing. The wait for a bus itself was about 35 minutes (2 regular busses and 2 articulated busses) and then traffic was of course crazy. I didn't see much tradfic direction or cones blocking lanes like in years past.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom