New Year's Eve 2017-2018 at Walt Disney World

Disney-Trains

I went from illuminations to magic kingdom tonight and everything was a breeze. 4 monorails on the EPCOT beam, didn't even realize that still happens ha.

Walked in the park 10 minutes prior to the 11:50 show, walked to the outskirts of the outer hub (the new outer hub) and watched near the bridge to tomorrowland. Nice view... 360's looked great from there. Leaving I went straight across the Bridge, down the past the terrace, through the bypass and was in the first switchback for a bus to Pop century... On the bus now and we are rolling fine.

donsullivan

Premium Member
MK truly emptied after first fireworks show. I watched/photographed 11:50 show from the beach near Luau stage and after walking to the car, traffic out of lot and off property was a non event.

disney4life2008

MK truly emptied after first fireworks show. I watched/photographed 11:50 show from the beach near Luau stage and after walking to the car, traffic out of lot and off property was a non event.

I am leaving magic Kingdom now. They have significant improved traffic flow in the last year. Im glad i came tonight though. I can relax tomorrow night

cjkeating

Leaving MK now. They played the Kiss Goodnight at 3:00 onward. I caught the 3:15 one. Before 3 it was crappy pop music through every speaker in the park except BTMRR queue. I mean even Winnie the Pooh for crying out loud was playing pop in the queue!

What on earth... is that normal for this time of the year?

nickys

Premium Member
Poly has metal fencing around the main beach, but no CMs standing by them at the moment. I wonder if they’ll be enforcing the resort guests only policy this year?

EDIT: Now the fenced in area is empty, and the area next to it is crammed full of people. Just an FYI if you’re planning on watching from the Poly this year.

There have apparently been signs up at the Poly for a couple of days now saying they will be checking bands for access to the beach for 30th and 31st. I would imagine GF will do the same.

monykalyn

At MK last night. Wow on fireworks! Saw 360 show from Liberty Square as we came out of LTT. Had FP for HM, Splash (where I got pretty wet-never happened to me before-ugh), PP. then got more for POC, BTMRR, and a CM randomly handed us anytime paper FP(not good for PP orSDMT) so we did Space. Seems lots of bonus paper FP being handed out. As I kept searching for FP everything popped up at one point or another except SDMT. My FP didn't even start until 5:30.

Also did late show dessert party and we loved it. Big party atmosphere with the 3 DJs.

Loved the college bands marching too! CMs were having a great time and guests were polite and fun! Seriously the least grumpy amount of people I've seen this year.

Think the cold drove most away. By around 1:45 nearly everything had near walk on status (posted 10 or 15, reality 2-3 minutes). We left around then because we'd done everything we'd wanted to do with open rides. FWIW I booked FP and dessert party about a week out (kept forgetting about FP lol) and snagged LTT only a couple days before.

Oh boy does Small World need some TLC! Have to do this every few trips-has been at least 2 years since last ride, not sure when the decay started or if I've just not noticed before now? Was Mickey always hidden among presents in last CoP scene?

No issues with busses returning to CSR. Would do this night again for sure!

It is Epcot for NYE tonight!

donsullivan

Premium Member
There have apparently been signs up at the Poly for a couple of days now saying they will be checking bands for access to the beach for 30th and 31st. I would imagine GF will do the same.

I saw all the fences when I got off the boat from MK and we decided to go to the beach area over near the Luau theater. No issues at all over there.

EricsBiscuit

At MK last night. Wow on fireworks! Saw 360 show from Liberty Square as we came out of LTT. Had FP for HM, Splash (where I got pretty wet-never happened to me before-ugh), PP. then got more for POC, BTMRR, and a CM randomly handed us anytime paper FP(not good for PP orSDMT) so we did Space. Seems lots of bonus paper FP being handed out. As I kept searching for FP everything popped up at one point or another except SDMT. My FP didn't even start until 5:30.

Also did late show dessert party and we loved it. Big party atmosphere with the 3 DJs.

Loved the college bands marching too! CMs were having a great time and guests were polite and fun! Seriously the least grumpy amount of people I've seen this year.

Think the cold drove most away. By around 1:45 nearly everything had near walk on status (posted 10 or 15, reality 2-3 minutes). We left around then because we'd done everything we'd wanted to do with open rides. FWIW I booked FP and dessert party about a week out (kept forgetting about FP lol) and snagged LTT only a couple days before.

Oh boy does Small World need some TLC! Have to do this every few trips-has been at least 2 years since last ride, not sure when the decay started or if I've just not noticed before now? Was Mickey always hidden among presents in last CoP scene?

Awesome! But i despise those marching behinds because I was trying to listen to Jim the piano player over by Casey's Corner and he had to stop because the band was too loud. I was surprised in the first place he was playing so late but anyways he did a great job as usual. As for IASW, I only saw the first flying carpet wheel not working. Everything else seemed fine.

flyerjab

Enjoy! We did NYE at Epcot last year and it was the best NYE party we ever had!!

disney4life2008

Leaving MK now. They played the Kiss Goodnight at 3:00 onward. I caught the 3:15 one. Before 3 it was crappy pop music through every speaker in the park except BTMRR queue. I mean even Winnie the Pooh for crying out loud was playing pop in the queue!

Omg i complained to guest relations about the music. It's bad enough they have horrible djs but the ongoing music was terrible. And it was the same loop of selected music

disney4life2008

The park closed at 1am so by 145am it was only resort guests

Disney-Trains

On the bus now (2:30 pm) from grand Floridian to animal kingdom - traffic is at a total standstill from magic kingdom all the way back to swan and dolphin resorts headed into magic kingdom and EPCOT. Disney Resort busses going into EPCOT were caught in it...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom