New Year's Eve 2017-2018 at Walt Disney World

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Im with you” wishes was the best they ever did...
Imagine the crowds and the surprise on all those faces if wishes came back just for 3 showings. Although there showing Fantasy in the Sky I wonder if there showing the same fantasy in the sky or a mix of past shows.

jrhwdw

It'll be just like every other New Year's Eve. Not sure why every year people expect anything more.
Well, this is the first year since Wishes opened that Fantasy got the 6:30 time slot. so it's different for a lot of people. The only things I wonder is will the lagoon fire off at 6:30 and will Fantasy have HEA's tools?

donsullivan

Premium Member
This is an interesting new mix for this year. While I would love to see the full Fantasy in the Sky with mirror and 360 for both shows, my guess is due to the operational impact, the early performance will only be north launch location with, at the most 180's.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Well, this is the first year since Wishes opened that Fantasy got the 6:30 time slot. so it's different for a lot of people. The only things I wonder is will the lagoon fire off at 6:30 and will Fantasy have HEA's tools?
I'd imagine so since HEA is off the schedule. I'm wondering if it's going to even be the same fantasy in the sky or more like Disneylands Remember which also carries more characteristics of Fantasy in the sky and same runtime as HEA.

Figment82

Poly has metal fencing around the main beach, but no CMs standing by them at the moment. I wonder if they’ll be enforcing the resort guests only policy this year?

EDIT: Now the fenced in area is empty, and the area next to it is crammed full of people. Just an FYI if you’re planning on watching from the Poly this year.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

Watched Fantasy on Facebook and there was no lagoon fire: will have to wait till midnight for that. OUAT's Spotlights returned this year, Can't tell if HEA's lights were used as well, the view was from MS on FB. HEA's hub lighting might have been used, again can't tell.

All in all, Looked like the full Fantasy north of the Castle.

donsullivan

Premium Member
So, more than 180? Looked like 180 on Facebook, closer together.

It was all launch locations for 360 show except the island mirror. I wasn’t expecting that so I was disappointed that I wasn’t prepared to phograph it.

Guest flow leaving and within MK right now is craziness. Ferry went to one way traffic, departing MK only.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

What I don't get is if there not mirroring shows then why would they show a 10 minute show at regular time rather than Happily ever After. If there's 2 firework shows id rather see 2 different shows rather than the same one twice

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom