New Years 2022

jrhwdw

No hats or noisemakers this year at the parks (and the Cast rejoiced)

**hats still being distributed at resort hotels
And so do I!!!!!! So hard to hear FITS and Epcot's Tag with Horns blaring!!! Anyone know if this is a Brand New Tag or just the regular one we've had for years? Harm was delayed tonight, hopefully that doesn't affect the NYE tag.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Epcot midnight show looked fantastic. They used the Harmonious barges throughout with video from each country on the 4 side barges and logos for each county in the stargate as well as lighting the arms in the colors of each nation's flags during the global countdown. A really nice addition to the traditional global countdown show.

gerarar

Premium Member
Hollywood Studios actually had legit fireworks from the fireworks launch site. That’s the first time years
Had to see for myself and wow! These weren't advertised anywhere by Disney I think, so what a surprise.

Only vids I could find currently are on the SnapMaps.
Screenshot_20211231-235057_Snapchat.jpg

wutisgood

The early Star Wars fireworks were excellent before they had to tone it down I think in part due to debris.

No doubt the reason disney actually still cares about special events is marketing. Fireworks are cheaper than ads.

Disone

The poly beach is open only to registered Polynesian Guests and wrist bands are required. They were fully enforcing it last night and are expected to do so tonight as well.
Hummmmmmm. People say this every year but Myself and two friends went to poly on 12/30/21. We parked in the Magic Kingdom parking lot and took the monorail from the TTC to the Polynesian at about 10pm.

There were signs referencing wristbands needed between 10 a.m. and 10 p.m. to be on the beach but as we arrived after 10:00 p.m. this seemed to be a moot point. The resort was quiet. Main pool closed. There was not a buzz of anticipation in the air.

It did seem odd that they would enforce wristbands on the beach from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. for a firework show that wasn't until 11 50 PM. Nonetheless that is exactly the case. We got right on the beach without any problem. No one was looking for wristbands. Beach was not busy with a crowd level that could be best discribed as low to moderate.

12/31/21 we went to Epcot and I will tell you at Epcot blew up the sky at midnight

The world war three barges were NOT present that I could see. I will tell you this, tonight EPCOT demonstrated the True fire power of the new harmonious barges and it was impressive!!!!!!! I have seen a lot of New Year's Eve tags At Epcot. I have seen more than my fair share of Let There Be Peace On Earth holiday tags. I have seen heartbeat of Freedom more times than I can count. This finale beat them all. At one point so many firworks were going off at one time it was Literally like DAYLIGHT.

I left VERY satisfied.

Disone

Had to see for myself and wow! These weren't advertised anywhere by Disney I think, so what a surprise.

Only vids I could find currently are on the SnapMaps.
View attachment 611203
They did mention for DHS "a sizzling countdown moment" for NYE. So I expected some fireworks. I did not expect them to dust off the old launchpoint across World drive and use it extensively but I'm really glad to hear they did.

Still Blown Away by what the harmonious barges did tonight. Jaw dropping fire power.

gerarar

Premium Member
They did mention for DHS "a sizzling countdown moment" for NYE. So I expected some fireworks. I did not expect them to dust off the old launchpoint across World drive and use it extensively but I'm really glad to hear they did.

Still Blown Away by what the harmonious barges did tonight. Jaw dropping fire power.
Yeah they did mention that. Imo they should have these kind of (big) fireworks nightly at least until Fantasmic! comes back online. At least this will give guests a "good" reason to stay in the park late other then trying to ride ROTR lol

Lilofan

The fireworks woke us up in Celebration last night, excited to see videos, I thought it sounded crazy and, according to the posts above, it was!
The animals at AK during NYE fireworks must have been going bonkers! Hopefully they didn't wreck the areas they were at the time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom