New Years 2022

Dman245

Any suggestions for best place to watch the MK New Years fireworks from both inside and outside the park? Have been to Disney many times but this is the first time for New Years

IanDLBZF

Disney is expected to proceed as scheduled with their events, despite Fauci's, and other public health officials, pleas to avoid large (indoor) gatherings - and didn't specify a magic number on what the max should be.

Unbanshee

Disney is expected to proceed as scheduled with their events, despite Fauci's, and other public health officials, pleas to avoid large (indoor) gatherings - and didn't specify a magic number on what the max should be.

I think fauci said a small gathering among immediate family that are all fully vaccinated is ok. I don't think he needs to say people packed shoulder-to-shoulder on Main Street is a bad idea to confirm that it is a bad idea.

But Disney has made their stance clear - they won't back peddle unless they are forced to by govt. Any goodwill they had with their strong safety measures of the past is just that...in the past

jrhwdw

I think fauci said a small gathering among immediate family that are all fully vaccinated is ok. I don't think he needs to say people packed shoulder-to-shoulder on Main Street is a bad idea to confirm that it is a bad idea.

But Disney has made their stance clear - they won't back peddle unless they are forced to by govt. Any goodwill they had with their strong safety measures of the past is just that...in the past
Are UOR and SWO toneing down it's New Years?????? How much bad PR is Disney going to get here???? IDK why the spike has to be now!!!! I was looking forward to the next 2 days but do we have to be worried now?????(I'm not there, just looking forward to it on YT)

Crazydisneyfanluke

Are UOR and SWO toneing down it's New Years?????? How much bad PR is Disney going to get here???? IDK why the spike has to be now!!!! I was looking forward to the next 2 days but do we have to be worried now?????(I'm not there, just looking forward to it on YT)
SWO is open until 12:30am. Fireworks at 11:59pm.

UOR is open until 10:30pm with citywalk open until 2:00 am. If I remember correctly, they usually do something on Citywalk for NYE and on the lagoon in Studios, but the latter might not be occurring.

Dman245

The poly beach is open only to registered Polynesian Guests and wrist bands are required. They were fully enforcing it last night and are expected to do so tonight as well.
There is a section of the beach that has reserved signs with what looks like club 33 logo or something but the beach in front of the pool is open. My wife and I were there last night. We walked over from magic kingdom. No one was checking bands there and it was pretty full.

Waters Back Side

The poly beach is open only to registered Polynesian Guests and wrist bands are required. They were fully enforcing it last night and are expected to do so tonight as well.

That's a big time bummer! We have reservations for Ohana at 945 pm and planned to go watch the fireworks after at the beach there. I guess that's not possible? We are not Poly guests. We are at another resort onsite.

wdwfan22

That's a big time bummer! We have reservations for Ohana at 945 pm and planned to go watch the fireworks after at the beach there. I guess that's not possible? We are not Poly guests. We are at another resort onsite.
Ohana pumps in the music. Or try the walkway to the grand Floridian from the poly. They did mess up the audio last night on the beach with Guest getting a little of the Halloween show instead of the New Years one

Waters Back Side

Ohana pumps in the music. Or try the walkway to the grand Floridian from the poly. They did mess up the audio last night on the beach with Guest getting a little of the Halloween show instead of the New Years one

The fireworks are at 1150. I'm not sure Ohana will let us hang around for 2 hours. Was gonna walk to the beach by the pool after with the expectation of a large crowd and just watch with the best view possible. I guess we will have to make do with whatever is enforced.

wdwfan22

The fireworks are at 1150. I'm not sure Ohana will let us hang around for 2 hours. Was gonna walk to the beach by the pool after with the expectation of a large crowd and just watch with the best view possible. I guess we will have to make do with whatever is enforced.
The beach area in front of the pool was being monitored last night if you move down far enough I wouldn’t think you would have a problem. also over at the Grand Floridian they don’t tend to restrict anything.

Dman245

That is where my wife and I watched last night. We were staying at pop century not poly and no one was checking bands. We arrived a little after 9 and there was barely anyone on the beach at the time. By 11:00 the beach had filled up and a lot of those people followed us back to the Ticket and Transportation Center so I would assume they weren’t poly guests either.

Lilofan

Do the deluxe resorts beaches all have concrete walls so guests don't venture into the water? I know that some were being installed after the fatal gator attack on the 2 year old boy while he played at the waters edge at the Grand Floridian beach several years ago.

wdwfan22

Do the deluxe resorts beaches all have concrete walls so guests don't venture into the water? I know that some were being installed after the fatal gator attack on the 2 year old boy while he played at the waters edge at the Grand Floridian beach several years ago.
Not concrete but the beaches are blocked so you can’t enter the water.

Lilofan

Not concrete but the beaches are blocked so you can’t enter the water.
Got it thanks. I think concrete barriers were put to perhaps deter the gators from trying to visit the guests at the deluxe resorts. One can just feed them staying at the $2K per night Poly Bungalows on the water.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
They say that every year and every year I roll my eyes. It is never enforced, at least not on the day before the actual holiday.

jrhwdw

I saw that on Twitter Yesturday during the day. Is this the first year Poly is doing that? I don't recall People having problems getting into Poly before COVID? Everyone knows that's the place to be after MK and Contemp. for FITS/Celebreate America.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom