New World Showcase Pavilion?

goofyfan13

cac2889 said:
Ok, it was a mistake the first time. Funny the second time. But this is getting old. These threads were created literally YEARS ago. If you want to discuss them, create a new thread. Please refrain from bumping very old threads for the sake of bumping them.

I love seeing bumped threads that were started before I joined...

I don't mind threads being bumped, but do it for a good reason. If there was any news in regards to this, there would have been either an announcement on the main site, or some form of current discussion.

dumboflyer

onholiday said:
Weren't the original plans for Epcot to have two lagoons, a walkway being where the US pavilion is now going into another lagoon with pavilions all around it, or am I making that up?

Yes, there's room for a second lagoon behind the first one. Basically, Epcot would have three loops: Future World, current World Showcase and new World Showcase. That was in the original plans of Epcot---that there would be room for that if need be.

Remember at the 2002 Food & Wine Festival? There was a temporary Spain pavillion next to Germany (large grassy area currently). It was stated that if Spain (with its oh-so-important sponsors) was a success, then Spain might become permanent for Epcot's 25th!

I hope they bring RUSSIA! That would rock!! Moscow is pretty!

They have to be careful though. Think of the problems if the US started having problems with one of the countries represented in the WS? Like what if Iraq had been one of the countries from the opening day?!?! Yikes! Not only would guests act oddly, but more importantly, they couldn't get International Program kids. Picking a country is tricky!

SpectroMan

It is not just what Disney wants. Disney really didn't pay for all the pavilions in World Showcase. They have all been sponsored by businesses or the country itself.

It is not just picking and country and building; Disney must go through many negotiations with the country.

WDWFREAK53

SpectroMan said:
It is not just what Disney wants. Disney really didn't pay for all the pavilions in World Showcase. They have all been sponsored by businesses or the country itself.

It is not just picking and country and building; Disney must go through many negotiations with the country.

I still say one of the 4:

1. Egypt
2. Greece
3. Russia
4. Brazil

magicstar01

i think this post should be constant their is always rumours of new pavillions at epcot and i bet disney does want more its just things fall through at the last moment usually to do with one of the parties funding. i think disney are right to moderns what they got over the next couple of years and with epcots 25th we may get a country or to for all we know! theirs space and they can more or less do a lot of it without us seeing it going on in the WS any thoughts?:king:

Ralphlaw

I heard that the Norwegian Border Patrol has been actively pursuing illegal aliens crossing over from Mexico into Norway![/quote]

Shhhhh . . . That's supposed to be a secret.

Anyway, I'd like to see Greece. Classical architecture. Greek food. Olympic attractions. Greek Food. Gods and goddesses. Greek Wine--with the Greek food.

But who knows if the sponsorship would come through?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom