New Waterpark in Orlando, New worry for disney?

disneydude2000

Original Poster
So with the addition of a new water park being built by seaworld, do you think that disney will try and push to build another water park or do you reckon that disney will be ok with what they've got?
However there is also the thought of Wet'n'Wild and whether it will lose business.

For anyone that doesn't know the new waterpark is called Aquatica (which is the name of the sea base in Deep Blue Sea). www.aquaticabyseaworld.com

This may hurt Wet n' Wild's business but I doubt it will hurt much of disneys. I think the disney water park market is mostly based on those people coming to disney only, and this is going to be pulling from a different crowd. I think it is more likely this will add onto a disney vacation rather than take the place of anything.

WDWFREAK53

This may hurt Wet n' Wild's business but I doubt it will hurt much of disneys. I think the disney water park market is mostly based on those people coming to disney only, and this is going to be pulling from a different crowd. I think it is more likely this will add onto a disney vacation rather than take the place of anything.

I, for one, like the looks of this waterpark over the offerings by Disney. Granted, I love Blizzard Beach, but SeaWorld can offer different experiences (a waterslide through a dolphin pool for instance).

It looks really REALLY cool.

I think this will affect Disney the same way that IoA did though :)

nthebulln7

Does anybody else think that this waterpark wont work? I mean how are the animals gonna react when they have people zooming past them every min? I dont know, maybe im just a worry wart. But i must say, it does look like alot of fun!

ToTBellHop

I would expect minimal impact. If anything, this may convince Disney to invest a little in the water parks, which would be a good thing. Water slides are dirt cheap...they could stand to add a little.

drdoom1001

It will probably hurt Wet n Wild more than the Disney waterparks.Disney guests staying at a Disney resort that don't rent a car will not likely try to venture to I-Drive.And Aquatica is so close to WnW that there's no way it's not going to affect attendance.

Everyone says in a couple of years the lease for Wet n Wild will be up and they'll be moving onsite at UNIVERSAl.With this new park I would think that scenario should be pushed forward and they better make sure they make a new waterpark with most of the old rides that will be nice enough to compete with the other parks and create a combo pass for both Universal parks and the waterpark that will make the whole Universal resort feel a bit more complete.This is the rumor that has been going around for a while, I'm not even sure if there would be enough space onsite at Universal.I do know Wet n Wild is getting a new slide for this year that is supposed to be easily moved for a future park move!!

donald23

SeaWorld is a great park and I'm sure the water park will be great using the Busch Company standards, but Disney has its own standards that people look for and expect in their parks and water parks. These standards will never be compromised so it's kind of hard to compare the two totally different companies and predict how each one will react to the other's developments.

mitchk

I read about this new water park on screamscape the other day. I must say it looks pretty cool, but I don't think it will effect the Disney water parks

crazydaveh

I think it may take a small bite out of the local gate for Disney during the first year or two, but you know this only benefits us!

Competition only makes the parks come up with new things to get us in the gate, so we could have some pretty interesting water rides come to Orlando soon.

Disney's two parks are great, but I see Shamu's new park being a tad bit better, because the whale built it to top the mouse's slides.

I bet Disney has some things coming to the water parks they haven't announced yet, that will most likely open with Shamu's new park.

I for one can't wait. Adventure Island (Busch Garden's Water Park) is a lot of fun. The landscape will just add to the fun and make it a mini Discovery Cove.

the-reason14

I think it will have some sort of impact on BB and TL's attendance but not like a major one. This looks like something I may want to check out, I mean, its creative and new and stuff. While Disney has got them beat on their theme, this one seems pretty unique and different.

Is this going to be on Seaworlds property, are they trying to make it like Seaworld resort or something?

kennygman

Does anybody else think that this waterpark wont work? I mean how are the animals gonna react when they have people zooming past them every min? I dont know, maybe im just a worry wart. But i must say, it does look like alot of fun!

It will work. They do this at Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas.

Looks like a great concept. Hope they spend the money to do it right and they keep it up.

justducky78

I personally don't like to leave Disney property when I visit, so I'll never go to Sea World, Universal, Wet-n-Wild, etc. Disney will eventually make changes to their waterparks or add-on another one, but in the meantime, I don't think they'll lose much business. I like to feel immersed (in a Disney bubble) and I think a lot of people feel the same.

Some of the slides, etc looks neat but I'm not a big fan of the close contact with the animals. A slide going through the dolphins pool? It just seems wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom