New Waterpark in Orlando, New worry for disney?

the-reason14

I personally don't like to leave Disney property when I visit, so I'll never go to Sea World, Universal, Wet-n-Wild, etc. Disney will eventually make changes to their waterparks or add-on another one, but in the meantime, I don't think they'll lose much business. I like to feel immersed (in a Disney bubble) and I think a lot of people feel the same.

Some of the slides, etc looks neat but I'm not a big fan of the close contact with the animals. A slide going through the dolphins pool? It just seems wrong.

I feel the same way too, I really dont ever leave disney's property either while I'm on vacation, unless its the summer and we arent staying on property.

ToTBellHop

Now with Magical Express, I REALLY don't leave Disney property...no need to. A waterslide into a dolphin enclosure IS really cool, but I don't think it's enough to get me to head over to Sea World for their three big rides...Blizzard Beach is still the most creating water park I've ever seen. It could use something new, though, so hopefully Aquatica produces enough competition that Disney will build something new there.

pheneix

This place is gonna put a squeeze on Disney and everyone else I think. This thing is like the Epcot Center of water parks - on a way bigger scale than any others in the area. One of their press releases said they are building this park with the intent of getting 16,000 guests per hour thoroughput on their attractions (meaning that every attraction in the park combined will be sending through 16,000 guests per hour). Busch is aiming high with this park. Really high.

drdoom1001

I would say Disney tops the list as far as the themes for their waterparks,When I first heard about Blizzard Beach and the theme I was amazed,HOWEVER I've been to every Waterpark in Florida and several others and Blizzard beach has the worst park layout of any I've visited.Everything is on the mountain so everytime you ride something you gotta go up the 2 stairs or wait in line for the chairlift.Constantly going up the same stairs just got old for me.Typhoon Lagoon is great but I enjoy myself just as much at Wet n Wild or Adventure Island in Tampa.

I seriously doubt Disney will make a new waterpark soon, after a 5th theme park yes, their plans should be to improve MGM and AK, Build a new park and focus on their new developments on the western edge of the resort and then maybe look into another waterpark.

kcnole

I've heard rumors before this was even officially announced that Disney was planning on adding a third water park to their campus since the other two tend to fill up quick during the summer. I wonder if their new one will feature animals now. lol

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
It will work. They do this at Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas.

I've been on the one at Atlantis and it is a blast. They have two there, one a speed slide where there's so much water in your face, you don't even see the sharks. The other is a innertube type ride and you float though at a slower pace. The animals don't even seem to know you're there. It's REALLY cool!

typhoonguy

Actually, a lot of the summer attendance (especially weekends) comes from locals... Last year Typhoon and Blizzard both hit capacity every saturday and sunday that was over 85 degrees between May 13 and Sept 3. I'm interested in how this will have an effect on local visitors. I think a lot may depend on price too, since locals can get an annual waterpark pass for under 100 bucks, and the new after 2 pass or whatever it is for even less... (which may have been created in response to the new seaworld waterpark)

typhoonguy

I've heard rumors before this was even officially announced that Disney was planning on adding a third water park to their campus since the other two tend to fill up quick during the summer. I wonder if their new one will feature animals now. lol
Official announcement? No, nothing like that yet...

kcnole

Official announcement? No, nothing like that yet...

The official announcement I was referring to was the one by Sea World that they made yesterday. My point was that there have been several comments from higherups within the company of Disney that they're considering adding another waterpark to their lineup due to the capacity issues at the two that are already there. I'm sure part of that had to do with the upcoming announcement of Sea World's park.

typhoonguy

The official announcement I was referring to was the one by Sea World that they made yesterday. My point was that there have been several comments from higherups within the company of Disney that they're considering adding another waterpark to their lineup due to the capacity issues at the two that are already there. I'm sure part of that had to do with the upcoming announcement of Sea World's park.
I'm not so sure I'm aware of those comments. Do you remember who said it or when? I've seen a lot posted from folks here on this site, but nothing officially from any of our leaders...

coasterphil

This looks to be the most interesting waterpark ever created. Its good to see Sea World bring the animal interaction into a waterpark, as this will become a sort of Discovery Cove Lite. I know I'd much rather visit this park than any one at WDW based on the images they have now.

kcnole

I don't have a link to them anymore but I believe it was an interview from Rasulo when he was talking about the new themed hotels around the country and the idea of smaller parks as well.

cmatt

it will do nothing to put a dent in disney's pockets. Unless they pull out all the stops - i personally love the idea and cant wair to go :)

Rammstein

This may hurt Wet n' Wild's business but I doubt it will hurt much of disneys. I think the disney water park market is mostly based on those people coming to disney only, and this is going to be pulling from a different crowd. I think it is more likely this will add onto a disney vacation rather than take the place of anything.

In all honesty, I don't agree entirely with that. I myself am a WDW fan/nut, call me what you want. My parents like Disney, but my mum also loves Sea World. Now the fact that out favourite water park is Typhoon Lagoon is not the fact that there is not many other water parks to go to, but the fact that it has a great theme, great rides etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom