new value resort??

WDWEric

DarkMeasures said:
I can't imagine myself staying at those value resorts...

Fort Wilderness is godly.... and above all other resorts.

I couldn't imagine myself staying at Fort Wilderness, or any other resort. When my family and I go we do not spend that much time at our resort, I thouroughly enjoyed All Star Music last summer.

DarkMeasures

WDWEric said:
I couldn't imagine myself staying at Fort Wilderness, or any other resort. When my family and I go we do not spend that much time at our resort, I thouroughly enjoyed All Star Music last summer.

When I go, we spend 3 hours a day at the parks and the rest of time at Ft. Wilderness and the other Resorts Around Bay Lake and 7 Seas Lagoon.

But when you spend 3 weeks at Disney, there is no rush, just Relaxation.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
surfsupdon said:
That water in the upper right hand side of the Pop Century picture.....is that Barefoot Bay of Caribbean Beach??

I know that Pop seemed to be built unneccessarily close to CBR and a lot of their icons were visible from within the CBR.

Nope, the water is on the other side of Osceola Parkway (top right of picture)

The PC and CBR resorts are side by side - they share the same service facillities (laundry, services etc.) - a clever way to save costs.

You can see the entire Pop Century Masterplan here:

http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/sho...be6c92c58a93317b2f12c75&sort=1&cat=500&page=4

disneybeavs

All what I meant about how the early 1900s not being exciting is that when did 'Disney' actually start? What will be the 00s? Walt was just a kid, not a whole lot of Disney related subjects. Yeah, probably some Singers or Silent actors, I don't know. But at every decade in the Classic Years, there is something Disney. I guess the 20s could show some of his Walt's cartoons? But I'm sure you're all right, it is Disney and the Imaginears will make it fun and, above all, they know what they are doing.

niteobsrvr

marni1971 said:
Nope, the water is on the other side of Osceola Parkway (top right of picture)

The PC and CBR resorts are side by side - they share the same service facillities (laundry, services etc.) - a clever way to save costs.

You can see the entire Pop Century Masterplan here:

http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/sho...be6c92c58a93317b2f12c75&sort=1&cat=500&page=4

That water is the tail end of the lake at CBR. Osceola parkway is not in this picture. It would be to the far left if it were. The road you see is the entrance to POP.

niteobsrvr

disneybeavs said:
All what I meant about how the early 1900s not being exciting is that when did 'Disney' actually start? What will be the 00s? Walt was just a kid, not a whole lot of Disney related subjects. Yeah, probably some Singers or Silent actors, I don't know. But at every decade in the Classic Years, there is something Disney. I guess the 20s could show some of his Walt's cartoons? But I'm sure you're all right, it is Disney and the Imaginears will make it fun and, above all, they know what they are doing.

I think the Legendary Years may be tough to market as most people alive today do not recall those years at all as they were not alive or very very young. As a point of reference consider WWII veterans, as each year goes by now, we have fewer and fewer of them left with us. These folks would be of an age to remember a lot of the decades that belong to the final phase of the resort.

Figment1986

Well... How is the Pop Centry resort handling with the amount of reservations... Does it have enough to work on the second phase...

(How did those buildings from legendary years get built while the rest are foundations.... were they doing one building at a time....)

Figment1986 said:
Well... How is the Pop Centry resort handling with the amount of reservations... Does it have enough to work on the second phase...

I think that with the huge loss that Disney suffered from 9-11 they don't need to immediately open Legendary Years, but I do know that Pop Century has been selling out pretty frequently.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
niteobsrvr said:
That water is the tail end of the lake at CBR. Osceola parkway is not in this picture. It would be to the far left if it were. The road you see is the entrance to POP.

HA! We are both wrong. I just re examined the map. The water is NOT Barefoot Bay. The road is NOT osceola - it is the Pop internal ring road. The photo is facing South East, and CBR is North of PCR. :lol:

s25843

DarkMeasures said:
When I go, we spend 3 hours a day at the parks and the rest of time at Ft. Wilderness and the other Resorts Around Bay Lake and 7 Seas Lagoon.

But when you spend 3 weeks at Disney, there is no rush, just Relaxation.

Why are you bragging?

surfsupdon

Another question within the question about Pop Century and the lake.

Does this value resort offer water views? That's nice if they do, yet it does not seem they charge extra, yet it seems some rooms must have water view rooms?

C'est vrai?? (Is this true??)

dizneeboy

We just stayed their a week ago. We payed for a premium room ($9 more a night), but were told that was just for the 60's buildings. I don't think they charge for views of hourglass lake, but I can't be completely sure.

TURKEY

dizneeboy said:
We just stayed their a week ago. We payed for a premium room ($9 more a night), but were told that was just for the 60's buildings. I don't think they charge for views of hourglass lake, but I can't be completely sure.

That is correct. For the value resorts (All-Stars and Pop), there are 2 price levels. Preferred rooms (the 60's, Fantasia, Calypso, Surf's Up) are usually $10-12 more than the standard rooms. Right now it's $99 vs. $109.

phlydude

I remember them working on these in '99 and wondering why? and who would want to stay all the way out here on Osceola Pkwy?

It's a shame that they ceased work on the 00's-40's and haven't started back up. I just hope that when it does open, it has more parking than the 50's-90's!

Captain Hank

niteobsrvr said:
I think the Legendary Years may be tough to market as most people alive today do not recall those years at all as they were not alive or very very young. As a point of reference consider WWII veterans, as each year goes by now, we have fewer and fewer of them left with us. These folks would be of an age to remember a lot of the decades that belong to the final phase of the resort.

The same could be said about Main Street U.S.A., Hollywood Blvd., and Liberty Square.

Hank Scorpio

Ok now i'm really worried. I was thinking about booking into CBR for our honeymoon next year, and although id love to go check out Pop Century while we are there, I don't want it to be visable from my resort. That would take away from the theming somewhat, do you know what I mean?

So is it really visable? Like can you look out of your hotel balcony and see this big 80's sign in the distance?

surfsupdon

Hank Scorpio said:
Ok now i'm really worried. I was thinking about booking into CBR for our honeymoon next year, and although id love to go check out Pop Century while we are there, I don't want it to be visable from my resort. That would take away from the theming somewhat, do you know what I mean?

So is it really visable? Like can you look out of your hotel balcony and see this big 80's sign in the distance?

Nah. You can see the top of maybe 2 bowling pins if you are on the promenade down in Trinidad South. The remainder of PC should be out of view from all places within CBR. You shouldn't see anything from CBR, especially i you never walk within Trinidad South (but it isn't even bad there, either.)

Mad Stitch

I am anxious to see the 20's building. What will the centerpeice building be?

From looking at that pic of the master plan, we can probably make some assumptions from the shape of the pools. To me they look like a rocket ship, a coke bottle, and a US route marker sign (probably route 66 themed).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom