NEW VACCINE FROM MODERNA READY IN FIRST WEEK OF DECEMBER OR SOONER!!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Thanks, yes I understand that about HPV......not comparing it in that aspect, just thinking on how I react to new vaccines coming out in general and very likely I will get it when available, I am just so into one day at a time now, I still want more information so I shall see what happens between now and when it is available! Just a thought, I was wondering if they will test you for covid or antibodies before you get vaccine.......that and I wonder if they will be able to do this vaccine curbside. It was very efficient for the flu shot, you had an appointment, had a phone app, when you drove up they knew you were there and just asked for your birthdate to verify identity. Then we rolled down window, stuck arm out and we were on our way. It was rather cold but nurses were dressed for it and we pulled right up no line due to appointment window. :cool: I am optimistically hopeful.....with a few ounces of caution.
I think most people still want more information and we should get a lot once the formal documents are released and reviewed by experts. The Dec 10th meeting for the Pfizer vaccine is also a public hearing and is being live streamed on the FDA website and I think through various social media accounts. That’s basically a bunch of scientists and experts grilling the Pfizer scientists about the vaccine. There is a Moderna one scheduled for 12/17. Despite the record speed that this vaccine was created in it will likely be the most scrutinized vaccine in history.

I don’t know if we have ever had multiple clinical trials like this with 30, 40, 60 thousand people. Most vaccine trials could never draw that many people even if they wanted to. Unless you are a medical worker or patient in a nursing home there will also be at least 24 million people who went before you and if you are a healthy adult under 65 it may be over 100 million people in the US alone who have gotten the vaccine before you get a shot at it and that’s only here. The UK just approved the Pfizer vaccine and is starting to inoculate people next week. It may be that several hundred million people will get to go worldwide before I have a shot. The good news is that the vast majority of severe adverse reactions to a vaccine happen in the first few months after injection so we will know quickly if theres an issue.

On the distribution side I know that warp speed has contracted with CVS, Walgreens and Walmart to distribute the vaccine. I saw an interview with the CEO of CVS and he said in the first wave CVS would be sending employees out to sites to do pop up clinics for vaccination. So they would send a team to a nursing home to vaccinate the patients and staff. I imagine most hospitals will distribute their own to their employees. Once the first phase is complete and the vaccine opens to more of the general public I assume they start using physical CVS and other stores. I think that’s all left up to the states to decide how and where to distribute.

correcaminos

I do have a relative who has never vaccinated her children for ANYTHING. I am going to ask and suggest but think I can guess where that will land....🙃
Good luck!
Yeah I have only left my house and gone into a grocery store 3 times since March and that was at open wearing a N95 in and out. I have all my shots as do my children. The only thing I didn't get til a few years ago was a flu shot. I never get the flu and many of my friends have had bad reactions to it....but once my parent was in nursing home I did to protect them and have since.....especially this year I arranged for entire family to get one same time curbside at doctor's office. I just am a bit wary....and call it fast track or whatever, like when the HPV vaccine came out I wanted to think on that a few years before getting it for my children.....so that's me. But if I decide to wait a bit on this I will gladly be staying home until I do.....I will not be one to go rouge......I am curious to see how people react to the shot when it is administered to large portion of people, and wonder if we will be given choice to which vaccine we get too? I am in Michigan an Pfizer is here so likely that is where mine will be coming from.;)
My first flu shot was in 1993 when my mom was dying of cervical cancer. So you touched on 2 shots I am kind of for thanks to her. I had no choice on the flu shot as it was to protect her, not me. It was for her life, not mine. The HPV is being given to my 13yo next week. While men have less risk, there are a couple cancers it can cause in men. He is getting it to prevent cancer in others directly.

I had issues when the shot came out as I feel the marketing was not done right. Get the shot to protect, but not all cervical cancer is caused by HPV. So one needs to get regular pap smears to check. I had no issues with efficacy.

Right now 45k have had the BioNTech shots (more added for teens) and then I think 30k (have not seen numbers on this one). Both are very similar in how they work. The thing with trials is they do get a good cross population of people to make sure there are not side effects. Thinking one needs to wait years shows a distrust of science to me. Not trying to be rude, but really it does. Either trust it or don't. Trust those in the trial and the results of the trial to be honest or don't. Don't dismiss because you think better, but trust the science behind it.

I never had chickenpox as a kid. The vaccine came out in 1995 when I was 18. It took me over 2 years to be able to get it because I was an adult and they weren't sure what to do with me. Finally I got guts to push hard after two friends my age-ish had been hospitalized because they contracted chicken pox at 20 or so. I had places turning me down because they didn't want to vaccinate an adult. Finally found a clinic that would with a prescription from my doctor (who didn't carry them because they are not pediatricians). So maybe I'm stupid, but I trusted the science. Roughly 10 years later, my own was vaccinated for the same thing in part to protect adults who never had it.

One has to trust the science and people trying to protect others or not. I am not a scientist so I know my background is never enough to give my "own research" let's be real, no average person has the ability to do research on their own. They are simply regurgitating others true work, or in sad cases those who question and put doubt in without just cause.
Yup, this is about hearing yourself and ignoring the negative noise.
how does one on the fence know which is negative noise and what is just legitimately trying to be helpful.

Anti-vaxxers (and that includes being anti this vaccine) will look at me and call me sheep or dangerous or something. That's the issue we have with this. We cannot beat this pandemic unless people start believing in science. We're already far too late here for that :(

Goofyernmost

My first flu shot was in 1993 when my mom was dying of cervical cancer. So you touched on 2 shots I am kind of for thanks to her. I had no choice on the flu shot as it was to protect her, not me. It was for her life, not mine. The HPV is being given to my 13yo next week. While men have less risk, there are a couple cancers it can cause in men. He is getting it to prevent cancer in others directly.

I had issues when the shot came out as I feel the marketing was not done right. Get the shot to protect, but not all cervical cancer is caused by HPV. So one needs to get regular pap smears to check. I had no issues with efficacy.

Right now 45k have had the BioNTech shots (more added for teens) and then I think 30k (have not seen numbers on this one). Both are very similar in how they work. The thing with trials is they do get a good cross population of people to make sure there are not side effects. Thinking one needs to wait years shows a distrust of science to me. Not trying to be rude, but really it does. Either trust it or don't. Trust those in the trial and the results of the trial to be honest or don't. Don't dismiss because you think better, but trust the science behind it.

I never had chickenpox as a kid. The vaccine came out in 1995 when I was 18. It took me over 2 years to be able to get it because I was an adult and they weren't sure what to do with me. Finally I got guts to push hard after two friends my age-ish had been hospitalized because they contracted chicken pox at 20 or so. I had places turning me down because they didn't want to vaccinate an adult. Finally found a clinic that would with a prescription from my doctor (who didn't carry them because they are not pediatricians). So maybe I'm stupid, but I trusted the science. Roughly 10 years later, my own was vaccinated for the same thing in part to protect adults who never had it.

One has to trust the science and people trying to protect others or not. I am not a scientist so I know my background is never enough to give my "own research" let's be real, no average person has the ability to do research on their own. They are simply regurgitating others true work, or in sad cases those who question and put doubt in without just cause.

how does one on the fence know which is negative noise and what is just legitimately trying to be helpful.

Anti-vaxxers (and that includes being anti this vaccine) will look at me and call me sheep or dangerous or something. That's the issue we have with this. We cannot beat this pandemic unless people start believing in science. We're already far too late here for that :(
Education! If people are at this point so dense that they cannot see the number of lives that have been saved by vaccines then there really is no stopping people from being on the fence. The objection to the vaccines have been proven false over and over again. If the rest of us get the protection we really don't have to worry about those that don't, nature will take care of itself. I feel sorry for the children of anti-vaxxers because that are going to be exposed to any number of serious illnesses and they may prove fatal. Needless illnesses and sufferings because they happened to be born to people with no logical thought patterns. I am old enough that vaccines for things like mumps, measles, chicken pox, scarlet fever and countless others didn't exist. I got all of them except the scarlet fever. I had friends the did though. I also had friends that contracted Polio. Vaccines save us from that fate. My most vivid memories of my childhood were during those bouts with measles, mumps and the pox. Vivid memories of fever and fatigue and that was over 60 years ago. If anyone thinks it is wise to not protect their children from these things, well, I would like to have a serious talk with them.

From the best I can tell the one single "side effect" other than the misconception of it causeing Autism is the one that says Death. Yes, injecting chemical into certain (very few) people can cause death. So can getting in a car and driving to the store, or crossing the street. Risks happen everywhere so when we have an avenue to narrow down those risks, why would we not want to do it. Ignorance and stubbornness?

Last edited:

correcaminos

Education! If people are at this point so dense that they cannot see the number of lives that have been saved by vaccines then there really is no stopping people from being on the fence. The objection to the vaccines have been proven false over and over again. If the rest of us get the protection we really don't have to worry about those that don't, nature will take care of itself. I feel sorry for the children of anti-vaxxers because that are going to be exposed to any number of serious illnesses and they may prove fatal. Needless illnesses and sufferings because they happened to be born to people with no logical thought patterns. I am old enough that vaccines for things like mumps, measles, chicken pox, scarlet fever and countless others didn't exist. I got all of them except the scarlet fever. I had friends the did though. I also had friends that contracted Polio. Vaccines save us from that fate. My most vivid memories of my childhood were during those bouts with measles, mumps and the pox. Vivid memories of fever and fatigue and that was over 60 years ago. If anyone thinks it is wise to not protect their children from these things, well, I would like to have a serious talk with them.

From the best I can tell the one single "side effect" other than the misconception of it causeing Autism is the one that says Death. Yes, injecting chemical into certain (very few) people can cause death. So can getting in a car and driving to the store, or crossing the street. Risks happen everywhere so when we have an avenue to narrow down those risks, why would we not want to do it. Ignorance and stubbornness?
My only issue with the "let nature take care of itself" still puts people at risk. There will be people who medically cannot have this shot. Children under 12 so far will not have any testing on any of the trials I have seen. The one I am in is taking 12-17, but have not seen younger. Pregnant women will be precluded based on the vibe I got during the trial. There are also bound to be medical exclusions otherwise. Like a friend's child literally cannot make antibodies against anything (tested to prove this) and is told to avoid all vaccines. Even family cannot take live ones.

So if we leave people to make their own misinformed choices, some can still suffer.

There are people who legitimately believe we are being microchipped as well with this vaccine. If you read threads elsewhere on this site some real doozy of wrong information is out there.

I will continue to be vocal. I have laid into family for stupid reasons (even told one that she needs to stay home if she will not comply) and been kind to the ones who do have legitimate fears of medicine as many marginalized do thanks to crappy history of medicine. I want my life back to normal. I want everyone to be safe. I want to give my kid a much better 13 birthday party than he had this past weekend and I want to go on vacation safely again LOL

Goofyernmost

My only issue with the "let nature take care of itself" still puts people at risk. There will be people who medically cannot have this shot. Children under 12 so far will not have any testing on any of the trials I have seen. The one I am in is taking 12-17, but have not seen younger. Pregnant women will be precluded based on the vibe I got during the trial. There are also bound to be medical exclusions otherwise. Like a friend's child literally cannot make antibodies against anything (tested to prove this) and is told to avoid all vaccines. Even family cannot take live ones.

So if we leave people to make their own misinformed choices, some can still suffer.

There are people who legitimately believe we are being microchipped as well with this vaccine. If you read threads elsewhere on this site some real doozy of wrong information is out there.

I will continue to be vocal. I have laid into family for stupid reasons (even told one that she needs to stay home if she will not comply) and been kind to the ones who do have legitimate fears of medicine as many marginalized do thanks to crappy history of medicine. I want my life back to normal. I want everyone to be safe. I want to give my kid a much better 13 birthday party than he had this past weekend and I want to go on vacation safely again LOL
Yes, I know, but unless a law is passed that says you must get the vaccine, we live in a free country and unless we can prove, without a doubt that they individually caused the harm, all we can do is try our best to train or shame them into caring about others.

correcaminos

Yes, I know, but unless a law is passed that says you must get the vaccine, we live in a free country and unless we can prove, without a doubt that they individually caused the harm, all we can do is try our best to train or shame them into caring about others.
I'm more into guilting others vs shaming ;) but otherwise yes, we can hopefully help make changes for the better of all.

Goofyernmost

It's a subtle line. It was something I learned passed through many generations of Catholic women derived from their Jewish ancestors... both lines are particularly good at guilting. It's almost an art :p
Yea, my mother taught me that too, Catholic upbringing as well. The difference is that with guilting they get mad at you. Shaming they get mad at themselves for not doing the right thing. 🤔

correcaminos

Yea, my mother taught me that too, Catholic upbringing as well. The difference is that with guilting they get mad at you. Shaming they get mad at themselves for not doing the right thing. 🤔
Not here with guilting. It's not at all getting angry. Quite the opposite here. Just more disappointed with appropriate religious gestures and phrases tossed in (ay Dios mío)

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
The vaccine comes out in a week!!!!!!!!!!!! The president deserves so much credit for this! 🙂 ☺️
Or, the scientists who actually made it, the volunteers who tested it, and the doctors and pharmacists who will pass it out. Sure the govt helped finance it, but so did Dolly Parton. Don’t give all the credit to one person, who was a huge denier of how bad things were and are. If anything, I hold him accountable for how bad things got.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The vaccine comes out in a week!!!!!!!!!!!! The president deserves so much credit for this! 🙂 ☺️
It comes out in a week in the UK where it was approved. Next week the FDA independent board meets with Pfizer scientists to discuss the trial results and if all goes well they will vote 12/10 to approve emergency use authorization. Then the CDC needs to make a final approval before the vaccine can be distributed. If all goes well it’s probably sometime around 12/15 that the first vaccinations can happen. Right now there are around 6M doses available in the US which is expected to increase to 40M by year end (assuming Pfizer and Moderna both get approved)

The first group getting the vaccine consists of 21M healthcare workers and 3M residents of LT care facilities. They need 2 doses each so it will take up until the end of January to finish that group. It is expected that the CDC will define who is in phase 1B. The expectation is that will be anyone with medical conditions which cause them to be at serious risk for Covid complications and some additional essential workers like first responders. That may take another month. Then it goes to phase 2 which will likely be anyone 65+ not already covered or anyone under 65 with a pre-existing condition that puts them at moderate risk for severe Covid complications. That group will likely take into April and could get us to as many as 150M people.

At that point the emergency use authorization is done. Children and healthy adults under 65 will only be vaccinated after the FDA gives full approval. The best estimate is that approval happens some time in April after they have 6 months of data on the initial phase 3 trial and 4 months with millions vaccinated worldwide. Based on today’s expectations anyone who wants a vaccine will have access by some time in June.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Or, the scientists who actually made it, the volunteers who tested it, and the doctors and pharmacists who will pass it out. Sure the govt helped finance it, but so did Dolly Parton. Don’t give all the credit to one person, who was a huge denier of how bad things were and are. If anything, I hold him accountable for how bad things got.
Don’t forget the leaders of every major world economy who also bought doses of vaccine in advance. If you add up the UK, EU, Japan and Canada that’s many more doses bought than what the US purchased. It was a worldwide effort of scientists from many companies funded by investments from the wealthiest countries. The best example of worldwide unity since WWII except Japan and Germany were on our side this time;)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
No he doesn’t.

Anyway, vaccinations could begin over here within the week. Consensus is late spring / early summer before any proper inroads are made, and restrictions / regulations to last beyond that. 2021 will be the year of starting to get back to some sort of normality, not the end of it all.

annabanana

Original Poster
Trump escalated this!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom