New Vacation Planning DVD being filmed

disneydata

Original Poster
Just some news first-hand:

I was at Pirates today and a group of people got on a boat with a few cameras, lights, and wanted an empty boat behind them. After they left the load area, I asked the group leader what they were doing and he told me they were filming for the new Vacation Planning DVD and wanted some on-ride Pirates shots. No release date yet, but I assume it will be for the new offerings starting soon.

JEDIsney

Thank you SO much for this information!

I love watching the Vacation Planning DVD, especially the one for the Happiest Celebration on Earth, and I literally watch it over and over again. I never get bored of watching it either, but now that I know they're making a new one for the new promotion, I'm very excited!

I wonder if they'll have the four different hosts like last time. I hope they do, I liked that idea, it worked very well. The whole video was actually done very very well. I doubt they'll have Erin back though...

Anyway, thanks for the information, I'm so excited!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
This is of utmost importance... Were they wearing Tinkerbell pins or were they in nifty retro-Epcot themed clothing? Where does their allegence stand? Are they for us or against us?

natalia1681

This is of utmost importance... Were they wearing Tinkerbell pins or were they in nifty retro-Epcot themed clothing? Where does their allegence stand? Are they for us or against us?

All right, Merf. I choose my choice. I'm with you! Epcot Center for LIFE!!

Down with the Pixie:lol:

I reallt hope they go back to the way they used to do the planning videos. With the images and the voiceovers and the instrumental very magical music in the background. Those videos gave me goosebumps. The happiest celebration on earth video wasn't great in my book. It struck me as a really long episode of disney 411 on the disney channel.

Tanis

I say let them do what they want.

I liked the old style Planning Videos, but I also believe the newer style in the HCOE dvd is extremely helpful for first time guests and new people that may not understand the full concept of a Walt Disney World Vacation, You do need to plan and plan a lot. I liked the ride features of the old style but the newer version was more informative and very helpful especially when planning or coordinating a Vacation with very different styles of People, akak Single crowd, Family, and kids or toddlers.

As to the Year of Million Dreams, bring it on I am all for Pixie Pins and anything else Disney is will ing to notice its Guests for, because we do need to more polite, more curteous, and more compassionate and understanding of the people and the World around Us.

Its not all about a partiicular Park or a Particular Idea, its about the feeling that place gives you inside and hopefully while your there you can forget about the rest of the world and just have fun, seriously. Disneyland is the starting point of Walt's Dream, Walt Disney World was a refinement of that Dream closer to the way he imagined the Happiest Place on Eath.

I hate to be a downer on Merf because he is a respected elder member of the community, but Epcot will have its day I am sure. Its 25 year Birthday is coming up but not until Oct. 24, 2007. Since Disney celebrates things going forward (ie Disneyland July 17, 1955 to 2005 = 50 years.) They did however, start the planning and pre birthday Celebration in May which was very nice of them and they brought in a huge amount of extra improvements for the Party but that should be expected since Disneyland is the first "Flagship Theme Park" of the coporation. I know WDW gets more visitors and has more parks however that has more to do with geography and zoning than anything else. I would just like to stress to all members of this community that Epcot's 25th Birthday will not go unnoticed, and just like some did not like the adaptation of Cinderellabration, you may not enjoy the improvements to Epcot, but The Disney Coproation is still our friend, and guide into our imaginations. I would hope all of us take the time to be more polite, more curteous, and more understanding of our fellow guests, and cast members when we are allowed the privelage to enter in to that special world our Imagineering Master Craftsman has opened up before us.

Please remember this little bit of wisdom, "Any memory you have of any exsisting landmark will always be yours to have and cherish in its original pristine glory, if you only take the time to remain young at heart, and dare to do what you dare to dream. If you walk though life wishing to hold on to the remains of a day gone by, than you miss all the new things you never saw the first time around." Said by myself Christopher Lee Kaija.

Walt Disney World has a very large job in front of itself and Walt set that bar higher than anyone could have ever imagined when he dared to dream up the Magic Kingdom and the E.P.C.O.T and the Imagineers will only try to do what they feel is right for the parks and thier guests. WDI has a huge job trying to fit thier dreams, not only to the real world physics of today but also constantly push the boundaries of not just thier own dreams but yours too.

Walt Disney Imagineers are a special breed of people, they see the world with eyes wide open and dare to do what they dare to dream, looking for that one great idea that will spark a memory of fleeting fantasy in each and every guest that comes to thier door. WDI and WDC are here and they work of each and everyone of us trying to rekindle in all of us the imaginations, dreams, and feelings we had in our innocent youth.

So they next time your in Disney take the time to remember what it was like to be a kid, and look at the world though eyes wide open.................

We saw them setting up at Epcot yesterday, first inside Living Seas and then moving outside in front of the Fountain of Nations. Second take interrupted by yesterday's later-than-usual showers. Not sure how the folks were picked, we tried to talk to the crew but the...handlers or managers or whatever they're called were on hand to keep us from bothering them.

With as much as they recycle footage for those planning videos you could practically be immortalized forever if you could just get on camera!

Yoop33

I wonder how long they will be there for.... I will be going today. I guess I iwll have to check out all the parks. I will just follow them around all day long. I WANNA BE IN THE VIDEO!!

LudwigVonDrake

Do they have the same hosts as last year? I hope that kid doesn't come back because he was so annoying trying to be "hip" or whatever you want to call it!

I liked the layout of the last planning DVD. The resorts and parks were all separate. Makes it easier to find what you want to obsess over :D

Maerj

They should use the WDW Ambassador as the host for the planning DVD. They still have the ambassadors, right? They used to wear riding crop style outfits. Anyway, they could use the same person to host the WDW Tour video at the resorts. So, when you get to your room and switch on the tv you'll see a familiar face. I think that would be nice, especially for first timers.

Craig & Lisa

I think they were filming when we were there on Aug. 24th. When we entered MK that morning in the small area in front of the train station they were filming with what looked like a family. By the time we were finished that morning we left to find that everything was missing from that area. So I guess that's what was going on.

DanStat

They must have been working on this for a LONG time, because they were filming Soarin' last year when we went in October. They were grabbing people who were coming out of the pavillion and lining them up. My best piece of advice for getting picked is walk together in a group and act like you're having fun! :lol:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I think they were filming when we were there on Aug. 24th. When we entered MK that morning in the small area in front of the train station they were filming with what looked like a family. By the time we were finished that morning we left to find that everything was missing from that area. So I guess that's what was going on.

The Kleptomaniac family strikes again! :eek: :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom