New V.I. Passholder Events Include Some Free After Hours Access

deeevo

God, Disney can't win. Usually it's "Disney keeps getting rid of perks!". "Everything's an upcharge now!". "They don't care about AP holders!".

Now they offer a new perk to AP holders that doesn't cost an additional dime, and it's "they're not doing it often enough!". " I can't make the dates!". "sure, it's good if your close but not for those who live a distance!".

It's a perk. It's not part of the service that was advertised as part of the AP. It's a new, free, additional perk. And maybe if they are successful they will do more of these. Come on, can't we give Disney credit for once???!!
Absolutely, it's good to see them valuing the AP's more. Every little bit is nice for a change.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I should be kissing their feet in gratitude for the special feeling I'll get by being able to ride Figment at 9:30 at night for no additional cost. I haven't felt this special since they announced the limited time (while supplies last) Donald Duck car magnet.

Do you not enjoy the discounts you get for shopping, dining, and hotel?

I know the pass holder savings alone beyond the standard discounts for my September trip amounted to close to an additional $800 beyond the September room and room/ticket promotion.

So please tell me again about how I'm getting screwed by Disney on my AP.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

There IS a little hidden Gem of data in this offering....

Now, my wife and I can't really make use of the offer either, due to booked trip dates.... BUT: Please NOTICE something?
This offer does NOT apply to "Silver" APs.

DisneyLAND (I think?) got rid of "Local" APs altogether. Is this the first shot across the bow for the WDW "Silver" AP?
Don't know.... we live in MI, and have Gold Passes. Just wondering.... :).

asianway

Now, my wife and I can't really make use of the offer either, due to booked trip dates.... BUT: Please NOTICE something?

DisneyLAND (I think?) got rid of "Local" APs altogether. Is this the first shot across the bow for the WDW "Silver" AP?
these will sell out instantly - they just want to reward the higher tiers.

Giraffiki

I wonder if they will throw around mickey bars like they do with other special events, or just give APs an EMH. Not that special if it's just two extra hours, but Disney has the opportunity to win back a lot of the perceived value that may have been lost by APs not getting a TSL preview. Yes, a free mickey bar could go a long way

DisneyDebRob

Not one complaint! Really? The fact that it is for one night only at MK and 2 nights at Epcot with limited number of guests, and we should not complain. What percentage of AP holders do you think will be allowed in? I may change my attitude if I'm one of the lucky few to get registered in time.
There’s always a few. It’s not all about you .
God, Disney can't win. Usually it's "Disney keeps getting rid of perks!". "Everything's an upcharge now!". "They don't care about AP holders!".

Now they offer a new perk to AP holders that doesn't cost an additional dime, and it's "they're not doing it often enough!". " I can't make the dates!". "sure, it's good if your close but not for those who live a distance!".

It's a perk. It's not part of the service that was advertised as part of the AP. It's a new, free, additional perk. And maybe if they are successful they will do more of these. Come on, can't we give Disney credit for once???!!
Perfectly said.

Last edited:
Do you not enjoy the discounts you get for shopping, dining, and hotel?

I know the pass holder savings alone beyond the standard discounts for my September trip amounted to close to an additional $800 beyond the September room and room/ticket promotion.

So please tell me again about how I'm getting screwed by Disney on my AP.

I didn't say any of that, you did. I don't know how criticizing one perk amounts to dismissing all perks. That is a pretty big leap on your part. I only said that I didn't think this perk was a great perk nor do I think it's worth praising. When they do things that deserve praise like those discounts, festival glassware, and previews I give credit where credit is due. In this case, why not praise the free water they give us too?

disneydg

No wonder pass-holders have a reputation of being nothing but a group of Alien Swirling Saucers. Disney actually does something nice for a change and its still not enough.
They are not doing this to be nice...Toy story Land is not giving them their predicted profit margin; so by allowing Passholders to spend time in the park for an extra amount of time, some will spend money on merchandise. On top of that, everyone eventually gets hungry when being in a park for awhile so some will spend even more money on food. That is the reason why MK and EPCOT are the only parks included considering those two parks have the largest amount of shops and places to grab food.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I didn't say any of that, you did. I don't know how criticizing one perk amounts to dismissing all perks. That is a pretty big leap on your part. I only said that I didn't think this perk was a great perk nor do I think it's worth praising. When they do things that deserve praise like those discounts, festival glassware, and previews I give credit where credit is due. In this case, why not praise the free water they give us too?

So, because you see no derived benefit from this event offering for AP members, means that no one should? The notion that you're entitled to benefits beyond the ones included with an AP is totally absurd.

Again my question is still valid, do you not enjoy the discounts you get for shopping, dining, and hotel? If you don't, I don't think there is any additional perk that Disney can offer you that would make you happy as an AP holder. Perhaps you shouldn't renew.

So, because you see no derived benefit from this event offering for AP members, means that no one should? The notion that you're entitled to benefits beyond the ones included with an AP is totally absurd.

Again my question is still valid, do you not enjoy the discounts you get for shopping, dining, and hotel? If you don't, I don't think there is any additional perk that Disney can offer you that would make you happy as an AP holder. Perhaps you shouldn't renew.

I don't recall speaking for anyone other than myself. Further, I can like or dislike any perk from any program. Liking or disliking an offering doesn't magically invalidate my right to an opinion. You may not agree with it but that doesn't make your opinion more or less correct than anyone else's. By purchasing a service it enables me the right to judge for myself whether or not I think a perceived perk is good or not. It also allows me to determine for myself if I think it adds value or not. My reasons for purchasing a pass are my business and only my concern. The Perks that come with it do not need to be all lumped together and judged collectively. Some perks I enjoy, others I don't, whether you agree with me or not is not my concern. I bought my pass, I determine the value.

I didn't once say everyone should dislike it simply because I do, I also didn't say that this one perk devalues the over all pass. I think it's absurd you think we should love everything given to us or not renew. The notion of all or nothing is ignorant in itself. Nothing in life is ever so cut and dry. My opinion is this particular perk isn't offering anything spectacular. It's two hours at night at one of the two parks that have the least amount of newer desirable offerings. However, anyone who enjoys that perk for what ever reasons they do are absolutely welcome to enjoy it. My opinion does not effect other people's enjoyment of it. I didn't judge anyone for their opinion of enjoying it or not. You however are judging me for mine and that says more about you than me. Forums are a two way street, people are allowed to share all kinds of opinions about a variety of topics. Sometimes you agree, sometimes you don't that's sorta the way forums work.

They shouldn't get praise for the free glassware because I wasn't there at the festival when they gave those out.

Am I complaining correctly? I'm new to this, but it's all about me, right?

Individuals can praise or criticize what ever they want to, for what ever reason(s) they choose to. Opinions are not the same as entitlement.

Gringrinngghost

At least they are transparent on what price point you need to spend to experience the "Magic". ($627.29 and up).

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

I'll give them credit. :) It's a perk, I just can't really take advantage of it. No biggie to me, it happens. If you buy an AP but live out of state, you kinda have to accept that eventually things are going to be offered that you cannot benefit from due to their limited nature.

JohnD

Once again Silver get ed on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom