New "Ultra Value" Hotels?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I have never seen Cabana Bay anywhere near that price. It must have been a peak season or something. They always have a discount. The most I've ever seen for an AP is 99.00. We stay at Sapphire Falls, which is so much better than most every resort at Disney, for 127.00 to 167.00 I've even gotten it for 119.00. This place is beautiful, clean, has a huge, well stocked fitness center with a sauna in the women's and men's locker rooms. It has meeting rooms, upscale bar, room service, Starbucks, covered parking, game room, etc. The pool is massive. It has water taxi service straight to the parks, with security at the dock saving time. And, important to us, they only allow dogs in certain rooms. My daughter has a couple of videos on Utube with tours of Sapphire Falls.

The cabana bay rate is what Universal currently shows for August 5-6, 2019.

ratherbeinwdw

The cabana bay rate is what Universal currently shows for August 5-6, 2019.
That's probably because they haven't announced the discount for that time. Right now, I can get a room for 99.00, but I checked March and the same room is 159.00. I'm fairly confident they will have new discounts when the current one ends in February. They are now selling ap's with 3 to 6 months free --depending on the one you buy. I renewed in October and only got 3 free months. If I bought it today, I would get 6. But, I'm happy with the three.

daisyduckie

Disney's Magic Crates!

The most magical crates in the most magical place on Earth! Just $87.29/night will get you and your family into a well-appointed crate with all the amenities you've come to expect from Disney. Some restrictions apply.*

*Offer is for 15" x 18" accommodations. Please see disneyworld.com for more detalls.

How about a Disney Pod Hotel, like they have in Japan? That would be kind of cool.

Club Cooloholic

That's probably because they haven't announced the discount for that time. Right now, I can get a room for 99.00, but I checked March and the same room is 159.00. I'm fairly confident they will have new discounts when the current one ends in February. They are now selling ap's with 3 to 6 months free --depending on the one you buy. I renewed in October and only got 3 free months. If I bought it today, I would get 6. But, I'm happy with the three.
I gotta say it's a little further but I love Cabana Bay. We stayed at lowes Royal Pacific and while the location is better Cabana was much more fun and nicer. Royal Pacific was kind of strange, they had closed down Emrils restaurant so there was nowhere really nice to eat. But cabana beats any value at Disney for sure.

gobstoper27

I gotta say it's a little further but I love Cabana Bay. We stayed at lowes Royal Pacific and while the location is better Cabana was much more fun and nicer. Royal Pacific was kind of strange, they had closed down Emrils restaurant so there was nowhere really nice to eat. But cabana beats any value at Disney for sure.
I love Cabana Bay, I'd love to try one of the "nicer" hotels but if it ain't broke, dont fix it! For being considered a value type hotel the rooms are so much bigger than Disney's values. We recently stayed in one of the new towers and I had concerns about the walk to the main lobby. To my surprise it wasn't bad at all!

December 2017 my wife and I got a standard room at All Star Sports for $98 per night. We booked originally in August 2017 for around $139 per night, but I was able to rebook after seeing the price drop. That is by far the lowest I've seen for any resort. I have seen that $99 per night price on Southwest Vacations also.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
What we like about Uni's hotels is the extra room for 5 people. It's tough at WDW to get that at less than $300.....Unless you want to stay at the ASMu "suite" at like $250....

And Cabanna Bay is 10x's the place that any Value at WDW is.

Agree about Cabana Bay. We had one of the family suite rooms. Was pleasantly surprised at what we got - 2 queen beds, a split bathroom like the ones at DVC 1 bedrooms, a very nice kitchenette with an eating bar, living room with sleeper sofa, and a patio. All for a price a little less than POR (it was a holiday weekend). All rooms in our building opened to an interior hallway. My only complaint was the thinness of the walls and the even worse than Disney bus transportation.

kong1802

Agree about Cabana Bay. We had one of the family suite rooms. Was pleasantly surprised at what we got - 2 queen beds, a split bathroom like the ones at DVC 1 bedrooms, a very nice kitchenette with an eating bar, living room with sleeper sofa, and a patio. All for a price a little less than POR (it was a holiday weekend). All rooms in our building opened to an interior hallway. My only complaint was the thinness of the walls and the even worse than Disney bus transportation.

I haven’t ever utilized their transportation but I’ve heard it’s lacking at best. We didn’t have an issue with the walls but we went at a dead time so I don’t think we had neighbors. But we paid $199 for that same suite while POR was going for $239 and an ASMu “suite” was $269 I believe. Much better room at Cabanna at that price for a fam of 5. And much nicer resort than ASMu. Arguably also better than POR, although I do love that place as well.

LAKid53

Premium Member

We usually stay at Royal Pacific, but our last stay, they'd renovated the rooms and took out the charm. Awful wallpaper and layout. If we do another just Uni trip, will probably go back to Cabana Bay or try Sapphire Falls.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I haven’t ever utilized their transportation but I’ve heard it’s lacking at best. We didn’t have an issue with the walls but we went at a dead time so I don’t think we had neighbors. But we paid $199 for that same suite while POR was going for $239 and an ASMu “suite” was $269 I believe. Much better room at Cabanna at that price for a fam of 5. And much nicer resort than ASMu. Arguably also better than POR, although I do love that place as well.

My daughter had injured her knee 2 weeks before our trip, so we needed a scooter. No problem getting an accessible room. But the buses Uni bought/leased were awful. Unlike Disney buses, you had to climb up several steps to get to the seats - was a real struggle for people who walked with a cane. And the scooter/wheel chair access was a lift. The buses had a spot for only one ECV or wheelchair. We waited for nearly 2 hours as only 2 buses had functioning lifts...and there were 4 others guests in ECVs in line ahead of us. And one small elevator at the parking garage to get up to security and the walkway over to the parks. I don't think their boats can accommodate ECVs or wheelchairs either, come to think of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom