• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

New "Ultra Value" Hotels?

SeminoleVators

Original Poster
What about another normal-value resort? Any insiders hear anything about this? I also Disney getting a Ritz-Carlton-style hotel soon, but the Four Seasons might have done that.

In a way, the real answer to this question is YES. Once the Gondola opens, Pop Century and AoA will be a level above the All Stars, making All Stars the "Ultra Value" WDW option.

But in terms of building something cheaper than the All Stars, I doubt it. Universal is playing a different ballgame all together when it comes to hotels... First, unlike Disney, they don't own OR operate the hotels (Loews does) - Universal simply gets a cut of the revenues in exchange for letting Loews build on their property and use the Universal name. What the hotels accomplish for Universal is a captive audience of out-of-town people who spend lots more time in their parks and stores (where Universal really makes money) and away from Disney.....

Tom P.

Even now, with all the price increases, you can find a value resort room for just a little more than $100 per night, depending on the time of year you go and what promotions they are offering. I can't imagine Disney ever offering on property resort rooms for less than that.

As to building new value resorts, I certainly hope so, and I expect they eventually will. I may be in the minority in thinking that. But they are doing their first "moderate" DVC resort. I think they will circle back to the values eventually. Especially since, as others have said, AoA and Pop are about to get a lot more popular with the gondola system.

dreamfinder

You mean a warehouse type structure with cots and a shared common bathroom facility like at a gym? Nah, can't see that. And by alot of guesses, WDW is going to move away from the various tiering of resort types as they add the gondola and make other change that blur the commonly accepted lines.

Tom P.

I am not very familiar with Universal at all, so please forgive me if this is common knowledge or has been discussed before. But what is the typical price point of Cabana Bay and what is expected to be the price point for Endless Summer?

I am not very familiar with Universal at all, so please forgive me if this is common knowledge or has been discussed before. But what is the typical price point of Cabana Bay and what is expected to be the price point for Endless Summer?
I believe cabana bay runs 150-250 typically...regular price.

So more or less moderate WDW type place with value pricing.

August 5-6, 2019:

Endless Summer Standard room $149
Endless Summer 2 Bedroom Suite $224
Cabana Bay: $199
All Star Movie $147
AOA Suite: $404

August 5-6, 2019:

Endless Summer Standard room $149
Endless Summer 2 Bedroom Suite $224
Cabana Bay: $199
All Star Movie $147
AOA Suite: $404
I can’t see $147 for All Star anything. $75-$80 max or you can get a really nice non-Disney hotel for $147.

Heck, I’m going to CBR in a few days for $129, and our last stay at AKL in Sept 2017 was around $225.

Gotta shop budget!

I can’t see $147 for All Star anything. $75-$80 max or you can get a really nice non-Disney hotel for $147.

Heck, I’m going to CBR in a few days for $129, and our last stay at AKL in Sept 2017 was around $225.

Gotta shop budget!
Caribbean is only worth $125-150...I can’t stress that more.

All Star is about $100

Deluxes vary...but since they’ve had Bigtime trouble selling them for 10+ years...it’s closer to $300 than $600...

This is a Disney board...so it would be a hard sell here....but the pricing structure is out of whack. They do a good job of selling “out of whack”, however

Disney's Magic Crates!

The most magical crates in the most magical place on Earth! Just $87.29/night will get you and your family into a well-appointed crate with all the amenities you've come to expect from Disney. Some restrictions apply.*

*Offer is for 15" x 18" accommodations. Please see disneyworld.com for more detalls.

Top Bottom